Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Going backwards…

  1. #1
    Registered User Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    8,925
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 251 Times in 175 Posts

    Rep Power
    13

    Going backwards…

    Can someone tell me why typing is coming out backwards? Its fine when using Word so its not how my keyboard is set up, it must be something to do with my browser. Using FF and I hadn’t knowingly changed any settings – but I’m guessing I accidentally did – anyone any suggestions how to change it back?

    sknaht

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Going backwards…

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Can someone tell me why typing is coming out backwards? Its fine when using Word so its not how my keyboard is set up, it must be something to do with my browser. Using FF and I hadn’t knowingly changed any settings – but I’m guessing I accidentally did – anyone any suggestions how to change it back?

    sknaht
    try Ctrl-Shift-X, apparently it alters the text direction in firefox
    More info

  3. #3
    Registered User Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    8,925
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 251 Times in 175 Posts

    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going backwards…

    Unfortunately that just does….

    Strangely it doesn’t even show the spaces between words, or letters, in perfect reverse order.

    And its not just posting on here, its everything in FF – including trying to do a search on google…

    Using version 3.0.4 – would it make any sense to update?
    Quote Originally Posted by pmjd View Post
    try Ctrl-Shift-X, apparently it alters the text direction in firefox
    More info
    ty siht seodtsuj thatletanurofnu
    Last edited by Lynn; 30th-November-2008 at 06:27 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    8,925
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 251 Times in 175 Posts

    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going backwards…

    Its also fine when I try to type anything in Facebook - no problems there - its just the forum and the search boxes in my browser that seem to be all confused.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness for now
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 88 Times in 67 Posts

    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Going backwards…

    Found a bit more on the mozilla forums.

    Essentially quit firefox, by actually killing the firefox.exe process which you can find on the task manager list of processes (press ctrl+alt+del to bring it up), or rebooting completely. Firefox 3.0.4 is the most up to date version but there was a theory about it being a java related problem, so you could try updating that by going to www.java.com

    Try those and see if anything helps

  6. Thanks:

    Lynn (30th-November-2008)

  7. #6
    Registered User Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    8,925
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 251 Times in 175 Posts

    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Going backwards…

    Quote Originally Posted by pmjd View Post
    Found a bit more on the mozilla forums.

    Essentially quit firefox, by actually killing the firefox.exe process which you can find on the task manager list of processes (press ctrl+alt+del to bring it up), or rebooting completely. Firefox 3.0.4 is the most up to date version but there was a theory about it being a java related problem, so you could try updating that by going to www.java.com

    Try those and see if anything helps
    Yes, I realised after posting that I had the most up to date version already!

    I'm not quite sure what you mean by kill the Firefox.exe process but I went through my normal 'something funny seems to be happening to my computer' fix attempt - ie did a system restore to a point yesterday and that seems to have sorted it.

    I may have done the wrong thing, or gone about it the wrong way...but its back to normal now.

    Thanks for your help.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,166
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 430 Times in 274 Posts

    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Going backwards…

    its probably something to with learning Tango,
    One step forward, two steps backwards

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London & environs'
    Posts
    3,938
    Thanks
    680
    Thanked 161 Times in 131 Posts

    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Going backwards…

    Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post
    its probably something to with learning Tango,
    One step forward, two steps backwards
    Yes, I thought Lynn was stating another Tango thread.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •