Thread: Camilla quits Strictly

Camilla quits Strictly

AOL is reporting that Camilla Dallerup has quit Strictly Come Dancing....

Any volunteers to take her place...?

Re: Camilla quits Strictly

Oooh, interesting! I'd suspected that Erin Boag wanted to quit (which would be part of the reason she got so emotional when she and Austin were booted out). I'm slightly surprised to find Camilla's done so, although I suppose it makes sense to leave on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_L View Post
    I suppose it makes sense to leave on a high.
    Probably….apparently she said dancing every day for four months with Tom was exhausting....now if she needed a day off, all she had do was ask me.......

There was an interview with Karen Hardy about a month ago in the Daily Mail (I didn't buy it, honest. I read it whilst visiting my father) in which she hinted that she might be leaving as well.

Blog Entries

Its the usual story.

Make a little bit of fame by doing a good job, release some DVD;s and try going on ya own.

These people all the same. What she thinks she is going to do i dont know.

Out of all of em, she is the worst dancer IMO and she only won cause of Toms popularity not cause she is a fantastic dancer and made him so.

Have you seen the advert for her fitness DVD.

DOH

Commercial Operator

You're so right. It MUST be about the fame and the money. It couldn't be that the job didn't suit her... that her family commitments meant she couldn't stay with the workload... that she came to dislike the pressure of live tv... that she was tired of Brucie's letching (not saying he did, just hypothetical)... or that she prefers to be her own master and that the beeb set down one condition too many...

Every day, many people leave their jobs because they are unhappy in that job. It doesn't have to come down to money and fame... it could actualy be for personal reasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    You're so right. It MUST be about the fame and the money. It couldn't be that the job didn't suit her... that her family commitments meant she couldn't stay with the workload... that she came to dislike the pressure of live tv... that she was tired of Brucie's letching (not saying he did, just hypothetical)... or that she prefers to be her own master and that the beeb set down one condition too many...

Every day, many people leave their jobs because they are unhappy in that job. It doesn't have to come down to money and fame... it could actualy be for personal reasons.
    yeah right. Such a hard job and the pressures of it, she decided to spend time making DVD instead

For all we know she's planning a baby, or any other excellent reason for quitting a stressful job. I know if I got the chance to make a living by sidelining into something more controllable and less stressful (like, I would imagine, for her, making a DVD) I'd jump at it. Wouldn't anyone?

She's probably going to have much less fame and money in whatever line of work she now chooses to take up. She should be applauded for being prepared to give up wealth and fame she could otherwise have continued having.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    :

She's probably going to have much less fame and money in whatever line of work she now chooses to take up. She should be applauded for being prepared to give up wealth and fame she could otherwise have continued having.
    Camilla who?

Talk of quitting while you are ahead...

G

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    yeah right. Such a hard job and the pressures of it,
    Once U've spent 4 months training, learning and kicking Vince's butt on a dance floor... come back to us with ur learned wisdom... dazzling us with ignorance is not the way forward.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once U've spent 4 months training, learning and kicking Vince's butt on a dance floor... come back to us with ur learned wisdom... dazzling us with ignorance is not the way forward.
    Well, let's face it, it's just speculation on either side isn't it?

I mean, if you like Camilla, you're likely to search for any excuse for her - hard job, wanting a change, etc.

If like me you think she's an deranged bunny-boiler, you're likely to think that she's just quit whilst she's ahead, and wants to cash in on her celebrity.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Well, let's face it, it's just speculation on either side isn't it?

I mean, if you like Camilla, you're likely to search for any excuse for her - hard job, wanting a change, etc.

If like me you think she's an deranged bunny-boiler, you're likely to think that she's just quit whilst she's ahead, and wants to cash in on her celebrity.
    It is just speculation. I was trying to offer many plausible (some more pleasant than others) options as opposed to crucifying her.

I don't have a view on Camilla but I don't feel she should be berated for no other reason, than mere speculation...

I didn't realise there were deranged bunny boilers on the dance scene OK, well... maybe one or two...

Blog Entries

I didn't realise there were deranged bunny boilers on the dance scene OK, well... maybe one or two...
    Good Grief... how can you miss something so blatant. the forums nickname is bunny boilers.com
    well you missed her blatant abuse of celebrity so no surprise there eh CJ.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Its the usual story.

Make a little bit of fame by doing a good job, release some DVD;s and try going on ya own.

These people all the same. What she thinks she is going to do i dont know.

It's got to be an amazing job, but at the same time, it's got to be a huge amount of HARD work. I doubt it's something anyone could keep doing indefinitely - and, IMHO, it's a wise person who knows when to quit.

She was doing well before she started on Strictly - otherwise I rather doubt she'd have been chosen for it. I'm thinking she'll do just fine after moving on - and I doubt her Strictly-derived fame will hurt her any.

Commercial Operator

I didn't realise there were deranged bunny boilers on the dance scene
    As opposed to all the happy fluffy sane bunny boilers?

Cool Re: Camilla quits Strictly

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    Camilla who?
    What's Strictly?

Ducks and runs for cover...

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

She has confirmed she is not returning! I read it here

There had been speculation that strictly were going to revamp for next year anyway..... i wonder who will replace her!

Is it wrong that I'm actually pleased that she's gone? She is one of the female pros that I never really warmed to.

She did do some fab routines - although the only one that springs to mind was the cabaret inspired tango with James Martin - but I thought she over-acted the facial expressons and some of her latin dances were too wild and out of control for my liking.

I appreciate that everyone has their favourites though and, even she was never one of mine, I am sure that just as many others loved her being in the show.

I did admire the way Camilla handled herself and brought the best out of Tom for example. Also with her slightly gangly frame she managed to look graceful as all the professional dancers do.

In the end they should all be allowed to leave the show without anyone getting upset or feeling we own them, because if they are doing it for fame and money, or leaving to make more money out of their fame more easily that's all fine isn't it?

There will no doubt be many ready to take her place - another Kristina perhaps!

Thread Information