Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-factor 2008

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking X-factor 2008

Moved from the SCD thread - David

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Also, speaking of the x-factor. That has to be the most clear cut final i've seen in any competition EVER... Alexandria
    OMG, I got goosebumps, from some of her performances, she was amazing!

But if I hear the phrase, "to win this, would literally mean the world to me" one more time, I swear I'll scream!

I think they should count how many times its been said on SCD and X factor over the past series and I bet its over a 100!
    Last edited by David Bailey; 16th-December-2008 at 10:46 AM.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Re: Strictly Come Dancing (SCD) 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    OMG, I got goosebumps, from some of her performances, she was amazing!
    I wanted her to win right from the start - great voice and the duet she did with Beyonce was the dogs wotsits.

Then she went and spoilt it all by doing the most over hammed drama queen act when she won, that I turned the telly over immediately. "Oh my God, I'm going to faint".

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    Am I the ONLY person left in the country who doesn't watch The X Factor - (in fact, avoids it like the plague)?

Seriously, everyone keeps banging on about it - (it seems, this year more than ever) - to the extent that I'm aware of quite a few of the major players in this year's drama, despite never watching.

Also, am I alone in thinking Leona Lewis is massively overrated and dull?

But to get back to the thread - yay, three person final! I'm looking forward to it.
    That makes 2 of us.

Moderators PLEASE PLEASE take out X-factor stuff and put in a separate thread! The thread is gradually becoming 'spoiled' like someone has been violently sick over it.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

mods - can we remove the whiny anti-x-factor posts please ?

mods - can we remove the whiny anti-x-factor posts please ?

And ditto with the superfluous requests to remove the anti x-factor posts please.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Juju;521957]Am I the ONLY person left in the country who doesn't watch The X Factor - (in fact, avoids it like the plague)?

Seriously, everyone keeps banging on about it - (it seems, this year more than ever) - to the extent that I'm aware of quite a few of the major players in this year's drama, despite never watching.

Also, am I alone in thinking Leona Lewis is massively overrated and dull?

QUOTE]

YES YOU ARE.
    Alexandra was always going to win it but she was a little bit OTT with the drama queen stuff.
    Actually I feel the same about SCD as you do about X Factor.Watching male professional dancers doing ballroom jive makes me puke.

Juju

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Actually I feel the same about SCD as you do about X Factor.Watching male professional dancers doing ballroom jive makes me puke.
    I'm puzzled as to why you're posting this on the SCD thread and not the X factor thread. (We got one yet?)

That said, the jive tends not to do the fellers many favours.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juju View Post
    I'm puzzled as to why you're posting this on the SCD thread and not the X factor thread. (We got one yet?)
    Yes we have, this is it? Why are you posting questions about an xfactor thread in an xfactor thread ?

Re: X-factor 2008

Alexandra was so overrated, and for a singer of that style average at best. Do we really need another who's nowhere near as good as similar artists like Leona Lewis and Beyonce (who FWIW performed her off the stage in every department) At least Diana and some of the others looked like they might bring something a little bit different, just a shame that ultimately they were so bad!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Alexandra was so overrated, and for a singer of that style average at best.
    overrated by whom? She was the best and most versatile singer in the competition and easily won. She handled every style thrown at her very well i thought. What style exactly is "that style" that she is average at?

(who FWIW performed her off the stage in every department)
    Well I didnt think so, she was great even despite her excessive tears

At least Diana and some of the others looked like they might bring something a little bit different, just a shame that ultimately they were so bad!
    Which others ? and it "looked like" they might "bring something" but they "were so bad" ? what the hell are you talking about ? was it their hairstyles that made you think they'd be great then ?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alexandra was so overrated, and for a singer of that style average at best. Do we really need another who's nowhere near as good as similar artists like Leona Lewis and Beyonce (who FWIW performed her off the stage in every department) At least Diana and some of the others looked like they might bring something a little bit different, just a shame that ultimately they were so bad!
    Sorry, but I completely disagree with every word you've written
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

At least Diana looked like they might bring something a little bit different
    I had to switch the telly off when she came on. I couldn't stand her singing voice and it was even worse when she started talking. Burn her! Burn the witch!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    I had to switch the telly off when she came on. I couldn't stand her singing voice and it was even worse when she started talking. Burn her! Burn the witch!
    - Talentless spoiled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveLad View Post
    That makes 2 of us.
    Actually, make that 3.

did'nt watch much of it, but i thought rachel hilton had an amazing voice. i thought she sang or was given the wrongs songs to sing. would love to hear her belt out a classic aretha franklin song, i found the rest of the acts to be bland.

Quote Originally Posted by locoman View Post
    i thought rachel hilton had an amazing voice. i thought she sang or was given the wrongs songs to sing. would love to hear her belt out a classic aretha franklin song.
    She sang every single song our of tune. Everyone (apart from you, obviously) saw through her "What I lack in talent, I'll make up for in volume" routine. It's just noise.

Not to mention, that she said at every opportunity in front of the camera "I'm doing this for my kids". She gave three of them up to social services years ago. What a load of old pony.

overrated by whom? She was the best and most versatile singer in the competition and easily won. She handled every style thrown at her very well i thought. What style exactly is "that style" that she is average at?
    Uh the judges. The style - the warbling powerhouse ballad where she had to find 6 notes for the end of every phrase; excuse me while I die of boredom. She was okay but not nearly as good as other artists known for that. I thought she was horrible out of that comfort zone but thats just me. I'm afraid I wanted something a bit more interesting than Leona Lite but the sad truth is, she was the best.

Which others ? and it "looked like" they might "bring something" but they "were so bad" ? what the hell are you talking about ? was it their hairstyles that made you think they'd be great then ?
    Well all of the last 4-5 for the reasons above. I thought the popularity contest would win over but eventually Eoghans weak voice was found out despite winning 4 more finals shows than Alexandra (kudos to Simon on trying to hide it under the backing singers for as long as possible) and I loved Diana for her look and unique voice for a few weeks but eventually that voice just made you want to

Juju

Yes we have, this is it? Why are you posting questions about an xfactor thread in an xfactor thread ?
    I been moved.

They say moving is up there with divorce and bereavement and I have to say, I feel traumatised.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    She sang every single song our of tune. Everyone (apart from you, obviously) saw through her "What I lack in talent, I'll make up for in volume" routine.
    yes, apart from big band week, i thought she was very good then - its the only genre she was good at singing (and even then rather then just finish at the end of the song , she had to add an extra screech for some reason)

Uh the judges.
    I think they had it right. I was more worried about the judges opinions of other people like eoghan and jls for example - now thats what you call overrated.

The style - the warbling powerhouse ballad where she had to find 6 notes for the end of every phrase; excuse me while I die of boredom. She was okay but not nearly as good as other artists known for that. I thought she was horrible out of that comfort zone but thats just me.
    She was just as good a performer and singer doing Britneys "Toxic" and Christinas "Candyman" as well as the "big" songs. Nope - not overrated at all.

I thought the popularity contest would win over but eventually Eoghans weak voice was found out despite winning 4 more finals shows than Alexandra
    winning shows ? what do you mean? I agree Eoghan was weak. I do think he got better though (by the end he was even bearable) ) but he didn't deserve to be in a final , considering the better talent that was in the competition.

Speaking of x-factor - anyone heard Leons new big band song? its very good indeed.

Thread Information