Thread: Dance TV - Have your say

Dance TV - Have your say

I'm (indirectly) involved with a project which aims to create an online home for Dance in the UK in the form of a new broadband TV channel; Dance TV. It's a partner project between the production company that makes How to Look Good Naked, Ten Years Younger, etc, Dance Xchange in Birmingham and others. The channel is intended for viewers of all ages and for all levels of engagement: dance professionals, teachers, amateur dancers and anyone who simply enjoys watching dance.

http://www.dedicatedtodance.tv/

GfK NOP Media are conducting research into the potential interest and have asked me to pass on an invitation to contribute your views below. There is no obligation - the forum just seemed like an obvious place to seek opinion and feedback from people interested in dance! Feel free to pass it on to others who might like to share their views.

Here's the message from GfK NOP Media with a link to the survey if you're interested.

You have received this message because of your interest in dance.
    GfK NOP Media are currently working on behalf of some dance organisations with a view to improving the information available for all types of dancers – professionals, enthusiast, beginners and teachers – via a new Dance Channel. The research includes all dance types, so whatever type of dancing you do or are interested in – we would love to hear from you.

This short survey will take no more than 10 minutes to complete and will directly feed into new initiatives that are being developed for the dancing world. We hope you find this survey interesting. Rest assured that all answers will remain confidential. Thank you in advance for your help.

Just click on the link below to complete the survey.

http://three.surveys.com/projects/j400765/DanceTV.asp

Julia Lamaison
    Research Director, Media Insights

245 Blackfriars Road
    London
    SE1 9UL
    Phone +44 (0)20 7890 9931
    www.gfknop.com
    Last edited by Pussycatdoll; 23rd-November-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: added information

Re: Dance TV - Have your say

Neither the survey link as shown, nor as clicked, work.

As clicked, it takes you to a Microsoft Exchange login page.
    As shown, it leads to a 404 "not found" error page.

I'd be interested in seeing this survey if you can give us a link that works.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

My apologies - I didn't realise but I have just spoken to Julia at GfK NOP Media and the survey has just been closed which is why the link isn't working. I filled it in at the end of last week and since they hadn't told me what deadline they were working to I assumed it would still be working.

She did say they've already started crunching the data and it's showing some interesting findings in that those who participate in dance in some form may not be the most interested audience members for such a venture...If and when I know more I'll let you know. Whatever the findings I think the project will be going ahead - this is more a case of assessing the market and finding out who the audience might be and what they want. As far as I know the launch will be in May next year.

I can't tell you how stupid I feel ! However as I am working in collaboration with the production company at the moment I'd be very happy to convey feedback via this thread if you still care to share your ideas and opinions.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, it seems like a great idea, I'd love to see what it's like.

And I also think that it shows there is more interest in dance now than, say, 5-10 years ago in the UK, which again is great.

Thread Information