Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your fav Modern Jive youtube clips.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Your fav Modern Jive youtube clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    hmm not in my experience - 90% of the MJ on youtube is very poor, to say the least.
    So 10% or so of the youtube MJ clips out there are decent clips. As most of the Youtube dance clips thread is WCS and Tango, lets have a seperate thread for the Decent MJ clips that do sometimes pop up.

(not sure of the white socks but the clip is Australian )

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Your fav Modern Jive youtube clips.

i suggest we rate them out of 10 too

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

i suggest we rate them out of 10 too

Yeah i'd go with that, not compulsory though.

Don't like the idea of rating the clips at all. I can see this as a surefire way of the thread degenerating into lots of occasioanlly opinionated people squabbling about their particular 'rating'.

Do we really need a new thread just for MJ clips? I know the other thread is a bit WCS heavy but there is plenty of room for people to post MJ clips too. Besides, the MJ thread might simply end up looking like a very poor relation to the other thread very quickly since the reason it is very WCS heavy is that there doesn't seem to be that many quality MJ clips out there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    Don't like the idea of rating the clips at all. I can see this as a surefire way of the thread degenerating into lots of occasioanlly opinionated people squabbling about their particular 'rating'. ...
    I think that it being worth posting was accolade enough. A brief description of why it was posted should be sufficient,

Do we really need a new thread just for MJ clips? ...
    This forum is mostly a vehicle for transitory chit-chat, but it can also serve as a invaluable source of MJ reference material. I think a thread dedicated to MJ clips will be a superb asset for the future.

Do we really need a new thread just for MJ clips? I know the other thread is a bit WCS heavy but there is plenty of room for people to post MJ clips too. Besides, the MJ thread might simply end up looking like a very poor relation to the other thread very quickly since the reason it is very WCS heavy is that there doesn't seem to be that many quality MJ clips out there in the first place.
    I almost think that's the point of having a separate thread; it shows just how few good MJ clips there are out there.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

But there are some good ones so why not have them in one place reather than go searching through another thread for them?

Also it might inspire some people to film some dancing and bring the quality of the clips up a notch.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    But there are some good ones so why not have them in one place reather than go searching through another thread for them?

Also it might inspire some people to film some dancing and bring the quality of the clips up a notch.
    subject to peer review first of course

Hey, I'm not arguing... {gasps of astonishment from the crowd}.

Would be interesting to see how much of the "MJ problem" is crappy filming / uploading. I see a lot of clips of "good" MJ dancers where they don't actually seem to be connected to the beat. As I don't notice this anything like so much in real-life, I'm suspecting there is some kind of sync problem creeping in.

There are a superb couple who practise at my local venue, but there is just not enough light for the camera I have.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Lets start seeing them then.

One of Peter and Amy's Shocase routine with those tracksuites (I think it is an Aussie thing)

Thought I would post this one too for 3 reasons 1) It is at a muggles event with muggles dancing. 2) You should be able to recognise most of the dancers. 3) Spiky gets a poke in the eye.

I still like our very own jammie on YouTube

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I was watching a clp recently of an "MJ" showcase performance from an Aussie couple. I had to laugh to myself when I noticed it was a very similar copy to a WCS routine done by one of the U.S pro's

Will try and find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

Yeah that is one of the first clips I ever saw - and I still watch it - it is FAN-TAS-TIC - it has stood the test of time.........so fluid......

This has been a firm favourite with me since I first saw it about a year ago

Showcase with Jamie, Tom, Vicki and Alex

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

One of Peter and Amy's Shocase routine with those tracksuites (I think it is an Aussie thing)
    Must admit, i don't really like this much, its lots of moves thrown together. Nice moves some of them, but its all a bit...meh. Is it just me ?

Thought I would post this one too for 3 reasons
    and the second was way too dark a video, and some quit sedate dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post

I've always liked this one though, for a mess about session there's some great stuff in there

........might inspire some people to film some dancing and bring the quality of the clips up a notch.
    OK I'm warming to the idea of a thread focussing on MJ clips and then...

Must admit, i don't really like this much, its lots of moves thrown together. Nice moves some of them, but its all a bit...meh. Is it just me ?
    Not sure that this sort of response to a posting might inspire a chap to submit clips showing others that may be his friends only to have them labelled so dismissively. Possibly why some of the illuminati want to control what videos of them make YouTube.

Note to self - me sure to ask JA to ban video cameras from the Blues Room at Eclipse in February just in case!

So 10% or so of the youtube MJ clips out there are decent clips. As most of the Youtube dance clips thread is WCS and Tango, lets have a seperate thread for the Decent MJ clips that do sometimes pop up.

(not sure of the white socks but the clip is Australian )

I think it is good to have an MJ good clips thread.

Interesting that both clips you have featured, involve Aussie dancers...

I have heaps of wonderful dance clips from Aussie, but I do not have the knowledge to put it on youtube, and would first of course, have to ask permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Interesting that both clips you have featured, involve Aussie dancers...
    Also WCS and Salsa dancers of some accomplishment....

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Not sure that this sort of response to a posting might inspire a chap to submit clips showing others that may be his friends only to have them labelled so dismissively. Possibly why some of the illuminati want to control what videos of them make YouTube.
    Oh I'm sorry - I didn't realise my opinion was subject to Agent Secreto approval. I'm having lunch later, can you just tell me what Im having to save me upseting you again with what is bound to be the wrong choice...etc...more sarcasm...etc...

Seriously you can't expect others posts to inspire or not inspire your own choice of MJ video links you put here. If you are confident in your choice then post it - I know I will when i get round to looking for some

As for my opinion, I'm hardly dismissive - and for the 1st clip it doesnt help that i hate that track. In fact, so I can take on the CRH judging chair on this thread, to stop it becoming too sycophantic of course , ill even do my marks out of 10 .

For the 1st one - Peter and Amy - 7/10 - doesnt work for me with the music and doesnt flow well, technically great in places but wheres the emotion ?

2nd one - Venue in the Dark - 3/10 - if there were lights on it would simply be a few people having a fun social dance - not much of a spectator fest

3rd one - Jamie and Mel - 7/10 - has some up and down moments but a nice flow and some great musicality - for a freestyle, its great.

4th one (Jamie, Tom, Vicki and Alex -from maxine) - 8/10 - these folks have got, like the Halifax advert, that little something extra (gah, now I'm Arlene )

please send hate mail to head judge Lee Woodface ...

Thread Information