Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jive addiction - skegness feb weekender

Re: Jive addiction - skegness feb weekender

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    given that there will be non-dancers on site too
    You mean we are going to have to mingle with the great unwashed muggles? Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    How will they be on large group management and crowd control, I wonder? Tango lessons at big weekenders are a scrum, more often than not.
    Not much you can do about the large groups really at weekenders, but I found it more useful to have a fixed partner for the tango lessons during Southport times. That way you can practise what you've just done whilst everyone is moving around.

Yes I was wondering about the Milonga's, and hoping we could have more time allocated to these, what about it Jon and Wes what's the plan? It would be really nice to have at least a couple of hours if not more please.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the same entry pass system as at previous JA weekenders will apply or if they will be forced to adopt wristbands given that there will be non-dancers on site too (and thus a need to control entry to the dance arenas)
    If it's down to a choice between wrist bands and carrying a pass, then I'd go for the wrist bands everytime.

I remember going to one of Franco's weekenders at a Butlins and we shared the camp with 'muggles'. So we were given passes... What a nightmare!

I think I forgot mine in the chalet at least 3 times and the chalets were miles away and then I kept loosing it in my bag or coat pocket and worst of all, because the dancing was held in different halls, we had to show our pass each time we wanted to quickly nip to the other hall. which is fine if you have pockets but how many girls have pockets?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    If it's down to a choice between wrist bands and carrying a pass, then I'd go for the wrist bands everytime.

I remember going to one of Franco's weekenders at a Butlins and we shared the camp with 'muggles'. So we were given passes... What a nightmare!

I think I forgot mine in the chalet at least 3 times and the chalets were miles away and then I kept loosing it in my bag or coat pocket and worst of all, because the dancing was held in different halls, we had to show our pass each time we wanted to quickly nip to the other hall. which is fine if you have pockets but how many girls have pockets?
    All has been considered. Gender specific passes will be issued with info packs. The passes will admit you to the site and you will be directed to check-in reception, where you collect your keys and will be issued with gender specific wristbands enabling you to gain entry into the dance venues. Security will be on the door of each dance venue.

If you leave the site for any reason please ensure you obtain the correct gender pass from security as this is your means of being readmitted to the site. The wristband alone will not suffice in this respect, but as always with JA, common sense will prevail.

On the travel front, I did the journey from Newark to Butlins today and despite the heavy snowfall we had overnight [5 inches], it took me 1 hour. And yes, I obeyed the speed limits too.

Info packs mailed out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by johnah View Post
    Gender specific passes will be issued with info packs. The passes will admit you to the site
    This could be a bit trickier than Southport if you don't have your pass ahead of time (which is the case for quite a few people I'd guess if you are in a geographicallly diverse group) I don't know if Butlins has a holding area where people can wait but the main entrance is on a busy road unlike Pontins at SP where you could just park up and wait. People who think they will be in this situation might want to organise a location to meet up with their ticket holder ahead of time.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

This could be a bit trickier than Southport if you don't have your pass ahead of time (which is the case for quite a few people I'd guess if you are in a geographicallly diverse group) I don't know if Butlins has a holding area where people can wait but the main entrance is on a busy road unlike Pontins at SP where you could just park up and wait. People who think they will be in this situation might want to organise a location to meet up with their ticket holder ahead of time.
    Doh, I'd forgotten someone else had booked for me so I need to get the pass from them! They are in Bristol! Hope the postman isn't walking too slow in this snow!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    have a bigggg

i'v sorted the ticket i'm going to miss you so much hun i'll have to find some one else to cling to

thanks babe i really need a break at the moment but o well will have to wait

im sure u will have a wicked time and i know we will make up for it at the next one lol

Tickets came through

I assume we can check in up to midnight

The who's going bit not here, I did read somewhere thats no longer allowed, any link to that ?. Paybe too many paying customers on this site going

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    Hmmmm, I can't find a vomit smiley although I suppose it was to be expected as it is Valentine's Day that weekend.
    I just wondered if your in love how about you hold your partners hand and skip on to the dance floor

Maybe the singles can provide a archway and throw petals at you as you make a grand entrance.

Talking Re: Jive addiction - skegness feb weekender

WoooHOooooo (ahem....)

Only two more sleeps then with any luck only one speeding ticket... and i'll be there!

Though Friday Wuzzle will be sponcered by redbull as its a 10 hour drive so might be a little bit spaced by the evening....

Still bouncing about at work.... roll on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Tickets came through

I assume we can check in up to midnight

The who's going bit not here, I did read somewhere thats no longer allowed, any link to that ?. Paybe too many paying customers on this site going
    This is the only poll I can think of that incorporates Skeg

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17154

Or you could check out the whos going where thread for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    This is the only poll I can think of that incorporates Skeg

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17154

Thanks I apologies to all thats there

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    You mean we are going to have to mingle with the great unwashed muggles? Charming.
    Friends of ours will be there with their 2 kids - complete coincidence. They have no interest whatsoever in dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Friends of ours will be there with their 2 kids - complete coincidence. They have no interest whatsoever in dance.
    I think if I was going there for a normal holiday and I couldn't access half of the camp because it's reserved for dancers, I'd be pretty hacked off.

I must confess...I'm going to this weekender out of curiosity more than anything else. My expectations are high, it is organised by Jive addiction after all, but I do wonder how it will work with the muggles. Can't wait to see the aftermath thread.

I do wonder how it will work with the muggles. Can't wait to see the aftermath thread.
    Blaze II and III (didn't do Blaze I) were not adversely affected by being on a mixed site. It may have lead to early finish times for the dancing but that may equally just have been inflexibility from Haven, the camp owners.

I think if I was going there for a normal holiday and I couldn't access half of the camp because it's reserved for dancers, I'd be pretty hacked off..
    I was wondering if we had our own group of chalets, or if we are mixed in with the muggles?

Blog Entries

Blaze II and III (didn't do Blaze I) were not adversely affected by being on a mixed site. It may have lead to early finish times for the dancing but that may equally just have been inflexibility from Haven, the camp owners.
    Blaze worked well i thought. In actual fact, other people being there didn't really make any difference what so ever aside from the odd **** head screaming its head off at stupid hours but then i went to bed. Hee Hee

There's no mention of a forum gathering in the brochure this time.

Also Saturday night dress is a theme, not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    There's no mention of a forum gathering in the brochure this time.
    We all hate each other anyway, so what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Also Saturday night dress is a theme, not a competition.

Oh what a shame, I'd put so much effort into my costume too.

Thread Information