Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, there's no more excuses, Christmas is over and its a new year and as always, its a good time to start afresh and set goals etc.

Obviously they have to be realistic, as there's nothing worse than failing at the first hurdle, which can knock you down and put you off completely.

On the whole I was pretty good last year BUT over the past 6 weeks I'll admit, I gradually started to loose it and over the last two weeks, I've been like a woman possessed eating everything and anything and hardly doing any exercise at all

But, in a way, I think its been good, as I've got it all out of my system now and have reached the stage of complete 'self loathing' , so I feel really ready to 'go for it' again

Anyone care to join me?

Its nice to have a little bit of support and to know one's not alone!

I'd like this thread to be used for anything from discussions on diet plans, recipes, pills, potions and exercise plans, to cries of help and a place where people can share they're successes of 2009, as the year progresses.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Re: Sign up HERE for 2009's diet and fitness club!

P.s. This isn't just for people wanting to loose weight, its for everyone wanting to improve their fitness levels and general health too
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    On the whole I was pretty good last year BUT over the past 6 weeks I'll admit, I gradually started to loose it and over the last two weeks, I've been like a woman possessed eating everything and anything and hardly doing any exercise at all

Ditto and

I have put a bit of weight on over the last 6 weeks also, doing as in the above. After doing well I am conscious that I want to keep on top of things and not get to the stage where all the weight I lost is going back on. It is really easy to do, and the saying ' a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips' does ring true, for me anyway.

Anyway I have made a start and have classed today as the first day in my sensible eating, little things like cutting down on the butter, not eating as much chocolate, cutting down on carb intake, [that has really done the job for me in the past ]and I have to say cutting down on the alcohol intake. It doesn't happen overnight, so it's important not to get too despondent when you don't reach your target after a couple of weeks. Still want to be curvy but perhaps keep more incheck with what food is better for you, and not forgetting the exercise. Since dancing more tango the fitness levels have dropped, but can't use that as an excuse so will do more of other stuff as well. I like walking and swimming so should make more of an effort to do those.

Good luck everyone.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

I'll join you Lory. My slacking has been the last 6 months, so now need to get back to healthy eating, and exercise on top of dancing.

Good luck to everyone who's aiming for something in 2009.

Started drawing up a diet and exercise plan last night so I am definitely up for sharing any tips. I managed to lose a stone with WW during the Autumn but I think it has gone back on with a vengeance over the last month or so.

I am aiming for a good weight loss over a sensible period of time and using more of my spare time to exercise. I find classes a lot more motivating than just the gym althouth my local gym is undergoing a huge refurbishment this month so that might be the incentive I need to get along there.

Now if I can just finish off the last of those kettle chips .......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Ditto and

Anyway I have made a start and have classed today as the first day in my sensible eating, little things like cutting down on the butter, not eating as much chocolate, cutting down on carb intake, [that has really done the job for me in the past ]and I have to say cutting down on the alcohol intake. It doesn't happen overnight, so it's important not to get too despondent when you don't reach your target after a couple of weeks. Still want to be curvy but perhaps keep more incheck with what food is better for you, and not forgetting the exercise.
    Great post and inspired by it I'd like to ask everyone....

What is your goal for the next 2 weeks

What is your long term goal

What changes do you plan to make

For example

• join a gym
    • go swimming
    • walking
    • cut out bread/butter/cheese/choc etc
    • eat more fresh fruit and veg
    • cut down on alcohol
    • join a slimming class
    • take vitamins
    • dance more
    • eat less take-aways
    • start a new hobby

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    I'll join you Lory.
    Great!

As for me, I know that keeping to a 'routine' is what helps me the most.

Doing 1 or 2 classes at the gym every morning is probably the one thing that made the biggest difference to me.

Also, planning what i'm going to eat and making a list 'before' I go shopping, instead of wandering round aimlessly and buying what I 'fancy' at the time, helps.

Only drinking on special occasions.

....... I've been like a woman possessed eating everything and anything..... and have reached the stage of complete 'self loathing'
    I love a woman with a healthy appetite so stop getting me all excited Lory! You looked totally "fit" the last time I saw you

im in....

i am starting to walk again on tuesday i do 4 miles a day for at least 3 days weeki have had a break from just b4 xmas till now but can tell the difference so i am starting again with or without the people i used to go with

i dont do dieting i dont believe in it just be care full with what you eat and not to much junk

but have a treat every now and again or you will just sit there and eat eat eat and eat more lol i know i have done it many of time

good luck to every one and i will update with any progress

happy new slimmer and healthier year to all

Commercial Operator

Reality check!

