Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

Re: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

Started back at WW this morning, have put on 7lb since the last time I was there but no surprises considering what I have been eating over the last couple of months.

Watched Claire Sweeney on tv last night - as an experiment she stopped exercising regularly and ate whatever she liked and managed to pile on nearly 2 stone in 6 weeks. It was quite shocking to hear about the health risks associated with her rapid weight gain but it certainly gave me food for thought (pardon the pun).

Can't decide whether to stick with WW (which worked in the past as long as I was focussed) or jack it in and spend the money on another gym membership where there are a lot more classes that I can get to during the mornings.

Either way goal is to lose 5lbs by the end of January through cutting out the junk food (crisps, chocolate etc) get to 3 exercise classes each week and try to make 2 freestyles.

errrghh suffering from tight trousers today so I'm signing up too

suspect I don't have much weight to loose - maybe 1-2 Kilos - so much more work on getting lean again - so first plan is to try and get my eating sorted out have been eatting far to many carbs since starting new job - not sure how to tackle this as I don't have the meal options at work that I used to have.

then next target is some extra exercise - as I really barely move around in this job

am really struggling with the reduced bread/pasta in take, and of coarse the lack of Booze. but am feeling better and the clothes dont feel so "shrunk" anymore so will stick with it.

Blog Entries

First session of gym tonight. Quite looking forward to it.

4th day - no fags for me or scarface. Very different feel about it this time. Not missing it at all now and actually releived its out of our lives. I think the shock of working out how much we actually spend on cigerettes has put the final nail in the smoking coffin.

One thing i have noticed and considerably, is the return of my sense of smell. I can smell things i have not smelt in a long time. It just shows ya what those horrid fags can do to ya. Simple things like smell are removed or reduced. I have developed a dry cough.. dont know why that is but am sure its something to do with not smoking. Absolutely no going back this time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zimbabwean View Post
    am really struggling with the reduced bread/pasta in take, and of coarse the lack of Booze. but am feeling better and the clothes dont feel so "shrunk" anymore so will stick with it.
    Keep up with it D..... its worth it.

Soda bread is a good alternative if ya craving bread with something and also, mini pitta breads are fantastic especially toasted with a nice low fat filling.

Me and the Bat are in, Rachel has lost 17.5lbs in the last month and I have lost a stone.

We are both hoping for another stone each before Skeggy.

You can never be too rich or too thin.

DTS XXX XXX

I really, really, really need a gym buddy!!!

I keep telling myself every day that I'll go to my old gym and cancel my membership and then join one nearer me tomorrow. The problem is, it's always another tomorrow.....

I was doing so well last year, with my personal trainer cracking the whip if I ever lost my motivation. Now I'm left on my own, I just can't find the motivation anywhere! Help!!

What I really want to do, is to start swimming 2-3 days a week, and start going back to the climbing wall every Friday. Now, where can I buy some willpower?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    I
    What I really want to do, is to start swimming 2-3 days a week, and start going back to the climbing wall every Friday. Now, where can I buy some willpower?

I find standing naked in front of a full size mirror and jumping up and down gives me all the willpower i need. I then bend over and try to touch my toes without fat man fold over appearing. Impossible currently. I joined the gym at the last bouncy moment in front of the mirror.

It was more fun watching Danny do it though. From the back, it looked like Nelly the Elephant on crack when he bent over. (think about it... think about it) xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I find standing naked in front of a full size mirror and jumping up and down gives me all the willpower i need. I then bend over and try to touch my toes without fat man fold over appearing. Impossible currently. I joined the gym at the last bouncy moment in front of the mirror.

It was more fun watching Danny do it though. From the back, it looked like Nelly the Elephant on crack when he bent over. (think about it... think about it) xxxx

Hello,

What are you trying to say T

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    Hello,

What are you trying to say T
    www.mysmiley.net/free-ashamed-smileys.php][/url]

the trunk baby... the trunk. xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in Notts View Post
    Started back at WW this morning, have put on 7lb since the last time I was there but no surprises considering what I have been eating over the last couple of months.
    WW?
    Watched Claire Sweeney on tv last night - as an experiment she stopped exercising regularly and ate whatever she liked and managed to pile on nearly 2 stone in 6 weeks.

