Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-factor 2008

Re: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2008

How strange that this thread only started after the final ended and as an offshoot of the SCD thread.

Really enjoyed the final - cried even more than Alexandra throughout the programme (almost bawled at the sacrilege of the X Factor winner recording a version of "Hallelulah") but actually thought she made a good job of it.

Had to leave a message under her pillow for my 4 year old to say who had won.

Never quite got over Laura being voted off to be honest. Just need to keep reminding myself that it is only a tv programme ......

Re: X-factor 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    yes, apart from big band week, i thought she was very good then - its the only genre she was good at singing (and even then rather then just finish at the end of the song , she had to add an extra screech for some reason)

I think they had it right. I was more worried about the judges opinions of other people like eoghan and jls for example - now thats what you call overrated.

She was just as good a performer and singer doing Britneys "Toxic" and Christinas "Candyman" as well as the "big" songs. Nope - not overrated at all.

winning shows ? what do you mean? I agree Eoghan was weak. I do think he got better though (by the end he was even bearable) ) but he didn't deserve to be in a final , considering the better talent that was in the competition.

Speaking of x-factor - anyone heard Leons new big band song? its very good indeed.
    Sorry I meant Eoghan got the highest number of votes for six of the ten finals shows compared to Alexandra's two.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 17th-December-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    She sang every single song our of tune. Everyone (apart from you, obviously) saw through her "What I lack in talent, I'll make up for in volume" routine. It's just noise.

Not to mention, that she said at every opportunity in front of the camera "I'm doing this for my kids". She gave three of them up to social services years ago. What a load of old pony.

it's only my opinion, i think she has a good voice.
    you may have preferred others, that's your taste.
    i admit i did'nt watch much of it, when i did i was'nt interested in sob stories & bull.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by locoman View Post
    i thought rachel hilton had an amazing voice. i thought she sang or was given the wrongs songs to sing.
    In actual fact, I believe the she had quite a few arguments with Danni Minogue over her song choices and I think your right, 'she herself' chose the wrong songs!

The only song I really enjoyed was 'Feeling good' on big band week (as DS said) and that was the week when she left it up to Danni!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Sorry I meant Eoghan got the highest number of votes for six of the ten finals shows compared to Alexandra's two.
    where do you get this information ? I'd like to see who "won" which shows.

Re: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in Notts View Post
    How strange that this thread only started after the final ended and as an offshoot of the SCD thread.
    I did think about starting one when the live shows started, but thought no one would be interested as SCD was on the other side. I lost interest in SCD weeks ago when John was squeezed out, only looking in occasionally to have a perv up at Austin.

I wished I'd started one now. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    The only song I really enjoyed was 'Feeling good' on big band week (as DS said) and that was the week when she left it up to Danni!
    Yeah, that was really good, although still a bit shouty and pitchy in places.

Blog Entries

I wanted JLS to win. I thought the winner was average and nothing special. Just another singer with an ok voice and TBH Leona wipes the floor with her in comparison and has a fantastic voice.

I do think this is so fixed now though. Take the finale. JLS and eoghhann (whatever his name was) sang with two irish bloody boy bands and Alex sang with Beyonce, one of the biggest names of the moment. That was so one sided. Simon was talking like the woman was the best thing since sliced bread on the night and was sooooooo biased, it was embarassing.

Standards were nowhere near as good as they have been in the past when they have produced the likes of Will, Leona etc.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I wanted JLS to win. I thought the winner was average and nothing special.
    As opposed to JLS who actually suck

I do think this is so fixed now though.
    Really? Arguably the best male and female singers went out early on - Laura and Austin. I take that as clear evidence it is not fixed.

Take the finale. JLS and eoghhann (whatever his name was) sang with two irish bloody boy
    er...famous bloody boy bands - and JLS are a bloody boy band too. Although, you may have a point as JLS have become a lead singer with some dodgy backing vocalists rather than a proper boy band. Look at Westlife, more than one of them sang a solo, did you notice that ?

Simon was talking like the woman was the best thing since sliced bread on the night and was sooooooo biased, it was embarassing.
    Well, you know, she was the best thing since sliced bread on the night .

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    where do you get this information ? I'd like to see who "won" which shows.

I think Holly Willoughby mentioned this on the Xtra Factor Results show after the main show, but they didn't say which of the shows Eoghan won (apparently Diana "won" one of the shows). I know I sound like an X Factor geek but I stayed in that night.

Blog Entries

Stupid question.... But when it came down to the last 2 each week, why did Dermot again say "in no particular order, one of you will go out and one of you will stay"?

I could understand it when there were more than two but when it came down to the last two It never made sense to me
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Stupid question.... But when it came down to the last 2 each week, why did Dermot again say "in no particular order, one of you will go out and one of you will stay"?

I could understand it when there were more than two but when it came down to the last two It never made sense to me
    Because he's a cliché repeating/shouting muppet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Ahh that explains it then

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    succinct and accurate as usual

I wanted JLS to win. I thought the winner was average and nothing special. Just another singer with an ok voice and TBH Leona wipes the floor with her in comparison and has a fantastic voice.

I do think this is so fixed now though. Take the finale. JLS and eoghhann (whatever his name was) sang with two irish bloody boy bands and Alex sang with Beyonce, one of the biggest names of the moment. That was so one sided. Simon was talking like the woman was the best thing since sliced bread on the night and was sooooooo biased, it was embarassing.

Standards were nowhere near as good as they have been in the past when they have produced the likes of Will, Leona etc.

Its just these judges have a few weeks memory when it comes to their superlatives, guess it makes for better tv. But it just turned me against her, she was okay. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course but for me, here Alex's verse is breathy, broken and not nearly dynamic enough at the big moments. Leona's is so much better in every way, dare I say almost as good as Mariah.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Will won Pop Idol not X factor.
    IMO he's without doubt the best artist to emerge from any of these shows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Will won Pop Idol not X factor.
    IMO he's without doubt the best artist to emerge from any of these shows though.
    There's a thought: who is your favourite act from a TV talent show?

I think my favourite would be Girls Aloud then Will Young then Lemar (who finished 3rd in his contest!) Not forgetting Geraldine McQueen of course

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Gareth Gates

who is your favourite act from a TV talent show?
    Ruben Stubbard - American Idol winner from about 4 years ago. Like Luther Vandross but fatter...and, err, alive.

I think my favourite would be Girls Aloud then Will Young then Lemar (who finished 3rd in his contest!) Not forgetting Geraldine McQueen of course
    In no particular order I think Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, Will Young, Girls Aloud and Jordin Sparks are some of the best acts to emerge from talent shows

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    In no particular order I think Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, Will Young, Girls Aloud and Jordin Sparks are some of the best acts to emerge from talent shows
    Which says it all really.

Oh, and the voting figures for X-factor have been released:
    http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story...tem_100567.htm

Thread Information