View Poll Results: Are you going to CEROCPORT?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 44.34%
  • No

49 46.23%
  • Maybe - I'll need to check my diary

1 0.94%
  • Clicky Click

3 2.83%
  • I 'was' going but can't now, due to the date change

6 5.66%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

The Dashing Moderator

Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (Jan 30th - 2nd Feb 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by jive-vee View Post
    Um, what email? I booked for this weekend but have not had an email...hang on maybe my mate booked us in for this one and got the email? Did it say why it had been changed or what happens if you can't make the revised date?
    Ducasi's quoted part of it - the full email says:
    Dear Escapee,

It has unfortunately become necessary to amend two of the three Southport dates for 2009.

Previous dates:

Blush 30th Jan 09

Scorch 29th May 09

Splash 11th Sep 09

Revised dates:

Blush 13th Mar 09 (weekend after Storm)

Scorch 29th May 09 (unchanged)

Splash 16th Oct 09

The change of dates, although necessary and unavoidable, is of course very unfortunate. It does mean however, that at Blush we will be able to showcase Pamela & James (The Winners of this year’s Dirty Dancing televised competition). This will probably be their last UK classes and performances before they move to LA to enjoy their prize for being Britain’s Best Dance Couple. These guys can teach and dance just about anything, and they are in hot demand. They are professional dancers, and you will have seen them in pop videos and things like ‘X Factor’ you just don’t know it yet. IMPORTANT……these guys are committed to undertake a number of television engagements between now and when they leave so there is the possibility that they may have to cancel on us, so keep everything crossed.

Despite the date change, you will still be able to enjoy the UK debut of Brent & Kellese, plus Nigel & Nina. Unfortunately our Tango masters Jenny & Ricardo will have to appear at Southport later in the year .

We appreciate that the January date change won’t suit everyone who has already booked, even though the weather will be a lot better in March, and therefore if you need to cancel your booking, we will of course refund your money in full. Please note all cancellations must be made within 14 days of this email.

You should also be aware that there is the possibility that a TV production company will be filming certain aspects of the weekend, including the freestyle for national broadcast. If this does go ahead, the production company have been advised that no photographic or flash lighting can be used, and the filming must be discreet.

Again, apologies for the date change and we hope this is not too inconvenient and you will still be able to join us for what will be a fabulous weekender.

Regards,

The Escape Committee
    Love dance, will travel

Please note all cancellations must be made within 14 days of this email.
    Just how is that reasonable? breach of contract surely implies compensation, not additional terms.

After all that I can't go either - my diary for March is too busy already!!.. When and where is Blaze Franck??

Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

I'm hoping that my chalet buddies are still able to go. At least there may be a slightly smaller chance of snow in March so the journey should be better.

Hopefully the fact it's only a week after Storm won't have too much impact on attendance.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a bit of a pain, isn't it?

Still, good news for Jive Addiction I guess, they've no competition in that timeslot.

From that email:
    These guys can teach and dance just about anything
    Err... what?

Excuse me, but I'm fairly sure it takes more than dance ability to teach.

Wow. No reason given for the date change ?

The new date sucks. I always go to Storm, and two weekenders in a week is just a no-no. Blurh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    The new date sucks. I always go to Storm, and two weekenders in a week is just a no-no. Blurh!
    Well, there's usually very few dates to choose from - if Pontins simply isn't available then there were probably very few other options, apart from outright cancellation.

But an explanation would have been nice, yes, rather than just a set of promotional gumf.

Quote Originally Posted by emmylou25 View Post
    Hopefully the fact it's only a week after Storm won't have too much impact on attendance.
    Most people won't be able to do two weekends in a row so people will most likely choose to do one or the other.

Cool Re: Ceroc Blush weekender @ Southport (REVISED DATE!!! 13th – 16th March 2009)

Well that looks like the last Ceroc Weekender for me!

