View Poll Results: Are you going to CEROCPORT?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 44.34%
  • No

49 46.23%
  • Maybe - I'll need to check my diary

1 0.94%
  • Clicky Click

3 2.83%
  • I 'was' going but can't now, due to the date change

6 5.66%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (Jan 30th - 2nd Feb 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I find that employers who try to intimidate, manipulate and threaten staff who have legitimate grievances always have the most happy employees around.

Not to mention the extra benefit of appearing to be a caring, responsive and inclusive employer. As opposed to, say, a monopolistic Evil Empire or something.
    Nothing to do with the fact that he's off to Oz on the 10th of Feb and so has handed in his notice to Franck and Ceroc then?

15- 0

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    If I'd known that Blush was going to be moved, then I could have gone earlier, and wouldn't have to have waited to work there.

Once again, it feels like I've put myself out for Ceroc, but they can't even be bothered to let me know what's happening. It doesn't feel good, and doesn't make for happy people working for them.
    15-15

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I always find that a sound and sensible way to deal with any issues I have with my employer is to whine and moan about them on a public forum.

9.30pm blues room slot anyone......
    30-15

I find that employers who try to intimidate, manipulate and threaten staff who have legitimate grievances always have the most happy employees around.

Not to mention the extra benefit of appearing to be a caring, responsive and inclusive employer. As opposed to, say, a monopolistic Evil Empire or something.
    30-30

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Crikey, I must have missed those bits! I only read the piece of fiction by an attention seeking employee (singular)....
    30-40

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Nothing to do with the fact that he's off to Oz on the 10th of Feb and so has handed in his notice to Franck and Ceroc then?

Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Beat me to it.

Well, I did it last time, it's someone else's turn...
    My fave scene from a film

Oh right - so J&R aren't going to be at Blush then? That'd be a shame - I've not done their classes, but I understand they're highly-rated.
    Right now, I'm missing the point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo
    I'm wondering now, whether the events will look like the southern Ceroc events fairly immediately / how much they will look like Blaze.
    Yes - the "feel" is a bit less "advanced-dancer-y", isn't it?
    Not at all.

The big difference between southern Ceroc events and Blaze is not the quality of the dancers, but the sheer quality, commitment to and diversity of the classes.

Given the difference in size of the weekenders it really is night and day.

Hence the importance of which influence predominates. I thought it was looking good, but am apprehensive from the recent developments, and your helpful analysis of the email, that it may be taking a different direction.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Why is this relevant? (It's not even something that needed pointing out as there is a whole thread about it). The point is, Trampy was booked to do Blush (Jan) (but hadn't been told about the date change) and was still fulfilling his part of that booking before he left. He was giving notice which is surely the right thing to do when leaving employment, rather than saying 'Oh by the way I'm going to Oz tomorrow, see ya!' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox
    I always find that a sound and sensible way to deal with any issues I have with my employer is to whine and moan about them on a public forum.

9.30pm blues room slot anyone......
    I always find that sarcasm and snide digs seem a sensible way for some to intimidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    Why is this relevant? (It's not even something that needed pointing out as there is a whole thread about it). The point is, Trampy was booked to do Blush (Jan) (but hadn't been told about the date change) and was still fulfilling his part of that booking before he left. He was giving notice which is surely the right thing to do when leaving employment, rather than saying 'Oh by the way I'm going to Oz tomorrow, see ya!' ?
    Trampy and I have been PMing backwards and forwards and we're very happy.. so you can butt out now Big Nose..

Trampy and I have been PMing backwards and forwards and we're very happy.. so you can butt out now Big Nose..
    I already knew that, but it was a genuine question. (and I'm sure you'll find your nose is bigger and browner than mine. )
    Last edited by Cruella; 6th-December-2008 at 11:18 AM.

You see that's your problem: you either physically just have to stick your nose into other people's affairs or when you can't, you have to try and infer that you're in the know...

I already knew that...
    See? Thanks for confirming it..

As regards your original question. Well surely any sane person would start by challenging the veracity of negative statement made by someone who has just left a company's employ.. Oh, OK, I see your problem now..

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, fun though this all is... Blush?

Should I add a "cancelled due to change of date" option to the poll, or is everyone still going?

Well, fun though this all is... Blush?

Should I add a "cancelled due to change of date" option to the poll, or is everyone still going?
    You could put No smiley face and a NO sad face

You see that's your problem: you either physically just have to stick your nose into other people's affairs or when you can't, you have to try and infer that you're in the know
    I only infer, when it means breaking a confidence if I reveal the whole truth. Out of interest Rocky when did you start running Ceroc and employing Trampy? Or is it not any more of your business than any one elses on here?

As regards your original question. Well surely any sane person would start by challenging the veracity of negative statement made by someone who has just left a company's employ.. Oh, OK, I see your problem now..
    I'd agree, if that someone had been sacked or left because of bad circumstances, but not if they had given notice because of going abroad. Are you saying that anyone that makes a negative comment about an employer after leaving, must be lying? Would be a good way to stop all negativity admittedly, as they aren't going to show disloyalty whilst working for them in case they find themselves suddenly unemployed!

Commercial Operator

You go away for a few days. And when you come back you find that there's been a fabulous thread and you weren't part of it

Twirly and I were going.. but now are not going

we'll try for a camber W/E instead at some point.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    You go away for a few days. And when you come back you find that there's been a fabulous thread and you weren't part of it
    Who are you?

... stuff..
    If you want to look at it in a totally one dimensional fashion that's up to you. As far as Trampy goes, it doesn't do him any favours to continue this discussion given that he has apologised for his comments. (Yes, things really do happen without being in the public glare of the forum you know...)

You'll just have to find something else to stick your nose into and and another subject to stir up... shame..

Commercial Operator

Who are you?
    And they forget you even existed

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    .... and there goes the neighbourhood

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Who are you?
    yes, who IS he ?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    yes, who IS he ?
    And who is he to say "who are you?"?

As I've been away I've read this thread as a non-participant and it's very enlightening to have a view as an outsider. Especially when I have some insider knowledge but hadn't taken part.

This thread was in three parts

1. Someone says that Ceroc are an evil Empire because they've done something that doesn't seem fair.
    2. Some other people agree.
    3. Rocky posts to tell everyone that it's all in their best interest and Ceroc are lovely and cuddly.

.. in part 4 somebody who doesn't have a clue starts to derail the thread - that seems to be my given task on this occasion

If you want to look at it in a totally one dimensional fashion that's up to you. As far as Trampy goes, it doesn't do him any favours to continue this discussion given that he has apologised for his comments. (Yes, things really do happen without being in the public glare of the forum you know...)

You'll just have to find something else to stick your nose into and and another subject to stir up... shame..
    Come back and fight, Damn you!

Thread Information