Just back from Holidays and been eating like a pig last 6 months

So now at record weight 17st 4lb I felt much better when I lost that stone plus last year. GP says Im 3-5 stone over weight Look at that then will look at your knees legs etc, cheaky sod

So going to hover up all the xmas left over crap and start tomorrow

Or maybe Saturday after sisters 40th

I eat and dont dance much but got the Wii Fit now (that tells me Im obese and to get off you fat bastard ) , off for a game of tennis on me wii Fit

Ok here we go pips...Just weighed meself at 12 st 9 lbs. Started at 13st 12.5 lbs seven weeks ago. Really feeling the cold tho but me knees are getting better and better.

Target weight will be 11.5 stone, should be trim them pips.

DTS XXX XXX

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Watched Claire Sweeney on tv last night - as an experiment she stopped exercising regularly and ate whatever she liked and managed to pile on nearly 2 stone in 6 weeks. It was quite shocking to hear about the health risks associated with her rapid weight gain but it certainly gave me food for thought (pardon the pun).
    I'm really cross I missed this, everyone keeps telling me what a good programme it was and how good it was at demonstrating how quickly the weight can pile on, when you loose control. (although, I seemed to have demonstrated to myself, over the last 6 weeks ) Did anyone happen to tape it?

Personal update - Just as I suspected, my stomach muscles killed me so much yesterday, that I had to take the day off from the gym but I braved it and went back today. But straight after, I felt quite ill, a bit shaky, giddy and shivery. I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or that I've allowed myself to become a bit dehydrated, which can also cause all of the above.

I feel a lot better now, so I'm hoping and praying it wasn't the start of that dreaded flu bug, that everyone's got
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Ok here we go pips...Just weighed meself at 12 st 9 lbs. Started at 13st 12.5 lbs seven weeks ago. Really feeling the cold tho but me knees are getting better and better.
    Maybe we should have an online weigh-in, say, every Monday or whatever? I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    WW?
    WW = Weight Watchers.

Following on from Lory's experiences at the gym. I fell asleep in the middle of my evening class last night and went to bed with a splitting headache - all this after only one day of sensible eating doesn't bode well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I'm really cross I missed this, everyone keeps telling me what a good programme it was and how good it was at demonstrating how quickly the weight can pile on, when you loose control. (although, I seemed to have demonstrated to myself, over the last 6 weeks ) Did anyone happen to tape it?
    Hi Lory,
    Either of these two links should work but you only have 28 days to watch it in.

http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/

http://video.stv.tv/bc/Catch-Up/catc...eysbigfatdiet/

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Following on from Lory's experiences at the gym. I fell asleep in the middle of my evening class last night and went to bed with a splitting headache - all this after only one day of sensible eating doesn't bode well.....
    Maybe your dehydrated too...

I think its important to realise, for the first few days of a new diet, we appear to loose lots of weight but in reality, its really our bodies releasing the excess fluid......to put it bluntly we wee more, during the first few days.

We should take great care to drink 'more' than usual, to replace this or you end up with all sorts of horrible symptoms... such as headaches, feeling cold, getting giddy and shaky

Stupid me, did the complete opposite this morning I got up late and rushed to the class, without even having a cup of tea!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Maybe we should have an online weigh-in, say, every Monday or whatever? I'm game.
    I'm up for that and for those who dont want to put their weght, how much has been Lost or Gained Ok My starting weight 23.6 stone goal is 18.5 - 19.0 so will continue with Less of this and more of this

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Maybe your dehydrated too...you end up with all sorts of horrible symptoms... such as headaches, feeling cold, getting giddy and shaky .....
    I think that is exactly what happened, have made a big effort to drink more water today so hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice. (pints of h2o rather than beer of course!!)

Thread Information