1 3.13%
  • See Below

1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two room freestyles

Re: Two room freestyles

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    I'd recommend Wetherby as an exception that's worth checking out. Special extended session this month, 3pm to 10pm I think - all blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post

I think Weatherby is an exception also, but in general I like the two room option. It gives scope for other dancing that is difficult in a 'fast' room, e.g blues music is suited to WCS, and some also suits Tango dancing.

It is also good to have that bit of a difference to choose from the various music styles, depending on your mood throughout the evening, which may or may not change and you feel the need to go bluesy or dance faster.

Everyone is different, and the two room concept caters for all tastes. I paricularly liked Daventry for this, the blues room really worked well and especially when Marc Foster was playing, whilst you could go into the big room and shake it all out, so to speak.

I also think it works well if the dancing extends on through to the small hours, 12 oclock finishes are no good really, much better to have dancing until at least 2 or 3 or 4 am. Then the option of the slow, sexy, sultry blues has time to work properly into the small hours of the morning.
    Wetherby is worth the drive and yeah this month it is extended til 10 p.m. woohoo!

Personally i like 2 room freestyles... gives me the chance to have a blow out of energy at start of night and then round the evening off with some slow in the zone blues dances to end on an absolute high .. must admit tho that I am becoming a blues junkie of late tho, tending to avoid the "bouncier" events in search of some hardcore blues

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post

So it can act like a sort of "brain drain" for dancers ("Dance drain"?), in some ways. I suspect that this effect occurred at Breeze, for example.
    A big part of the reason i only did about 2 hours in the main room at breeze was the heat. It was so hot in there you could hardly breathe
    Having said that you say that its a brain drain well so what both rooms had more than enough people in when i room hopped
    As for the less experienced not going into the blues room well i disagree there were both experienced and less experienced dancers in both rooms I know a lot of people who are good dancers stayed in the main room

Also when we put on a latin chill room at Ware it was very much under used Tezi and Angie were amazing as djs yet when i was over there the most people in it were about five couples (admittedly we hide it away across the car park we dont want too many people in there )
    The main room was full all night

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    well, you could extend that logic, and just bin the main room, then everyone would be happy...
    would certainly keep me happy I LOVE THE CHILL OUT ROOMS

I'm kind of torn: I think I like it because I like to dance to music at the extreme ends of the spectrum, I like to dance to popular stuff, I like to dance to new stuff, old stuff, any stuff... the two rooms allows me to do that ... but I am always wondering what I am missing out on in the other room

{...and generally it takes about 5 tracks to actually exit one room to go to the other to find out }

I like the idea of 2-room freestyles because it takes the majority of the bouncy bodies away from the chill out area and lets you get a better dance in there

Seriously it is good to flit back and forward at the beginning, but I do find myself spending more time in the 'chill-out' space as the night progresses.

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    I like the idea of 2-room freestyles because it takes the majority of the bouncy bodies away from the chill out area and lets you get a better dance in there

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance
    I dont know about that. Our bodies are quite bouncy, even in the chill out area baby. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post

Seriously it is good to flit back and forward at the beginning, but I do find myself spending more time in the 'chill-out' space as the night progresses.

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance
    I must say I am going the other way now and seem to spend most of my time in the main hall giving it large and sweating like a rapist in the dock awaiting sentence.

It is nice to flit between the two rooms and have a dance in both styles all night long.

Blues are great but every now and then I just want to sling someone around like a demented ninja and burn up loads of calories.

DTS XXX XXX

I only go in the blues room when the main room finishes, or there is a terrible track playing in the main room, or I am desperately trying to avoid a stalker ... must make me a terrible dancer as all the good dancers prefer the blues room

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Blues are great but every now and then I just want to sling someone around like a demented ninja and burn up loads of calories.

DTS XXX XXX
    It’s nice to learn, I am not the only person who like to imitate a demented ninja from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post

It is nice to flit between the two rooms and have a dance in both styles all night long.

DTS XXX XXX
    I love flitting between the two rooms - I used to love flitting between the blues and main room at SP. Where I danced depended on either who grabbed me, which track inspired me or where the people I wanted to grab for a dance were. The best thing was that the rooms are so close I could grab the person I wanted to dance with and go into whichever room we fancied depending on mood or track.

I love love love the motown/disco/fast n funky early morning sessions in the main room before it closes plus it gives me a nice energy/mood boost before finishing out the night/morning in the blues room.

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    I love flitting between the two rooms.
    I like the option to flit between the two rooms but in practice tend to spend 99% of my time in the blues room because I get addicted to the music.

One observation that I made last night at Chesham is that when you have two rooms in separate buildings and the weather is bad it does affect the number of people who will come into the blues room. The devotees like myself will go no matter what but I could observe from the last time I was there that a lot of people were just staying put in the main room, which meant that blues room was underused at times, which is a shame because the music was brilliant (Howard). Also because the weather was bad it stopped me going across to the main room to a couple of up tempo dance to work a sweat as I got fed up changing my shoes.

So for me two rooms brilliant but even better when in the same building

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    I love flitting between the two rooms - I used to love flitting between the blues and main room at SP. Where I danced depended on either who grabbed me, which track inspired me or where the people I wanted to grab for a dance were. The best thing was that the rooms are so close I could grab the person I wanted to dance with and go into whichever room we fancied depending on mood or track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    One observation that I made last night at Chesham is that when you have two rooms in separate buildings and the weather is bad it does affect the number of people who will come into the blues room. The devotees like myself will go no matter what but I could observe from the last time I was there that a lot of people were just staying put in the main room, which meant that blues room was underused at times, which is a shame because the music was brilliant (Howard). Also because the weather was bad it stopped me going across to the main room to a couple of up tempo dance to work a sweat as I got fed up changing my shoes.

So for me two rooms brilliant but even better when in the same building
    Wonder what will happen at Skegness?

Unlike Southport, the main room and the blues room are in seperate buildings, if I have gottn it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Wonder what will happen at Skegness?

Unlike Southport, the main room and the blues room are in seperate buildings, if I have gottn it right.
    I guess I'll have to drag my men that little bit further

Thread Information