Thread: Credit Crunch Survival tips from a tight fisted Scotsman

Credit Crunch Survival tips from a tight fisted Scotsman

When I got my new PC I installed a trial of Winzip 12. That trial expired and When I went to purchase the software I noticed a barely visible link that mentioned I could get it for free.

Intrigued I followed the link to some site called TRIALPAY. Now being suspicious and of the opinion anything that seems too good to be true usually is I was a bit dubious. Basically it stated that you buy the software by signing up to another site. I had a look and found a number of offers.. sign up for this credit card .. buy this TV etc etc , but among the offers was a link to a company called emusic. They were offering 25 free DRM free music downloads (or 7 days membership .. whichever expired first)

I signed up (still a bit dubious about the whole affair.. but thought Winzip wasn't a disreputable company) got my 7 days/25 track free trial.. and then almost instantly my free unlock code for a fully licensed version of Winzip 12!

I downloaded an album of 24 tracks (not a huge amount on there I have to admit.. didn't recognise many bands) and then cancelled my account.

So not only did I get a FREE copy of Winzip.. I got a FREE album too in MP3 format and therefore DRM free. Plays fine and Winzip zips fine even after uninstalling.

The link above links to the Trial pay site and the merchants that use it. I dare say you might be able to find something you could use and get it for "free" by signing up to another service on the site.

Your mileage may vary but I was that chuffed about getting some stuff for free I just had to share.

EDIT

Incorrect link above .. but this seems to be a link of shopping sites that take the trial pay method

Re: Credit Crunch Survival tips from a tight fisted Scotsman

Thread Information