Genevieve and I are going to Rock and Roll weekender the weekend before, so we will have to cancel (bet G's email is the first one in their inbox!)
    I know she'd probably let me go on my own, but I've no intention without my bestest pal and I wouldn't enjoy it without her anyway.

In any event, it would've been nice to know why they've changed it - I would recommend that CEROC 'Passion' or whoever tell us the reason sooner rather than later because it won't take the rumour mill long to get going will it! Great treatment of your customers!

Well I'm disappointed but we've got a couple of great rock 'n' roll weekenders booked up, starting with this weekend.
    We get half a dozen live bands, accomodation plus a Christmas Dinner and Full English thrown in, for less than the average Escape weekend - I think it will make up for it!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Err... what?

So .... do you know them to be bad teachers?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    So .... do you know them to be bad teachers?
    Actually, I was mainly referring to the incredibly casual statement "These guys can teach and dance just about anything". Obviously that's rubbish. For anyone. It's typical of the worst things Ceroc is accused of, it's on a par with "You can learn to dance in 45 minutes".

As for the dancers - I've no idea, I've never heard of them. Which, to me, is in itself a sign. But, OK, let's have a look at them: the winners are James Collins & Pamela Smith.

After a quick Google, they appear not to have a website. But from the Dirty dancing site, we have:

Pamela Smith:

Age: 22 Region: Glasgow (lives London) Pamela started dancing at 17 and has since received a BA (HONS) in Dance from Edinburgh University. She has performed on X Factor, in La Dolce Vita and in a Latin Show in Dubai choreographed by the ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ team. She’s confesses to never being satisfied and openly admits she’s a perfectionist.
    James Collins:

Age: 18 Region: Harrow James has been dancing for 11 years which started with ballroom dancing classes aged 5 (he wasn’t impressed and it wasn’t until 8 the dancing bug hit). He is now studying at the Urdang Academy in London and has danced in the Royal Variety and appeared in music videos for Annie Lennox and Kristian Leontious. James' favourite styles are hip-hop and lyrical.
    So, there's no information there about their teaching history. In fact, have they taught? Anyone? Ever?

I'm sorry, but just because they've won a reality TV competition doesn't mean they're great dancers - and certainly doesn't mean they're great dance teachers. It just means they're a bit famous.

For a weekender which is apparently specifically designed to appeal to more experienced dancers, with top-notch teachers, this is just rubbish.

Blog Entries

Oh, and that email also says:

these guys are committed to undertake a number of television engagements between now and when they leave so there is the possibility that they may have to cancel on us, so keep everything crossed.
    So they're not even flippin' reliable in other words.

What a complete load of rubbish that email is - how about replacing those paragraphs with something radical like "We're sorry"? Or, hell, something like, you know, an explanation?

Blog Entries

Oh, and that email also says:

So they're not even flippin' reliable in other words.

What a complete load of rubbish that email is - how about replacing those paragraphs with something radical like "We're sorry"? Or, hell, something like, you know, an explanation?
    its strange isn't it.

how on earth could they get this so wrong (you know, the dates booked and advertised then having to change them).

Oh well. Doesn't effect me, wasn't booked on those ones originally anyway.

I don't really want to get involved in this thread but I will answer this point.

Before booking them we did go into a lot of detail regarding their teaching experience and both have taught extensivley at major dance studios both in the UK and abroad. I'll grant you that we have not seen them teach personally, but their teaching experience and their dance experience coupled with their in depth knowledge of numerous dance styles and their open and personable manner would suggest that they will do a great job.

And while I'm at it. When Blush was first booked the only date on offer in the 1st quarter of the year was January. When Pontins subsequently offered the March date a little while ago the change needed to be carefully considered as teachers were already booked and also this needed to be weighed against current bookings and other weekender dates.

