Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Eye Surgery - Experiences please?

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Experiences please?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    My ex-girlfriend had it done a few years back when we were still together and I stood and watched the whole thing from just over her shoulder. It was fascinating! I was amazed at how quickly the whole procedure was carried out and, other than dry eyes for a while, while the cornea repaired itself, she had no side effects. It really did change her life! Obviously every person is different and you need to take specialst advice, but I wouldn't be put off by scare stories. Hell, if we listened to the people who moan about how much they hated modern jive, where would we be!?
    I hope that was not the cause of you splitting.

There is not one person on here, who has had it done, who has a bad word to say about it. The only posts against it are people WHO HAVE NOT HAD IT.

It works I talk from experience....have it done, it will transform your life.

DTS XXX XXX

Personally the whole eye meets laser, has a few drinks, gets down to a little cooking scenario freaks me out.

I would need to be out cold. It takes an inordinate amount of self control just to let the puffer machine do it's job. How I would let a machine blast a laser at my eyes beats me.

Just thinking about it I can hear Goldfinger saying - I expect you to die Mr Trousers.

No!
    Not ever!
    Not ever ever ever ever!

Never ever ever!

Ever!

Yuck! with a capital F!

And this is from someone who's arms have now reached the limit of restuarant menu readability and once I have managed to order food I can't sit far enough away from it to actually focus on it and still cut it up.

Trousers you big pussy there is nothing to having your eyes lasered.

I had a flap cut in my retina, like a can being opened, and the laser under the flap. Flap replaced and on to the next eye.

Smelling your eye burning was quite strange, all over in mins, eyesight like a Japanese sniper in no time at all.

DTS XXX XXX

Ah the smell of your own flesh burning in the morning!

hmmm

Had that when I had the old snipperoony.
    That was a laser job too.
    For some reason I had simply accepted the presence of razor sharp implements in the region of my second favourite organ as normal. The moment they actually got around to telling me they used lasers I was ready to disappear through the fire exit foregoing the £400. It was literally the comment about the slight smell of burning flesh that was almost the last straw. The assistant that was in the room must have seen my discomfort because she diligently refused to come away from the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Personally the whole eye meets laser, has a few drinks, gets down to a little cooking scenario freaks me out.

Just thinking about it I can hear Goldfinger saying - I expect you to die Mr Trousers.

And this is from someone who's arms have now reached the limit of restuarant menu readability and once I have managed to order food I can't sit far enough away from it to actually focus on it and still cut it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Ah the smell of your own flesh burning in the morning!

hmmm

Had that when I had the old snipperoony.
    That was a laser job too.
    For some reason I had simply accepted the presence of razor sharp implements in the region of my second favourite organ as normal. The moment they actually got around to telling me they used lasers I was ready to disappear through the fire exit foregoing the £400. It was literally the comment about the slight smell of burning flesh that was almost the last straw. The assistant that was in the room must have seen my discomfort because she diligently refused to come away from the door.

Well - if it is the smell of burning flesh - I guess you could get a clothes peg or something..............

I had this done about 11 years ago and it's been great. One eye is still perfect and the other has deteriorated v slightly, but I only notice cos I've been used to perfect vision for so long! (I now wear glasses when I'm really tired for night driving).

I had PRK which was the only option available at the time. You had to have one eye done at a time then as it took quite some time for the vision to clear and then for the eye to settle. Over-cautious me waited 7 months rather than 3 before having the second eye done.

With the new techniques the vision is clear straight away so they can zap both at once - but I'd still do one at a time.

My lasting memory is the smell. I was told "don't worry about the smell, it's just the laser" but I studied lasers at uni and at no point did anyone mention that they smell like burning flesh - it was my eyeball!!!

Good luck whatever you decide

Thread Information