Thread: Eclipse booking question

Eclipse booking question

I've not been on a JA weekender before, but sent off my booking form with deposit etc 3-4 weeks ago for the June event. I've not heard anything back confirming the booking and cheque hasn't been cashed...please can someone tell me what I should receive in confirmation.

(I have tried emailing and leaving voicemail messages as I don't want to miss out on going due to our booking being lost in the post, but haven't heard anything back).

Seems like a bit of a poor booking system compared to ceroc weekenders which are all nicely online, dead easy to sort out, and there's immediate confirmation. Bring on the day when everything can be booked online in the same way.

Re: Eclipse booking question

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    I've not been on a JA weekender before, but sent off my booking form with deposit etc 3-4 weeks ago for the June event. I've not heard anything back confirming the booking and cheque hasn't been cashed...please can someone tell me what I should receive in confirmation.

(I have tried emailing and leaving voicemail messages as I don't want to miss out on going due to our booking being lost in the post, but haven't heard anything back).
    If you haven't used it directly, it might be better using the online form, than emailing directly (less chance of email not getting though).

Seems like a bit of a poor booking system compared to ceroc weekenders which are all nicely online, dead easy to sort out, and there's immediate confirmation. Bring on the day when everything can be booked online in the same way.
    Ceroc's booking system is certainly one of their good points.

It can be quite an effort to develop a system, and make it sufficiently robust though, and it might be better the time is spent on the weekender itself, especially with the change in location.

In a way I'm surprised though that uk-jive or similar haven't found it worthwhile to develop/customise an online booking system for non Ceroc Modern Jive organisers.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    If you haven't used it directly, it might be better using the online form, than emailing directly (less chance of email not getting though).

Ceroc's booking system is certainly one of their good points.

It can be quite an effort to develop a system, and make it sufficiently robust though, and it might be better the time is spent on the weekender itself, especially with the change in location.

In a way I'm surprised though that uk-jive or similar haven't found it worthwhile to develop/customise an online booking system for non Ceroc Modern Jive organisers.
    An online booking system is pretty easy to set up as you could just use a third party system to do it all for you.

Of them all, Paypal is prob the easiest to set up but there is a fee for every transaction, but you dont have to worry about setting up a secure server, merchant account with a bank etc etc.

I sent off a booking form with a deposit cheque for the June date more or less straight after the event was announced......I only got confirmation that it was all was okay etc., about three weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    I sent off a booking form with a deposit cheque for the June date more or less straight after the event was announced......I only got confirmation that it was all was okay etc., about three weeks ago
    That's a bit more reassuring. Annoying that my cheque's not cleared though - that at least would reassure me that they'd received it.

[quote=frodo;523172]If you haven't used it directly, it might be better using the online form, than emailing directly (less chance of email not getting though).

quote]

Thanks - have now tried this, so hopefully will hear something back (I'm prob going to get a bad reputation for hassling, but I think it's a bit off when booking gets full so quickly.

That's a bit more reassuring. Annoying that my cheque's not cleared though - that at least would reassure me that they'd received it.

I think you may not have had your cheque cleared or emails answered (not even a holding email?) as they have had there La Palma week and looking at the forum Wes at least has been in Malta.

Whenever I book I never get confirmation of booking and wait fingers crossed that I get my info pack about a week before the event.

Whenever I phone up John I always get him unless he is on a jaunt and you can normally tell that by checking what holidays they have going.

I agree with you their admin system is absolutely rubbish but their weekenders are great and it is the great weekender I want at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    I think you may not have had your cheque cleared or emails answered (not even a holding email?) as they have had there La Palma week and looking at the forum Wes at least has been in Malta.

Whenever I book I never get confirmation of booking and wait fingers crossed that I get my info pack about a week before the event.

Whenever I phone up John I always get him unless he is on a jaunt and you can normally tell that by checking what holidays they have going.

I agree with you their admin system is absolutely rubbish but their weekenders are great and it is the great weekender I want at the end of the day.
    Ceroc are happy to take ALL your money a year ahead but as indicated the alternative is hardly satisfactory

More bar raising required on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Ceroc are happy to take ALL your money a year ahead but as indicated the alternative is hardly satisfactory

More bar raising required on both sides
    Personally I prefer paying it all up front as then I know it's all paid for, but different things suit different people.

Thread Information