Whilst not ideal, the over riding feeling was that a weekend at a Northerly Western coastal resort in Jan would be far more comfortable in March, and that was one of the main reasons for the date change.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I
    Whilst not ideal, the over riding feeling was that a weekend at a Northerly Western coastal resort in Jan would be far more comfortable in March, and that was one of the main reasons for the date change.

Hope that helps.
    It does help. March is a better date for me so am looking at the new dates as a possibility. But are these dates now fixed in stone or could they change again. I dont think ive ever seen this before (dates changed after people booked etc)...

I mean is there something that could come up. Its difficult for women to get places and bookings have to be done early. A date change like this is a nightmare for most and women especially if they are booking on their own.

oh and i just googled that couple and you get results like
    "Hamilton observer press release" and
    "My shag-and-tell" from the Sun
    Last edited by Trouble; 3rd-December-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Before booking them we did go into a lot of detail regarding their teaching experience and both have taught extensivley at major dance studios both in the UK and abroad.
    What, every dance? Cor, I'm impressed.

I'll grant you that we have not seen them teach personally,
    Well, what could possibly go wrong then?

I mean, after all, we're reliably informed that they can teach "just about anything".

It's almost worth booking it, just to see their masterclass in Argentine Tango. Assuming they bother to turn up of course.

And while I'm at it. When Blush was first booked the only date on offer in the 1st quarter of the year was January. When Pontins subsequently offered the March date a little while ago the change needed to be carefully considered as teachers were already booked and also this needed to be weighed against current bookings and other weekender dates.

I see - so this was a deliberate choice to change the date rather than an enforced thing. That explains the lack of an apology, I guess.

And for what it's worth, I agree - March is more attractive than January, I said so a while back - "All you people going to weekenders in Jan are nuts" was my phrase I believe

Commercial Operator

Actually, I was mainly referring to the incredibly casual statement "These guys can teach and dance just about anything". Obviously that's rubbish. For anyone. It's typical of the worst things Ceroc is accused of, it's on a par with "You can learn to dance in 45 minutes".

As for the dancers - I've no idea, I've never heard of them. Which, to me, is in itself a sign. But, OK, let's have a look at them: the winners are James Collins & Pamela Smith.

I agree that this isn't much of a resume, and that you've not been given anything tangible in the way of evidence of their abilities as teachers and dancers.

But you seem to have taken a simple statement that they are good, and taken this to mean that they're probably rubbish. Which, if you'll forgive me saying so, seems a touch cynical.

Blog Entries

I agree that this isn't much a resume, and that you've not been given anything tangible in the way of evidence of their abilities as teachers and dancers.
    Exactly.

But you seem to have taken a simple statement that they are good, and taken this to mean that they're probably rubbish. Which, if you'll forgive me saying so, seems a touch cynical.
    No, I don't know that they're rubbish - sorry if my statement came out that way. They may be world-class top-notch teachers. And I'm sure they're great dancers, and well done to them for winning that competition.

But that stuff from the Ceroc email was rubbish - that's what I'm saying. It's pandering, it's over-hyped, and it's insulting to the intelligence. Someone at Ceroc saw them on telly and is using them to add "glamour" to an event, without knowing much about what they teach or how they do it.

So I'm whingeing at Ceroc's email, not that the people themselves.

Commercial Operator

No, I don't know that they're rubbish - sorry if my statement came out that way. They may be world-class top-notch teachers. And I'm sure they're great dancers, and well done to them for winning that competition.
    Fairy 'nuff

But that stuff from the Ceroc email was rubbish - that's what I'm saying. It's pandering, it's over-hyped, and it's insulting to the intelligence.
    NOTE TO CEROC: next time, tailor your message to David to say: 'They might be quite good, and on a good day they may well be able to teach you one or two dance moves.'

Someone at Ceroc saw them on telly and is using them to add "glamour" to an event, without knowing much about what they teach or how they do it.
    Who was that then?

Rock Bottoms MJ/WSC weekender is the following week

That would make THREE weekenders in a row !!

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information