Thread: Im a nobody, get this off the tv.

Blog Entries

Im a nobody, get this off the tv.

OMG. I dont watch a lot of TV these days but i was really looking forward to my yearly fix of im a celeb get me out of here.

First dissapointment was the motley crew they put in there but i thought to myself... well, give it a couple of days and they could prove entertaining anyway.

Is it just me or has this programme really run its course. I have not found the trials funny or even remotely amusing. Im actually bored with the cockroaches, green ants and snakes.

What have they done wrong.?

Very sad... i used to love it.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Im a nobody, get this off the tv.

I watched it last night (the brutally cut, Lory version taped, so I can out all the ads and other crap) and I have to say...I quite enjoyed it

I find I always like the one everyone else hates .. This time its Kilroy, i reckon he's OK

I can't stand that gay, ex policeman guy.. he's such a 'jobs worth'

I wouldn't watch it especially but I've set the Sky box to record it, so I'll probably watch it every now and then!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    OMG. I dont watch a lot of TV these days but i was really looking forward to my yearly fix of im a celeb get me out of here.

First dissapointment was the motley crew they put in there but i thought to myself... well, give it a couple of days and they could prove entertaining anyway.

Is it just me or has this programme really run its course. I have not found the trials funny or even remotely amusing. Im actually bored with the cockroaches, green ants and snakes.

as i have never watched it for more than 30 seconds due to it being inane rubbish - i cant imagine it getting "worse". Just don't watch it - i don't (and if asked, i wouldn't go on it either )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    as i have never watched it for more than 30 seconds due to it being inane rubbish - i cant imagine it getting "worse". Just don't watch it - i don't (and if asked, i wouldn't go on it either )
    It is inane rubbish, but it's yet another example of car-crash TV.
    I'm liking Kilroy's straight talking, but he's boringly good at the challenges. They need to start putting wimpy people into them.
    It's looking up now "miserable t***" David Van Day and "irritating b4st4rd" Timmy Mallett have joined in.

I just think this programme has run its course,seen it,got the tee shirt ect.

Its just old now,you know whats about to happen before it does which makes the whole show boring.

And the so called celebs they have on the show is *** is that

Imagine this show without Ant & Dec.....

Scarface out
    Last edited by Lory; 21st-November-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    (and if asked, i wouldn't go on it either )
    Don't worry, there's no danger of you being asked to go on the show. You're automatically disqualified because more than five people know who you are.

I have only heard of 6 of the celebrities in the jungle

Esther Ranzen i believe she used to host the Esther Show?

Carly Zucker: One of the less exploited wags, going out with Joe
    Cole?

Joe Swash: Cheeky Cockney Actor played, Mickey Millar, in eastenders?

Robert Kilroy Silk: Used to run his own chat show, Kilroy? And got into a lot of bother because of some racist comment he made around three years ago?

Timmy Mallet: Used to present some kids show, way before i was born but often appears on music channels presenting a one hour show on his favourite cheesey summer holiday numbers and seems to be like peter pan, hes never grown up

Simon Webbe: Always been my favourite boy in the band Blue. Now a solo artist although the only recognized song he sang was No worries.

I am enjoying im a celeb, although im sick of Nicole moaning in her see through bikini and Timmy Mallet just wont stop laughing, at EVERYTHING!

Joe to win, i love him and dont think he got a lot of credit for his great role in eastenders

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    Esther Ranzen i believe she used to host the Esther Show?
    Much more famous for a dog saying "sausages" on "Thats Life"

Carly Zucker: One of the less exploited wags, going out with Joe
    Cole?
    Who ?

Joe Swash: Cheeky Cockney Actor played, Mickey Millar, in eastenders?
    Who ?

Robert Kilroy Silk: Used to run his own chat show, Kilroy? And got into a lot of bother because of some racist comment he made around three years ago?
    Yup, smug tw@t from daytime tv. He got into a lot of bother after a REPRINT of some racist somethingorother i.e. nobody noticed the first time so it was reprinted to get a reaction

Timmy Mallet: Used to present some kids show, way before i was born but often appears on music channels presenting a one hour show on his favourite cheesey summer holiday numbers and seems to be like peter pan, hes never grown up
    Have heard of him unfortunately.

Simon Webbe: Always been my favourite boy in the band Blue. Now a solo artist although the only recognized song he sang was No worries.
    Nope, hadnt heard of him either.

although im sick of Nicole moaning in her see through bikini
    Hadn't heard of her either. Her boobs sure look fake from the pics in the Metro though

Blog Entries

Ooooooh we could get a funny moment tonight on the TV.

That harsh cow... cant remember her name - the wag who loves her mascara.

She is doing a really horrible trial tonight and i cant wait to see her suffer. She is bitch with a capital B.

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Mac View Post
    I have only heard of 6 of the celebrities in the jungle
    Mind you, two of those 6 seemed to me to be in the "What on earth are they doing this crap?" department, when I heard the lineup. I mean, if you asked the average person to list the 10 greatest sportswomen of all time, there's a decent bet Martina would be in there. And George Takei is - well, he's Sulu from Star Trek! Cult legend and all that. Instantly recogniseable to every geek on the planet and several more besides.

What are they selling at the mo? And why did their agents tell them IACGMOOH was a good way to sell it? I don't really see how the demographic could line up with theirs.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I confess, I caught up (fast foward styley) on the last few shows last night and there were a couple of moments when I cried with laughter..

Simon called Joe to come up to the bus to look at Mr Sulu sleeping, cos he looked like a mummy, then they spotted a huge spider near his head and decided to capture it, to throw at David.
    So, creeping around trying not to wake Mr Sulu, Joe found a mug to use as a trap and without thinking, threw the contents of said mug straight out the window.... a split second later, he realised, it might have had Mr Sulu's teeth in it!

I keep laughing, everytime I think of it, it was hysterical!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Juju

I don't watch it on principle, i.e. I agree with Germaine Greer - I really dislike the way the programme portrays and treats animals. Disgusting. (She was on tv banging on about it last week.)
    Last edited by Juju; 5th-December-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    So, creeping around trying not to wake Mr Sulu, Joe found a mug to use as a trap and without thinking, threw the contents of said mug straight out the window.... a split second later, he realised, it might have had Mr Sulu's teeth in it!
    Yeah, that was very funny.

I've watched every night, so far, but I'm not bothering tonight, now that DVD is out. He was my favourite and the rest of them are boring now. I suspect Joe will win.

Thread Information