Thread: London Move - Help!

London Move - Help!

Hello
    I've finally got a new job working in London, however, I live in Worcestershire and start work on 5th Jan. I am logged onto several websites trying to find a room in a flat / house, ideally 45 mins from the City which is where I'll be working. Am looking at splashing out around £350 pcm.
    I'm gonna be coming back up to Worcs nearly every weekend. I'm a friendly easy-going chap, housetrained, non smoker, but if people smoke then no probs.
    Be great if anyone can let me know of anything going.

Re: London Move - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogboy View Post
    45 mins from the City ... around £350 pcm.
    Um, good luck...

Ok, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the current housing situation in London, but I wouldn't expect you to find it very easy to find a place with an easy commute to the City for less than £400 pcm, and possibly more like £500. I guess it depends on what kind of accomodation/amenities you are looking for though, and how picky you are about area (I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about any specific areas you're considering).

I suggest you try www.gumtree.com - this tends to be a site where people are offering rooms in properties which are already let to a group of tenants, one of whom has moved out. At least that will give you an idea of what's out there.

Good luck

Re: London Move - Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious View Post
    Um, good luck...

Ok, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on the current housing situation in London, but I wouldn't expect you to find it very easy to find a place with an easy commute to the City for less than £400 pcm, and possibly more like £500. I guess it depends on what kind of accomodation/amenities you are looking for though, and how picky you are about area (I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about any specific areas you're considering).

I suggest you try www.gumtree.com - this tends to be a site where people are offering rooms in properties which are already let to a group of tenants, one of whom has moved out. At least that will give you an idea of what's out there.

Good luck
    Was surprised to find that the rents are between £350 - £400 which aren't too bad. Am looking at Gumtree & Easyroomate so hopefully I'll get something. Thanks for your help!

Thread Information