Thread: Outbreak of Foot in Mouth in the midlands

Outbreak of Foot in Mouth in the midlands

At a freestyle this weekend and when walking off the dance floor after a particularly challenging dance to a particularly fast track (Boogie Woogie something or other) I turned to the person I had been dancing with and said "Thank you that was hell'ish" - He carried on chatting and I think missed what I had said but I was mortified . I would never deliberately say something like that out loud but it just slipped out.

Has anyone else put their mouth in gear before brain and then think that they have got away with it?

Re: Outbreak of Foot in Mouth in the midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in Notts View Post
    At a freestyle this weekend and when walking off the dance floor after a particularly challenging dance to a particularly fast track (Boogie Woogie something or other) I turned to the person I had been dancing with and said "Thank you that was hell'ish" - He carried on chatting and I think missed what I had said but I was mortified . I would never deliberately say something like that out loud but it just slipped out.

Has anyone else put their mouth in gear before brain and then think that they have got away with it?
    Was that Baby Likes to Rock It on Saturday? Glad I danced that with someone else then I wouldn't worry too much about comments like this. I'd have thought generally someone wouldn't make a genuine criticism in such a way and its more a response to things like the track being too fast/slow or really disliking it. After it was clear we were both dispising a track once, I had a woman say "Thank God for that!" after the dance. I know exactly what she meant but won't let her forget it either

Commercial Operator

Well - in a slow blues dance with a friend (who had, in my defence, been cooking a delicious seafood barbeque before coming out dancing), I did once lean in toward her, inhale deeply, then murmur gently into her ear 'Mmmmmm. Your hair smells of fish.'

Unfortunately, while I'm not completely sure what you'd call 'getting away with it', but I think her subsequent reaction probably disqualified me on that count

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in Notts View Post

Do it all the time but not always in the dance world

Sometimes I have to put a 5 second rule on myself esp after a few drinks in case I say something completely stupid! (or do anything stupid... sorry silverfox )

Note to self:

Always read the entire opening post and not just the title, before rushing over the BBC web site to read the latest headlines

Thread Information