Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daventry free-style 27 December

Re: Daventry free-style 27 December

Oh go on, you know you want to really! It sounds like there will be enough for a party - you don't want to miss 6 hours of Marc and Rachel's music, plus the motorway should be really quiet and I don't think fog is forecast. Really hope you decide to go for it - even more last minute than me.

Cool Re: Daventry free-style 27 December

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Oooooh, I'm all of a quiver.
    Always posing as you huh! Tell me Di, have you ever come home earlier than planned only to find him looking a bit sheepish, your chest of drawers slightly messed up and the knees of your tights suddenly seem to have gone a little baggy

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Always posing as you huh! Tell me Di, have you ever come home earlier than planned only to find him looking a bit sheepish, your chest of drawers slightly messed up and the knees of your tights suddenly seem to have gone a little baggy
    Well you will have to come tonight to see what he is wearing ! I think he got over excited by DTS's comments!

Been ages since seen you TwirlieBird and StokeBloke.. come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Well you will have to come tonight to see what he is wearing ! I think he got over excited by DTS's comments!
    Doesn't look like we'll be able to make it tonight after all, we haven't been able to get child care sorted

Why not just enlarge your party?

Shame if you cannot be there - you will both be really missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Why not just enlarge your party?
    Because Daventry is already £946* per person to get in

*Slight exaggeration on the astronomically high entry fee

Storming Night at Daventry!!!

The title said it all pips...Blinding night me and the Bat had.

Excelent dances, although I was told off for singing whilst dancing.

Finally got to dance with the elusive robd, marvellous it was. Music was brilliant all night in both rooms.

Not a bad thing to say about the night, everyone seemed to be giving it large and enjoying themselves.

Banging night all round. Best improved dancers.....Must go to Easily Lead and Lost Leader, you two are improving in leaps and bounds, so stop fannnying about and accept you are both good dancers and get stuck in there guys.

I was that magnificent that my knees are shot to bits this morning.
    The Bat looked great with her weight loss and her new hair do, so many people did not recognise her.

Only bad bit of the whole night was the lack of Fletch, just does not seem right without Fletch bringing glamour to the evening.

DTS XXX XXX
    Last edited by dave the scaffolder; 28th-December-2008 at 02:01 PM.

The Daventry Christmas free-style last night was fantastic. Yes, this was for me was without doubt the best ever festive Daventry. The the first thing to say therefore is hats off to Emma and everyone else involved in the planning, managing and staging of this event. All the niggles I have had about past year's events were addressed.

So what was so good then?

- Free champagne bar, yes really. Forget about the times when you were offered a drop of bubbly in a plastic cup. This was the real deal. The cafe area in the foyer was brilliantly used to create a mingling, nibbling and slurping area (or was that the blues room ). Bubbly in proper champagne flutes with nibbles and nothing to stop you having more than one glass - brilliant .

- The main room has never looked better. The trade mark Ceroc stars were deployed to very good effect and there was a screen showing clips from old black and white movies in keeping with the theme.

- No class (at least not that I was aware of)

- Really good cabaret. I didn't actually see it (being "busy" in the blues room) but others said it was really good. Emma and Alex were reunited, Phil and Yuko also featured plus another couple of "big name dancers". I will let those who saw it fill in the details.

- Not just one, not even two but three bars ( counting the hatch in the main room) selling drinks and water at normal prices so no hint of Christmas exploitation this time. The bar in the blues room stayed open until 1:00 am

- Contrary to expectations there was a very good attendance, including a veritable cornucopia of fabulous dancers and as a consequence.....

- ....the dancing was sublime, especially in the blues room. This was the closest thing to Southport since .....er, Southport.

- The music, Marc and Rachel were once again the bees knees and delivered hour after hour of fabulous tracks

I had simply a stupendous night of dancing topped off by a fantastic dance with Maja - a true goddess of the dance floor Huge number of forumites there including several I rarely get to dance with. Had really good dances with just about everyone - it was just one of those nights. Thank-you one and all.

If future Daventry Christmas events keep up the same standard I certainly wont be prevaricating about whether or not to go and leaving it to the very last minute - on the contrary it will be an event that simply cannot be missed.

