View Poll Results: Are you going to CEROCPORT?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 44.34%
  • No

49 46.23%
  • Maybe - I'll need to check my diary

1 0.94%
  • Clicky Click

3 2.83%
  • I 'was' going but can't now, due to the date change

6 5.66%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    It must be really galling......
    As far as I know tickets are being offered to people willing to crew on the event. And in any eveny JA have given out free and reduced price tickets for years on their weekenders to certain groups of people... shame on you UP - I'm gonna have to bite your ankle next time I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    For you, I'd be happy to use any type of bullet that was available
    A bullet would never do it you need an Artillery shell at the least...

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    As far as I know tickets are being offered to people willing to crew on the event. And in any eveny JA have given out free and reduced price tickets for years on their weekenders to certain groups of people... shame on you UP - I'm gonna have to bite your ankle next time I see you.
    Yes i've just got that email too, I'd have to work for a whole hour!! (for a discounted or free chalet depnding on time worked) But I also had another email though offering me a whole chalet for up to 4 people and I don't have to do anything for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Yes i've just got that email too, I'd have to work for a whole hour!! (for a discounted or free chalet depnding on time worked) But I also had another email though offering me a whole chalet for up to 4 people and I don't have to do anything for that one!

That's because you're really 'special' Cruella and we really want you there(was it sent by the same person who sent DB an email?)

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just to make it straight. This is the first i've heard of any free places going and I haven't been offered one.

But if i was, I'd still find it difficult to make a decision, although as someone pointed out, it would take away an obsticle but then again, I'd feel bad, as I know full well, can't commit to anything at the moment and I'd probably only be able to say for definite a day or two beforehand.

So, there's a chance I'd be taking advantage of a situation, only to let people down again and that doesn't sit well with me!

I'm booked (and paid) for Storm but the same as above, I wont know if I can go, till a day or two before
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

That's because you're really 'special' Cruella and we really want you there(was it sent by the same person who sent DB an email?)
    Obviously you had no say in the matter then
    Do you really want me to name the senders?

So .... a chalet for FOUR offered and you don't have to do anything to get it!!

If true, I think my initial post stands ..... it must be really galling for those that have paid to hear about it.

I understand all do organisers do crew discounts ... that is not what I was alluding to.

You better not start biting my ankle after all Rocky But I'll put my shin guards on just in case.

Considering switching from Blush to Storm - bloody typical, my first non Rock Bottoms weekender and it looks like it's going to be a **** one !

Yes, absolutely. You said you received an email, so scan it and post a copy so we can all see. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    I understand all do organisers do crew discounts ... that is not what I was alluding to...
    Neither was I. I know personally of 3 people who got free spaces and a good handful that got big discounts at 'Eclipse'. Don't tell me you paid full price UP??

Yes, absolutely. You said you received an email, so scan it and post a copy so we can all see. Thank you.
    Fair enough, here is the one from today.
    Hi ,

As you know Ceroc are launching their first event at Southport in March (13-15th March), and as this is our first event we are looking for additional people to help out in return for a discounted or free weekend depending upon how long you work for.

There are a number of roles that we require people for, and some will take no longer than an hour.

If you think you might be interested, then please register an interest by sending an email to ************

You can apply singly or as a couple, but please mention the gender of the interested parties as we need to maintain the gender balance of the event.

When replying, can you also state your regular venue as we want to try and get a cross-section of people from different venues if over-subscribed. We are looking for about 20 people in total.

As crew, you will still be able to enjoy most if not all of the workshops and freestyle.

For more details of the event visit www.ceroc.com/blush, but in brief:

13th – 16th March 2009
    * Pontins Southport
    * Over 30 workshops covering various dance styles, plus a fantastic line up of DJs.
    * 3 nights accommodation.
    * Workshops with different degrees of difficulty therefore suitable for Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and professional dancers.

www.ceroc.com/escape

To stop receiving emails please reply with unsubscribe in the title.

This is the other one. All names have been removed by me.

In celebration of our ***********we have secured accommodation for the SOUTHPORT ESCAPE EVENT on the 13th of March until the 15th of March.

