Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

Re: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

When I got up this morning I weighed myself then went to the loo. After the loo I reweighed myself and I had put on a lb, beyond me this.

I am now 12st 8lb tho it will change again before my weigh in tomorrow. Although my 32" jeans are comfortable now.

DTS XXX XXX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Ok, this is this weeks idea....

In the photo, are a pair of trousers that I was comfortable in, approx 2 months ago, now look!!

My aim is for them to be comfortable again, in time for Eclipse, which is 5 weeks away! I promise to upload another pic, when they do up!

This 'IS' achievable!

So folks, now its your turn... dig out those jeans that won't quite do up, your nice dress, which zip fails to glide or a shirt who's buttons don't talk to each other anymore and get snapping!

I reckon this will be a good 'self motivator' if you decide to be game!

So come on, we're in it together, remember!
    Wot a great idea. I#ll have to find something at home that im not able to get into at the moment (although i dont think i have anything.. may have to buy something in a size down) take a pic of it on and try and get into it... No weighing...wot a great idea....

Well done Lory.. will find something and join the pictures. xxx

Whilst agreeing about the weighing, nosey crow that I am, got weighed on Sunday from one of those Boots machines that give you your bmi and body fat. Whilst my BMI was fine and within the limits, my body fat was quite high!! I have been really determined about lots of things since the start of the new year, and have managed to lose a couple of pounds and an inch from my waist and hips, but the body fat does concern me. I have been exercising, going to the gym and went swimming tonight, I feel I have more energy and more focused, definitely feeling more positive, I just hope it lasts, I tend to start out really enthused and then it goes but....this is where this thread does come in useful..thank you everyone and good luck!!

p.s. the tape measure rules ok from now on, will only weigh in again in two weeks time!!
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELVES!!!!!
    Paul Mckenna is of this opinion and I guess it has merit but I want to see results every day

I weighed myself on the Wiii Fit and according to that I lost 7lb in a day which I think is medically impossible.

I am disapointed and the Wii Fit as I thought it to be fairly accurate

However as it has graphs and tasks etc going to continue with it.

Even when I lost over a stone last time that didnt change my waist size.

I would have to keep the weight off for a long time beofre i ever change my wardrobe, what do others do ?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Paul Mckenna is of this opinion and I guess it has merit but I want to see results every day
    But that's the problem, you wont! And then you'll get disheartened and think, what's the point? I've put in all this effort and nothings happening.

I weighed myself on the Wiii Fit and according to that I lost 7lb in a day which I think is medically impossible.
    Not if you cut your leg off!

Even when I lost over a stone last time that didnt change my waist size.
    That's surprising! A stone is a lot of weight, it must have come off of 'somewhere'

I would have to keep the weight off for a long time beofre i ever change my wardrobe, what do others do ?
    A lot of my stuff has a certain amount of 'give' in it, so I can still wear it if I loose or put on a few pounds but things like those trousers in the pic, are very unforgiving and wont stretch at all and they wont lie either!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

ok.. Day 8 of a smoke free body.

I have not develped a head cold and an extremely dry cough, keeps ya awake all night, cough.

So gettting fitter has made me ill

Blog Entries

Half Ton Son...
    Did anyone else watch this last night?

It was unbelievable but more than that it was a tragically sad story. The Mother obviously had mental issues and in all honesty, he should have been taken into care when he was younger.
    It was clearly 'child abuse' packaged as something else.

In effect, she'd disabled him and made him totally dependent on her, for everything.
    I truley couldn't believe it when he finally got to go home, the first thing she made him was a ***** hotdog!

Thankfully, right at the end, it was announced that they were having an agreed separation.
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Try doing it naked infront of a mirror. Normally encourages one to bounce for at least an hour longer..... burn the calories quicker LOL

Yes scary thought - maybe I should incorporate Lory's idea of posting a photo on this thread with your idea of bouncing naked on my mini-trampoline
    Last edited by Jan in Notts; 13th-January-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Leaving Trouble's quote with no explanation could have led to a lot of innuendo....

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

maybe if we each post pictures of our naked bouncing selves it will serve as adequate encouragement for us and brilliant encouragement for others who are then put off eating their dinner

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    ... got weighed on Sunday from one of those Boots machines that give you your bmi and body fat. Whilst my BMI was fine and within the limits, my body fat was quite high!!
    I stopped using these machines when I found that they couldn't consistently measure my height correctly* You have to take the results with a large pinch of salt, because by the time you factor in the variables of whether your weight might be up or down depending on what you have eaten, drunk or excreted, plus the variables of the machine's accuracy, you are only getting a fairly vague idea anyway. I sometimes used the pro’s bmi scales at the gym, but found that even if you do the same weigh-in three times in a row five minutes apart, you won’t necessarily always get precisely the same reading. And as someone pointed out, if you start to turn fat into muscle then you weigh more, so how helpful is it knowing what your weight is if you are improving your fitness? And I don’t believe that just eating less is any kind of solution without increasing your exercise.

*And yes, I know that my height can vary as well during the course of the day etc. but surely not to the extent that I wouldn't get into the country on my current passport.

Personally I go by how my clothes fit, or use a tape measure – they are far more reliable. I also have a very short pair of denim shorts which used to fit me and probably never will again (and I thought I wasn’t slim enough then - duh!) and they double as a size guide and a shocker/motivator.

My top tips are:

· find a form of energetic exercise which feels like fun and not something you do because it’s good for you. Make it part of your life so that you will do it whether you are in the mood or not, because that’s what you do on a Tuesday

· be either very happy or very very unhappy in love, so that food becomes completely irrelevant (it’s always worked for me – when my love life is going more and more pear-shaped, at least I’m not!)

What also works brilliantly for me is going on a dance weekend - so far just linedancing, but I guess jive will be the same. Since I am a wheat-intolerant fish-eating vegetarian, hotels almost invariably offer me meals based chiefly round fresh fruit and steamed fish since they haven’t a clue what else to give me and often think wheat-free means no dairy or sugar either. I dance all day and night, drink lots of water, and have this health farm-type food. The only downside is being completely knackered throughout the following week due to lack of sleep, but as a diet and exercise programme it’s brilliant. I find if I’ve gone off the rails a bit beforehand then it kickstarts me back to sensible eating because I lose weight without feeling I’m working at it, and this makes me feel I am moving in the right direction, which is a good motivator. Having a few dance weekends spaced throughout the year seems to keep me more or less in check and I’ve managed to maintain a reasonably healthy size give or take a bit, without having to be terribly interested in my weight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    Having a few dance weekends spaced throughout the year seems to keep me more or less in check
    I agree with everything you've said, apart from your weekenders being like a 'health farm'

On my weekenders, I usually have the mentality that, its a weekend off and cos I'm dancing so much and getting so little sleep, that I 'need' high energy foods and copious amounts of alcohol!

WHAT? Don't tell me I've got it all wrong?

I agree with everything you've said, apart from your weekenders being like a 'health farm'

On my weekenders, I usually have the mentality that, its a weekend off and cos I'm dancing so much and getting so little sleep, that I 'need' high energy foods and copious amounts of alcohol!

WHAT? Don't tell me I've got it all wrong?
    Well, I can't drink and (line) dance without falling over, so if I get a glass of wine or a short at 8pm it takes me til 3am to finish it! I don’t think I’ve ever had alcohol when jiving though I shall try it in Skeg in June when I’m not driving. But I like to spin, so I shan't drink much. I think one drink probably improves my dancing confidence, but generally speaking I think that after one drink one’s alcohol consumption increases belief in dance ability as actual dance ability decreases!

Yes to the odd high energy snack, but that's OK if you are doing high energy things. When the dancing is good then I’d rather dance than eat; also when I’m enjoying my dancing I only have snacks when I feel really hungry or start to feel wobbly, as opposed to thinking that I can justify a snack to myself because I ‘probably’ need it. If I’m finding snacks too tempting then I keep them in my hotel room, not in my bag, because then I have to leave the hall to go and fetch them. But chocolates on the table are DANGEROUS!!!!

Okay you lot some tips.....if it helps

1. Sort your surroundings...........get rid of any temptation....don't buy it...if it goes in your trolley you will eat it.

2. Feel your 'comfort zone', you should never be hungry and at the other end of the scale you should never be uncomfortably full (on a scale of 1-10 always be between 3 and 6)

3. Plan ahead...save your 'treats' for when you know you are going to go out and indulge more than normal and be good for the rest of the time.

and for now...regarding 'exercise' just do more than you normally do, if you do you can (believe it or not) eat a little more too, you will still lose if you are eating/drinking sensibly.

........it's not easy, slow and consistent is always good, give yourself realistic targets, a consistent weight loss of half to two pounds a week is a healthy one

I'm having to get back on track too............

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Okay you lot some tips.....if it helps

1. Sort your surroundings...........get rid of any temptation....don't buy it...if it goes in your trolley you will eat it.

3. Plan ahead...save your 'treats' for when you know you are going to go out and indulge more than normal and be good for the rest of the time.
    Im not going to bin the the xmas stuff left over.

I must get to grips with my 'relationship with it'

Food is food

Its going to be there but I wont eat it. Put it out of sight (Pringles anyone ?)

Im not going to save myself for treats as its a life style thing for me

Its pointless for me to say I have earned this or that it wont work in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    But chocolates on the table are DANGEROUS!!!!

Bad girl - I never ever thought about taking chocolate to a freestyle until I met you.

Just back from the weigh in droped 4.5 lbs this week. Well pleased am I

DTS XXX

And I lost 2lbs! totalling 19.5lbs so far!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post
    And I lost 2lbs! totalling 19.5lbs so far!

Rachel
    Fruit bat to Pipistrelle before my very eyes.

Im not going to bin the the xmas stuff left over.

I must get to grips with my 'relationship with it'
    If you are serious about losing weight why not? At least don't buy anymore.

Food is food
    Good food v bad

Its going to be there but I wont eat it. Put it out of sight (Pringles anyone ?)
    They call from the cupboard unfortunately.........and Pringles are the worst

Im not going to save myself for treats as its a life style thing for me
    Treats don't have to be edible

I'm not trying to be holier than thou but was only trying to be helpful with what helped me...............and thought someone might find them useful tips

There is no treats in my flat at all, if I need a treat I have fruit instead. After a while you just get used to there being no naughty food around and tend not to miss it anymore. Oranges are my saviour now, no chocolate, nuts, crisps and no booze either.

DTS XXX XXX

Thread Information