Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Phone again...

Re: Phone again...

Not a bad choice in the LG Secret.

I personally have an N95 8gb which I upgraded to from my original N95. The battery life is better on the 8Gb. The N96 is not too much different from the N95 8Gb (certainly not a huge jump in my opinion). It DOES support streaming live television, but currently no carrier in the UK supports it.

Nokia have announced the N97, which looks like being the most complete smartphone outside of the Fruity Companies.

Spec:
    5MP Camera with DVD quality video capture
    32Gb onboard memory
    QWERTY keyboard
    Improved battery life
    Plus all the usual N9x series paraphernalia (GPS etc)

Should be released before the Summer...

As for anyone else that has an N95 or Nseries Nokia, I recommend checking out mosh.nokia.com. It's a beta site for freeware for your phone. Lots of cool little apps and tools to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by frolicols View Post
    Not a bad choice in the LG Secret.

I personally have an N95 8gb which I upgraded to from my original N95. The battery life is better on the 8Gb. The N96 is not too much different from the N95 8Gb (certainly not a huge jump in my opinion). It DOES support streaming live television, but currently no carrier in the UK supports it.

Nokia have announced the N97, which looks like being the most complete smartphone outside of the Fruity Companies.

Spec:
    5MP Camera with DVD quality video capture
    32Gb onboard memory
    QWERTY keyboard
    Improved battery life
    Plus all the usual N9x series paraphernalia (GPS etc)

Should be released before the Summer...

As for anyone else that has an N95 or Nseries Nokia, I recommend checking out mosh.nokia.com. It's a beta site for freeware for your phone. Lots of cool little apps and tools to play with!
    As an N95 user myself, I can recommend http://www.n95users.com/, lots of good advice, particularly on getting hold of a tripod for the phone when using it as a video camera.

ok
    My turn for an upgrade now
    I am on vodaphone (the reception is the best where i work although O2 comes close)
    Phones for you have offered me these possibles

• Nokia 5800
    • Nokia N85
    • Sony Ericsson C905
    • Samsung Tocco
    • Blackberry Storm

Out of these carphone warhouse (who couldnt do me the upgrade on any of these except the samsung and saying phones for you were offering the best deals at the moment) said they didnt like the storm but would go for the Nokia 5800 The only one i could handle is the Samsung Tocco which seemed ok
    I am hoping to get to Phones for you tonight to see if i can actually handle any of these others
    Not having looked at them i have no idea which to choose acording to reviews Nokia seems the preferable and have always had a good name both for reception and battery life (yes i want to use it as a phone although any gadgets would be fun)

Thread Information