Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is happening to social services?

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What is happening to social services?

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Pah! How are we ever going to bring back wide-scale lynching with that sort of attitude?
    Vote for the Trouble sisters?

Blog Entries

yeah well all joking aside guys... lets have a look at the Dossier....

Records began when he was born March1 2006.

3 weeks after he was born, he was diagnosed with oral thrush, the first six months of his life, he was diagnosed with similar conditions such as vomiting and diarrhoea. (normal childhood illnesses) October 13th ( 7 months old) it was noted he had bruising to his head and chest.. this was explained away as he fell down the stairs. December taken to hospital, it was noted he has more bruising to his forehead, nose, sternam and right shoulder. The referred the child to the child abuse team. Police were then alerted. Four months later (dont forget, police know about this child and so do the authorities) he was admitted again to hospital with bruising to his face, swelling to the head and scratches. Mother claimed he had been pushed into a fireplace. THIS IS WHERE SOMETHING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE. The dossier continues up until his death.

Also, do you know the three of them will only get 14 years for this. 14 years.

Lynch mob... my goodness excuse me for looking for some answers here. Just for my own sanity.

With all the trauma this little life has already had, (s)he would have almost certainly had major (painful) issues as an adult.

Without a good, solid foundation of unconditional love from the early months and years, it becomes v difficult to show genuine love and caring to others (and self).

I wonder if the little chap is in a better place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I cant find any details on it but i dont think there could have been major incidents with the SS or surely this would have come up as well.
    Not necessarily. Social Services records aren't exactly in the public domain, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Pah! How are we ever going to bring back wide-scale lynching with that sort of attitude?

An Eclectic Toaster

Required reading for anyone going by the newspapers' version of this story up to now. It's long, but necessary.

A week in the death of common decency

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post
    Required reading for anyone going by the newspapers' version of this story up to now. It's long, but necessary.

Thanks for posting that. If you think the social services have "blood on their hands", please read this article.

From reading it, it seems the main contributor to the death of the child could well have been the "lodger", on the run, facing sex and abuse allegations.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

I had a text last night naming and shaming those responsible for Baby p's death. Seems they have rights to stay anonymous. Guess these people will get a few years in side then be out again under an new name and be able to have more children if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    I had a text last night naming and shaming those responsible for Baby p's death.
    I had that text sent to me as well. My response was to ask the person who sent it why they were spreading slander when they don't know the people personally and are just passing on what could be a vicious rumour about innocent people who just happen to live in the area.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Such media hype - its unbelievable. Theres a picture of a headstone where Baby P's ashes were spread surrounded by flowers in the Metro today, along with quotes from people about how distraught they are. Fine you may say - but the headstone is for "Baby P" - can anyone see the problem here?

I can see the problem, but there is a bigger one, and it's called HYSTERIA.

I guess most people perceive that they live undramatic lives, so a bit of drama like this has to be seized like a bottle cork in the wake of the Titanic.

Personally I've got all the drama I can handle right now so I'm very ho-hum about the death of one toddler in Haringey.

What about the HUNDREDS of children being killed in, oh, pick one - say, Brazil's large cities, where it's the police who actually do the killing? No doubt they are less important because they are - um - further away? not white? not english?

Blog Entries

I had a text last night naming and shaming those responsible for Baby p's death.
    Yeah. I got an email about that too, I think it's doing the rounds.

Seems they have rights to stay anonymous.
    The anonymity is to protect their other two children, I believe.

Which, hopefully, we can all agree is more important than the ghoulish desire to know actual names?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    What about the HUNDREDS of children being killed in, oh, pick one - say, Brazil's large cities, where it's the police who actually do the killing?
    Or, as I said earlier, the two poor babies murdered by their mother in Manchester last week.

No doubt they are less important because they are - um - further away? not white? not english?
    I can't help wondering whether the fact that Baby P was white, blond, and in London, whereas those two babies were black and in Manchester, is significant.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    I can't help wondering whether the fact that Baby P was white, blond, and in London, whereas those two babies were black and in Manchester, is significant.
    Doubt it. Its just been "pushed" less by the media. I didnt even realise Baby P was London to be honest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Doubt it. Its just been "pushed" less by the media. I didnt even realise Baby P was London to be honest.
    Blimey, doesn't everyone know every single borough in London off by heart? You heathen, you.

Or, as I said earlier, the two poor babies murdered by their mother in Manchester last week.
    Manchester?

Where in London is that then?

What about the HUNDREDS of children being killed in, oh, pick one - say, Brazil's large cities, where it's the police who actually do the killing? No doubt they are less important because they are - um - further away? not white? not english?
    That's not the point Barry.

What about all the HUNDREDS of children in this country who aren't being killed? You're focussing on the death of one toddler and not thinking about the bigger picture. How many other baby "P's" are there out there that social services are failing?

Did you know that Victoria Climbie lived 2 streets away from Baby "P"? They say lessons were learnt after Victoria died. Hmmm.

An Eclectic Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart M View Post

Thanks for posting that. If you think the social services have "blood on their hands", please read this article.

From reading it, it seems the main contributor to the death of the child could well have been the "lodger", on the run, facing sex and abuse allegations.
    I don't have a great excuse for replying - I just felt I ought to repost the link, because it does show (among other stuff) what a shower of effing morons the journalists of this country are. I was shocked that the hyperbole about this story was coming from the supposed "quality" newspapers as much as the tabloids - indeed, perhaps more so to help reinforce the middle-class self-righteousness of their average reader. For example (from the article):
    As a result, what has appearing routinely in the media is the suggestion that Baby P was subjected to a serious and sustained level of abuse over a period of months prior to his death - the Daily Telegraph headed up one its articles with the claim that

“Baby P was used “as a punchbag” during eight months of abuse”

while The Times upped the ante by claiming that Baby P after…

“17 months enduring abuse of an almost unimaginable cruelty…”

That last statement will surely be news to the child’s natural father, who lived in the family home for the first three of those 17 months according to The Times - or maybe its five to six months, which is what it states in Haringey’s serious case review, which also points to ‘limited efforts made by professionals to involve child A’s father in the early period of intervention’ as one of the shortcoming’s identified, with hindsight, in their own handling of the case.
    I think most folk can see the sensationalising "spin" which the Times and Telegraph journalists have indulged in here.

Yes, tragic case and all that. As with every such case, Social Services will ask themselves the questions, and be asked them by others. But it will help everyone, if the people who don't have a sodding clue how difficult Social Work actually is, don't sit on internet forums screaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Maud Flanders
    Won't somebody please think of the children

Blimey, doesn't everyone know every single borough in London off by heart? You heathen, you.
    Oi!!! Who are you calling a heaten!! .... that'd be me, that would!!!!

I'm the only heathen in the (global) village!! lol

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I thought Heathen was just next to Hampstead?

Thread Information