Let's not get too carried away with the whole diet and fitness thing. Of course it's great to be slim and fit. But how slim? And fit for what? This whole "I'm on a diet" thing seems to make people miserable about their shape and fitness levels - I'm reminded about a quote from Mariella Frostrup "I was told that Prozac was good for slimming - after two weeks I was quite happy with my weight".

My advice is to learn to love yourself. Find positive reasons to build yourself up as you are now rather than reasons to dislike your current shape or fitness. Of course there's nothing wrong with having a positive goal such as weight loss of improved fitness. But let's not make it a hate campaign against our current selves.

Speaking for myself, like Lory, I'm almost perfect already Unlike Lory, I've a few less than perfect parts, some bigger and some smaller than I'd like. Some of them will benefit from a little work and some of them I've accepted as being as big/small as they're ever going to get. And, don't forget, those parts could be bigger or smaller - I celebrate that they are not

I have put a bit of weight on over the last 6 weeks also, doing as in the above. After doing well I am conscious that I want to keep on top of things and not get to the stage where all the weight I lost is going back on. It is really easy to do, and the saying ' a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips' does ring true, for me anyway.
    Amazing how fast too.

My ball dress fit me a month ago, but not on NYE.

Have not been dancing much in December, and I definately start to gain weight without the dancing.

Must be to do with the metabolism.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sway View Post
    i dont do dieting i dont believe in it just be care full with what you eat and not to much junk
    well that is a diet, and a sensible one at that - its funny how "a diet" becomes a scary label for eating things you don't want to eat. Everyone HAS a diet, they just sometimes need to make it a better diet.

For me, I have recently felt some...er...tummy wobble...for the first time in my life - so I'll be sorting that out.

Good Health to everyone

I haven't actually been, but I admire the new Westfield Shopping Mall in London.

They refused to have any fast food joints there.

MacDonalds, Burger King, KFC et al, have been banned.

The smell from those places is enough to put me off eating there.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    For me, I have recently felt some...er...tummy wobble...for the first time in my life - so I'll be sorting that out.
    Wobbly moobs next!

Here's some food for thought:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7807848.stm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    My advice is to learn to love yourself. Find positive reasons to build yourself up as you are now rather than reasons to dislike your current shape or fitness. Of course there's nothing wrong with having a positive goal such as weight loss of improved fitness. But let's not make it a hate campaign against our current selves.
    Hmm, I 'sort of' agree, as I believe you have to 'like, respect and value' yourself enough in the first place to feel your 'worth' the effort.

But then again, I know I like myself most when I'm 'in control' and sticking to a plan (whatever that plan might be at the time) if I start slip, I don't like myself so much and then I think 'oh, sod it... what do I care anyway....
    and off I go on the self destruct road again

Speaking for myself, like Lory, I'm almost perfect already Unlike Lory, I've a few less than perfect parts
    Like your eyesight??

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Amazing how fast too.
    Tell me about it..

I'm hoping that my muscle memory will come to my rescue, after a couple of classes

.....not eating as much chocolate..... Still want to be curvy
    Too right Ruby darlin' - a sensible diet plan if ever I saw one.

Commercial Operator

Like your eyesight??
    My corrected vision is fine. And Lory looks lovely to me. I'm sure that there are many women who would love to have Lory's figure, hair, skin, legs, etc, etc. The worthy objective of their plan for 2009 could be "to look and dance like Lory".

........... I'm sure that there are many women who would love to have Lory's figure, hair, skin, legs, etc, etc. The worthy objective of their plan for 2009 could be "to look and dance like Lory".

(I can dream)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Amazing how fast too.

My ball dress fit me a month ago, but not on NYE.

Have not been dancing much in December, and I definately start to gain weight without the dancing.

Must be to do with the metabolism.
    the clothes not fitting is not good went to put on a Dress Shirt for a dinner and had to go buy new one that "fitted" as all the others had SHRUNK in the wash, well Lory I am definatley in the Club and need to be 4 stone lighter by June when My girls come visit, so less Booze, some walking (yuk) and less pasta and bread and more Fruit and Veg.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in.

My corrected vision is fine. And Lory looks lovely to me. I'm sure that there are many women who would love to have Lory's figure, hair, skin, legs, etc, etc. The worthy objective of their plan for 2009 could be "to look and dance like Lory".
    Lory always looks lovely, at any weight; but that's not the point.

The point is that she wants to achieve something, for its own sake, and she wants a support group; an informal online "weight-watchers" if you will.

These things have worked OK in the past, both for fitness and other areas - for example, the "Learning Tango" group was a great source of support for me when I started out.

So, I'm in.

Basically, this year I want to get down to a comfortable 32" waist, and to stay there.

Thread Information