Your VIP card will secure you a FREE Chalet for you and your guests…
    Minimum 2 people, max 4 people will be allowed to book under your VIP Card…
    The booking can be made if you book 1 Male-1 Female which is the minimum occupancy needed to complete the reservation… The alternative variations can be 2 Male –1 Female OR 2 Male- 2 Female

This special opportunity will be held for you until the 28 th of Feb.. Please get in touch with me if you are interested with this offer as soon as possible…

Ps: You will need to show you VIP card at Pontins Reception when you arrive, so if you still have not got your VIP cards please let me know, I can post it to your address .

Don't tell me you paid full price UP??
    I didn't pay full price ...its no secret..... I helped out most of Friday, worked the desk on Friday evening and on the desk on Sunday evening. So yes I got a crew rate.

but my circumstances are not unique .........all organisers offer weekender crews discounted rates.

What is at issue is clear in my original post.

Whilst I'm at, it this is the one David recieved too.

Dear Sirs,

It has been brought to my attention that you are using a copyright protected Ceroc image.

I appreciate that you have asked Rob May. However these were studio shots commissioned by Ceroc and therefore our permission is required.

No big deal, but if you can please remove this image by the end of the week that would be great.

Regards,

This is the other one. All names have been removed by me.
    No... not something that it's possible that could be written or adjusted by someone else, a scan of an original (not forwarded) email - and without the names and email addresses it doesn't mean anything.

You asked me if I wanted you to 'name the senders' and I said yes. You offered, so I've taken you up on your offer. So lets have it, I'm very interested to know.

No... not something that it's possible that could be written or adjusted by someone else, a scan of an original (not forwarded) email - and without the names and email addresses it doesn't mean anything.

You asked me if I wanted you to 'name the senders' and I said yes. You offered, so I've taken you up on your offer. So lets have it, I'm very interested to know.
    I'll pm the name to you direct, as unlike you, I feel it would be wrong to try and get others name's muddied. (Although I'm sure you already know who it's from and are trying to prove your insinuation of me being untrustworthy)
    Last edited by Cruella; 19th-February-2009 at 01:28 PM.

I'll pm the name to you direct, as unlike you I feel it would be wrong to try and get others name's muddied. (Although I'm sure you already know who it's from and are trying to prove your insinuation of me being untrustworthy)
    Regardless, the one offering you a free chalet looks like it comes direct from a franchisee celebrating their ********** and who have used their marketing allowance to get an allocation of chalets to offer regular attendees to their venues a lovely bonus - and all you can think is to twist it for political reasons. Nice... I'm sure they will be very happy. I'm looking forward to your PM.

to offer regular attendees to their venues a lovely bonus - and all you can think is to twist it for political reasons.

I'm laughing because about the only venue/event to which Cruella is a regular attendee is Rocky's own i.e Utopia

Regardless, the one offering you a free chalet looks like it comes direct from a franchisee celebrating their ********** and who have used their marketing allowance to get an allocation of chalets to offer regular attendees to their venues a lovely bonus - and all you can think is to twist it for political reasons. Nice... I'm sure they will be very happy. I'm looking forward to your PM.
    Nil pointe.
    Try again.

OK, so just to clarify.

Fletch was given some free spaces to Blush as a thank you for promoting Ceroc via TV, radio and local press articles. Given the amount of work she did happily and voluntarily, it was the least Ceroc could do.

As for Cruella, it appears she was offered a space by a Ceroc affiliate who works closely with Ceroc and who was offered a limited number of chalets as a thank you.

On top of that a number of people have been offered crew discounts and crew rooms (as UP points out) which is normal for any weekender, Skegmess included.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Rocky; 19th-February-2009 at 03:06 PM.

OK, so just to clarify.

Fletch was given some free spaces to Blush as a thank you for promoting Ceroc via TV, radio and local press articles. Given the amount of work she did happily and voluntarily, it was the least Ceroc could do.

As for Cruella, it appears she was offered a space by a Ceroc affiliate who was offered a limited number of chalets to help celebrate their 1st anniversary and who has also helped behind the scenes with regards to Blush.

On top of that a number of people have been offered crew discounts and crew rooms (as UP points out) which is normal for any weekender, Skegmess included.

Hope that helps.
    It does, I'm intrigued as to how many staff are needed though. The email says 20 and I've just been sent the same email from another franchise! (I did think after the exchanges on here it might be a pi$$ take though!) isn't that a coincidence as there are probably thousands and thousands on the Ceroc database!
    How comes they only need crew for Blush and not the other weekenders?

Thread Information