Thread: Dance shoe shops in Glasgow

Dance shoe shops in Glasgow

I'm going Christmas shopping in Glasgow on Friday, are there any good dance shoe shops I can visit whilst there? Just to look, obviously...
    I have terrible trouble getting shoes to fit, as I'm only a size 3, so I'm looking for somewhere that actually keeps stock rather than having to order out of a catalogue. Thanks!

Mrs Pretzelmeister

Re: Dance shoe shops in Glasgow

Fitness Fashions in Rutherglen (not exactly central) claims to be the largest stockist in Scotland for ballroom & latin shoes.

In the West End there are 2 stores (tho not particularly close to each other) West End Dance Boutique and Dancia International.

I have bought basic ballet shoes from the West End Dance boutique and Fitness Fashions, but for all MJ dance shoes I struggle as I'm a size 9 and they don't stock those. I'd recommend ringing up in advance (all are listed in Yell under 'dance wear' in Glasgow) to see what they've got in before you make a special trip to any of them. Better yet, I'd recommend Heavenlies! (Who are currently hot favourite for making my wedding shoes )

LC

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LemonCake View Post
    I'd recommend Heavenlies!

You could also (depending on exactly what you're after) try "Office" - I'm sure they'll have a store in central Glasgow, I got fab shoes there only last week, which are just perfect for dancing in
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

I've bought shoes from both West End Dance Boutique and Fitness Fashions and some of my shoes are a 2 1/2 so they should have some stuff in wee sizes. I'd go with LemonCake's suggestion and maybe give them a call to check what they have in before you make a special trip. When you call, if you can loosely specify the style - eg sandals with a high heel, jazz shoes etc or even a brand such as Freed (if you know you fit their shoes) they will be able to give you more accurate stock info.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    You could also (depending on exactly what you're after) try "Office" - I'm sure they'll have a store in central Glasgow, I got fab shoes there only last week, which are just perfect for dancing in
    There's an 'Office' in Buchanan Street.

I don't know of any dance shoe shops that are centrally-located, but Dancia is reachable from the centre via the Underground (get off at St. George's Cross.)

If you were to go shopping in Edinburgh, there's a good dance shop in Rose Street.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by batnurse View Post
    I'm going Christmas shopping in Glasgow on Friday, are there any good dance shoe shops I can visit whilst there? Just to look, obviously...
    I have terrible trouble getting shoes to fit, as I'm only a size 3, so I'm looking for somewhere that actually keeps stock rather than having to order out of a catalogue. Thanks!
    Dance shoes "Talisman"
    Men's and women's ballroom dance shoes for Latin American and European dance. Children's dance shoes. Shoes for training.

Thread Information