Re: Storming Night at Daventry!!!

See my comments on the Daventry thread.

Pherhaps one of you lovely gorgeous mods could move this thread to the other Daventry thread.

keeps it all neat and tidy.....Theres lovely.

DTS XXX XXX

I have to agree with both DTS and LL comments. Having been to all the Daventry Christmas Freestyles since 2005 this was certainly the most well organised and probably the best cabaret - fantastic to see Emma and Alex re-united. The "Champagne Bar" was a highlight and I love the inflatable Ceroc stars. Well done to everyone - especially the DJs!

My only issue is that in a non gender balanced event I have to do lots of asking which I still often find really difficult. So huge thanks to everyone who kindly asked me when there were so many dance godesses around. Like DTS I had my first ever dance with RobD and it was very smooth but apologies if I looked a bit scared . Thanks also to DTS for dance and encouragement; Gerry who can talk and dance at the same time; the fabulous leather kilted Scotsman who never fails to thrill (CJ) and is so generous; Mr. Darcy who was so busy I feared I would miss out altogether; and Steven 666 for never saying no !

If I had been feeling more on form myself this would have been an outstanding night for me too.

P.S. I liked Batgirl's new hair too and the very sparklly Caz!

Had a fantastic night - absolutely shattered today - but well worth it!

Great to see Sway again - looking fabulous!

Far too tired to post more but thanks to all for the lovely dances.

Thanks to DTS ( who was on particularly good form).

Rachel
    xxx

AYL

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    The Bat looked great with her weight loss and her new hair do, so many people did not recognise her.

Only bad bit of the whole night was the lack of Fletch, just does not seem right without Fletch bringing glamour to the evening.

DTS XXX XXX
    Batgirl u did look amazing.. i am soo sorry that i walked straight past you more than once until jinski pointed out that it was you

Fletch you are missed... hope to see you around soon

I had a mixed night.. seemed to lose my mojo and confidence last night .... some great dances but unfortunately my following was very off last night... hoping to find my mojo today at wetherby but still feeling strangely unconfident.... so much so that i didn't dare ask some of my fave dancers to dance... ho hum....

on a postive note, it was fab to see everyone after christmas... it seemed like such a long week since twisted

Where is Fletch ? I too missed her last night.

Dear helpful, friendly moderators,

Please could you move my post above into the thread started by DTS ("storming night at Daventry") and remove the duplicate post.

Thanks.

Dear helpful, friendly moderators,

Please could you move my post above into the thread started by DTS ("storming night at Daventry") and remove the duplicate post.

Thanks.
    Thank goodness for that!!!!!

I thought I was seeing double.

DTS XXX XXX

I had a great night at Daventry, first time I'd been for 18 months or so and well worth the journey (though the 5 a.m. bedtime is a bit of a killer)

Am gutted that I completely forgot about the promised champagne and went straight from arrival into the Blues room where I stayed for the majority of the night. Lovely, fast floor and 5 hours (I arrived around 10 o clock) of superb music together with some excellent dances meant that the finish time arrived all too soon. Kudos to DTS, he anticipated far less than most men that I have led.

I need to put a bit of spark back into my MJ though. It's been so long since I did any classes that I am coasting by on memory and a weird bastardisation of WCS patterns into MJ timing. It's not bad but neither (for me) is it entirely satisfactory.

One other slight problem for me arriving a little later is that one of the Council car parks that we used to use for dav events has now been built over by a multi storey which wasn't yet open meaning that parking was harder to find than I remembered it.

This was the closest thing to Southport since .....er, Southport.
    Nothing like it. Good, but for me it doesn't have the same atmosphere that the blues room at Southport had. Sunday evening at the Engine Shed was much closer to the genuine experience (or maybe even better)

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I need to put a bit of spark back into my MJ though. It's been so long since I did any classes that I am coasting by on memory and a weird bastardisation of WCS patterns into MJ timing. It's not bad but neither (for me) is it entirely satisfactory.
    It looked (annoyingly) good from where I was...

Thread Information