Thread: Negracha Fri. 2nd January

Negracha Fri. 2nd January

Because of this uncertain start, I only went because there were people I invited that I could not contact.

When I got there the downstairs was open and our group was playing our own music. It was so well received that we have been given a three hour official slot next month. This is already being organised by Marc Forster so we are in for a treat.

What a good night.

I stayed downstairs the whole night and other than the odd chat I did not stop dancing the whole night.

I think I danced with only three forumites, Jay Jay, Rachel and Zebra Woman, thanks for such lovely dances. The rest of the night was with other members of the LGTN group, some friends I invited and one or two people that I knew there. Thank you all for such a good time.

For anybody starting there Tango journey these monthly meets are a very friendly and unintimidating way to start dancing at milongas. If you are interested PM either myself or David Bailey and we would being than willing to give you further information.

Re: Negracha tonight (Fri Jan 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    Because of this uncertain start, I only went because there were people I invited that I could not contact.
    Yes, Ivan bowed to popular demand!

When I got there the downstairs was open and our group was playing our own music. It was so well received that we have been given a three hour official slot next month. This is already being organised by Marc Forster so we are in for a treat.
    Hoorah! Adored Kymme's playlist last night - some of my faves were on there (ones I thought only I wanted to tango to), although have never thought of including Carmen - was STONKINGLY good with the amazing partner I had at the time. Poor DJ seemed a little thrown to a tango that owed more to a Schubert string quartet than Piazolla ... but coped admirably well. After that, I had to go home ... couldn't have got any better.

I stayed downstairs the whole night and other than the odd chat I did not stop dancing the whole night.
    Yes, we didn't get to meet although JayJay pointed you out ... perhaps next time. I'll be the one with the cake.

Was not fit enough to attend - hope to make the next one.

Good - then we can meet! Some photos from last night have been uploaded as an album on this forum and to the Facebook Negracha event.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    Yes, we didn't get to meet although JayJay pointed you out ... perhaps next time. I'll be the one with the cake.
    I always seem to loose out but I am looking forward to our dance next time.

Originally Posted by Astro
    hope to make the next one.
    Astro, I hope you feeling better now . You had better get down to the next one because I want that dance.

After the being told at the door when I arrived that there was no class and no basement, decided that I would hang on for a while and then perhaps head home as I do feel a bit out of my depth upstairs....but boy what a wonderful night it turned out to be.

Have said before what a lovely feel the place has but it just gets better and better especially as more and more forumites are coming too, so welcoming and friendly...as for next time when we have our run of the place so to speak with Marc sorting the music...............HEAVEN

Thanks Ant, DB, Ken, Marc and all the other formumites that shared and cared the dances with me

Re: Negracha Fri. 2nd January

I've only been dancing AT a few months so I was very wary about going to the famous Negracha's I'd heard so much about but I had the most brilliant evening! I assume they weren't expecting many people as only the upstairs was open at first and the lesson was packed but it evened out a bit once they opened downstairs.

I had some fantastic dances and thanks very much to all my lovely partners who made me most welcome. I know I danced with Rhythm King (who says he's a beginner but is obviously telling porkies). I too barely sat down all evening and spent most of the evening downstairs, partly because there was more space and the floor was a lot better but also a great variety of music. I didn't get everyone's names but if I didn't introduce myself I apologise.

Everyone was really friendly and relaxed and I didn't feel nearly as intimidated as I thought I would. It's really cemented my enthusiasm for AT. It's a great contrast to MJ but I think being able to do both is wonderful. Can't wait till next month!

Well I had only been to Negracha's once before, a couple of years ago, with another complete beginner and neither of us enjoyed the experience. I'm not that fond of the class format anyway and the freestyle was a non-event as I didn't know enough to do much and only got a couple of acceptances to dance anyway, with other complete novices. It rather put me off.

Friday was effectively my first proper visit to a Tango club, in spite of people's kind words. I have taken some classes with Amir and Jenny, but this was the first time I'd tried to put it to use and it was very scary.

Going with the LGTN group made a complete difference as it meant there were friendly faces who were willing to have a go (and also ladies willing to ask the guys ). There was no beginner's, or indeed any tango class as they had an all-in vals class upstairs, which was a bit a of a handful. As there was initially no music downstairs I was seriously considering leaving, but then they relented and put on a cd and the night improved greatly. Thanks to everyone who put up with my meandering around (and sorry ZW for treading on your foot ) The music was really inspiring and a lot was not what I would've expected there, possibly more at a Funky Lush. Thanks to Kymme I have been caning i-Tunes this weekend!

I did have an issue with floorcraft. To be fair it was very crowded and I am a beginner after all. I did try to stay out of people's way, but I think I had a bit of a fixation with making progress along the line of dance, probably because I'm taking ballroom at present. However some people just cannoned into me and my partner on several occasions, but only a couple of guys made any effort to apologise. I suppose it doesn't help that most of the ladies (and some of the guys for that matter) seem to dance with their eyes closed, so if the guy does suddenly accelerate, or go off backwards, nobody is looking, but even so... [/rant over] The situation improved markedly after midnight, when the numbers dropped and different people appeared. I didn't dance upstairs as it was way too scary, but fantastic to watch.

All in all, if you want to have a go at AT then this is the way forward and I shall certainly go again when I can (and that has nothing to do with the Cake Club!).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King View Post
    Friday was effectively my first proper visit to a Tango club, in spite of people's kind words. I have taken some classes with Amir and Jenny, but this was the first time I'd tried to put it to use and it was very scary.

Going with the LGTN group made a complete difference as it meant there were friendly faces who were willing to have a go (and also ladies willing to ask the guys ).
    The penny has just dropped to who you are, as I was introduced to you by your 'real' name (shock horror). I do believe we had a dance or two and thank you for that, likewise as a beginner I find it a bit daunting too....I look forward to dancing and sharing cake with you again....until the next time

Thread Information