Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'fess up guys - How do you decide who to ask for a dance?

Originally posted by Forte
    I'd give you one.

(That is one as in a top grade, gadget! A grade!!!)
    Now there's an offer you can't refuse, Gadget!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Gadget
    Nope - that's dragging a net behind the boad, not bait.
    Ah! - It's the "boad" that had me confused Should I have put bait in the net too - or is that only if you want to catch something

So if I asked you to save me a dance for Saturday night - would that be "crolling"?
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Sheena
    Ah! - It's the "boad" that had me confused Should I have put bait in the net too - or is that only if you want to catch something

So if I asked you to save me a dance for Saturday night - would that be "crolling"?
    ----------------------------------------

No - that would be creeling - saving your catch for later

Originally posted by psyc0diver
    ----------------------------------------

No - that would be creeling - saving your catch for later
    Crolling, trolling, sharking!!! Perhaps we ought to have our own ceroc-speak, just like the trekkies do!!!

Originally posted by Sheena
    Ah! - It's the "boad" that had me confused
    soby; i'b god a bid ob a cold. {honest }
    Now, now - no need for crawling; all you need to do is ask and you are the center of my world {for a song or two anyway }

{ nice response Craig}

Originally posted by Forte
    What a writer you are.
    Writer... well, that's one name for it.
    I'd give you one.
    ooh er.
    And I thought you only flirted this much on the dance floor!

So that answers all of them, except... whats grincing?

Nope - that's dragging a net behind the boad, not bait.
    'boad'?????? Really Gadget, your spelling is getting WORSE (if that's possible!!!!!)

Heather.

I tend to ask ladys I have never danced before who are alone, ie not sitting chatting in a group as its quite intimidating approaching a group of women. Although the exception to this is when I like the look of one of them and feel I must dance with her or I'll regret it.

I will also never approach someone I dont know well if its a male/female couple who are chatting and dont seem to be interested in dancing i.e not even watching it. It is so hard to get to know people at ceroc and it is annoying when your having a great chat with someone and they get grabbed for a dance.

Jon's post reminds me of a 'technique' I used to use as a nightclub manager many years ago as a very green and innocent young lad

I would wait for the last record and look out for a pair of ladies sitting together. Chances are one of them would be asked up to dance. I would go over to the lady who was left (and probably feeling a bit 'left out') and ask her if she would like to dance - but I would do it with some glasses in my hand as if I were 'helping' the bar staff collect glasses - that way, if hse said no, I could just pick up a few glasses with my dented ego and move on to the next table :sorry

I was very ingenuous. I only had two chat up lines in the whole of my reportoire - and that was one of them!!! :sorry :sorry

(the other one was 'would you like to come back for a coffee' - needless to say it took many many attempts before the statistical eventuality bore the slightest fruit)

dress, appearance and shoes have very little influence on deciding to dance with someone. {Note - this is not saying I do not fully appreciate accentuating, sparkly, revealing, slinky, sexy dresses (or any combination of the above ,) and the bodies/smiles that inhabit them.
    I'm maybe slightly biassed inasmuch as I used to do fashion photography as a second job so tend to notice these things from autopilot . . .

But from a dance point of view I always try to notice something interesting about my partner - I find it a lead in to dramatising the dance (I believe every woman I dance with is the Most Beautiful Woman in the World - even if only for three minutes - so I try to gratefully acknowledge any help.) This applies equally when the lady is old and grey and no teeth!

Try visualising Audrey Hepburn in effortless flight across the dance floor. Try it again but dress her in scruffy, ill-fitting clothes - not quite the same is it?

Apart from that, I'm always touched by the effort women go to to look nice - I'm sure they do it for themselves, not me, but when I'm dancing with her it's for me And I not only want to show the lady off on the dance floor - I see a beautiful dress and imagine it spinning, floating, and think what a waste for it to be sitting out

thought I'd better say something in case my initial post was taken as incredibly superficial or even sexist (and though I have a reasonable eye for women's clothes and what suits who I am hopeless at choosing my own stuff - I only have to look at my holiday purchases that were going to look so 'fab' on the dance floor )

Having said that, if she has a nice dress but her idea of balance is a slouch and intense fascination with the botom of her lemonade glass then I'm less motivated . . .

Interesting 'priority scoring thing btw Gadget: another 'analytical' perspective . . .

picking a dance partner

Ah ha, Theres music on and there are women not dancing, just ask the closest, job done.
    Towards the end of the night troll round the dance floor looking for all the ladies who I have not spotted on the floor much.
    What could be easier

Re: picking a dance partner

Originally posted by Alfie
    Ah ha, Theres music on and there are women not dancing, just ask the closest, job done.

[snip]

What could be easier
    Are you sure that solving a few simultaneous equations and maybe doing a PhD in Physics wouldn't be more fun than this method?

Chris

picking a partner

This is dancing not rocket science. Spot one, ask and away you go. I really have not got time to fanny around annalysing posture and the dress sense of the female dancing population.
    This would be a waste of valuable boogieing time. I fry my brain all day at work. I dance to relax, and have fun, not cause my poor tired grey cells undue stress looking for a perfect partner for a specific track

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Re: picking a partner

I really have not got time to fanny around annalysing posture and the dress sense of the female dancing population.
    nice one Alfie!
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alfie
    This is dancing not rocket science. Spot one, ask and away you go.

I dance to relax, and have fun, not cause my poor tired grey cells undue stress looking for a perfect partner for a specific track

Exactly !!!

TT x

Spot one, ask and away you go. I really have not got time to fanny around annalysing posture and the dress sense of the female dancing population.
    I can tell you're a selective type of guy

and when you find your perfect partner you find out there not so perfect after a while

I do go for height

Originally posted by stewart38
    and when you find your perfect partner you find out there not so perfect after a while
    Oh dear, sounds like you've had problems !

I really have not got time to fanny around annalysing posture and the dress sense of the female dancing population.
    Oh, I do You will often find me lurking on the edge of the dance floor exclaiming "Cor, look at the dress sense on that!"

Neil

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I scan the room for the sexiest, hunkiest, dance god, dressed to kill, that smells like a dream, tanned, with white teeth flashing in my direction and hair that looks like it needs my fingers running through it..... Failing that I grab the nearest one who'l dance with me
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information