Thread: Selling Weekender Tickets - Protocol

Selling Weekender Tickets - Protocol

I am sure there are 'Weekender Ticket Touts' - or females who book with 'unknown' man just to get a chalet and sell ticket later etc etc.

I quite like the idea of having a Message Board from the organiser - but also feel that tickets should be sold WITH accomodation

But if not .......................

• How much - full price or reduced ??
    • With Accomodation ?
    • Without Accomodation ?
    • Should we accomodate 'ticket only' people without charge ?
    • How do they pay ?
    • etc
    • etc

Personally I have had a couple of bad experiences trying to help people out (at my own expense)

How and what is the best way ????

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Selling Weekender Tickets - Protocol

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    How and what is the best way ????
    I don't know but I think its a good topic!

I wanted a ticket for Bliss (I've got one now thankfully and at a very reasonable price ) but I have seen and heard of some people, who quite frankly, seem to be taking the p

This ad's on the Bliss message board

Gender female
    My friend dropped out due to injury in the last minute and I have accommodation for 1 single lady in a classic chalet (2 people sharing) available at £100 (no wristband). If you are happy with the sofa bed in the living area, please call ************

So, you've got no wristband and your on the sofa bed of a classic, for £100 ... and who's got the wrist band of the friend who dropped out then
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I don't know but I think its a good topic!

I wanted a ticket for Bliss (I've got one now thankfully and at a very reasonable price ) but I have seen and heard of some people, who quite frankly, seem to be taking the p

This ad's on the Bliss message board

Gender female
    My friend dropped out due to injury in the last minute and I have accommodation for 1 single lady in a classic chalet (2 people sharing) available at £100 (no wristband). If you are happy with the sofa bed in the living area, please call ************

So, you've got no wristband and your on the sofa bed of a classic, for £100 ... and who's got the wrist band of the friend who dropped out then
    No wrist band - No cigar ie You can't get into any of the dances without a wrist band, no point in really buying this ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    No wrist band - No cigar ie You can't get into any of the dances without a wrist band, no point in really buying this ticket
    Unless you're just going there to pull

Really, I am amazed the demand for Bliss has been so high. I suppose a November Camber is about as traditional as an MJ weekender gets and there's a high concentration of dancers for whom Camber is the most convenient location but am still surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Really, I am amazed the demand for Bliss has been so high. I suppose a November Camber is about as traditional as an MJ weekender gets and there's a high concentration of dancers for whom Camber is the most convenient location but am still surprised.
    Me too - looking at the message boards, there's been a hell of a lot of people looking for spare tickets, something I've not seen for any of the other ceroc weekenders. Probably as it's one of the last weekenders of the year.

It'll be interesting to read the (luvvie ) reviews next week - I hope for those who are going, it's holds up to the hype

For me, unfortunately, I've already used my allocation of brownie points for the year... I better start earning for 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    What is the problem ?. As long as the buyer knows what they're getting (as in has a wristband w/o accomodaton) it may be a worthwhile trade for someone

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    It'll be interesting to read the (luvvie ) reviews next week - I hope for those who are going, it's holds up to the hype
    What hype ? I don't think Ceroc has hyped it, any differently from any other weekend. From the schedule, it looks very similar to the previous Camber weekenders this year.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    What hype ? I don't think Ceroc has hyped it, any differently from any other weekend. From the schedule, it looks very similar to the previous Camber weekenders this year.
    Only that it seems like loads of people have been trying to get wristbands so it is feeling like a "must-do" event

The Forum Legend

What is the problem ?. As long as the buyer knows what they're getting (as in has a wristband w/o accomodaton) it may be a worthwhile trade for someone
    Well, as in presumably they will have already had to have paid to get a wristband (that should have come with accomodation), and now have to pay for the accomodation (that should have come with a wristband).

Basically, they're being asked to pay £100 for 3 nights in a self-catering Butlins chalet, sharing with someone they don't know, sleeping on the sofa bed.

Could probably get a room in a reasonable B&B locally for that price, with a room, bed, and breakfast.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Really, I am amazed the demand for Bliss has been so high.
    Has it, though? Or is it just because a few forumites have raised it as an issue?

I mean, to be honest, considering there are four MJ weekenders on this weekend - including 3 in the Southeast - it seems difficult to believe this one's got anything special about it.

It's a Camber Ceroc weekender. No "theme", no competitions. I really don't think it's a big deal.

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Has it, though?
    Well according to the website it's sold out.
    I mean, to be honest, considering there are four MJ weekenders on this weekend - including 3 in the Southeast - it seems difficult to believe this one's got anything special about it.

It's a Camber Ceroc weekender. No "theme", no competitions. I really don't think it's a big deal.
    Exactly - no big selling points, lots of competing events at the same time, it's in chilly Pontins chalets in November, and still it's sold out. Why?

Contrast that with Breeze which, didn't seem to sell nearly so fast, even though it did get advertised with the special features.
    Love dance, will travel

I mean, to be honest, considering there are four MJ weekenders on this weekend - including 3 in the Southeast
    3 in the SE? I'm aware of 3 other weekenders this weekend, but they are Torquay?, Scarborough, and Weymouth. None of those are SE - am I missing something? Are there in fact 6 weekenders on?

Whatever though, as you say it's a 'nothing special' type of weekender at Camber this time, yet they've sold out of 1700 tickets! Is the market growing substantially perhaps? Dunno

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    3 in the SE? I'm aware of 3 other weekenders this weekend, but they are Torquay?, Scarborough, and Weymouth. None of those are SE - am I missing something? Are there in fact 6 weekenders on?
    Warmwell, also?

Yes, sorry, should have said "South" not "Southeast".

Whatever though, as you say it's a 'nothing special' type of weekender at Camber this time, yet they've sold out of 1700 tickets! Is the market growing substantially perhaps? Dunno
    Well, let's hope so.

Warmwell, also?
    No, I meant Warmwell - I just call it Weymouth for ease of Geographical reference

Yes, sorry, should have said "South" not "Southeast".

Ah right - just thought that you might have known of other weekenders that I didn't

Sorry Minnie - thread hijacking ends
    Last edited by Gojive; 7th-November-2008 at 10:58 PM. Reason: missing a quote or two

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp View Post
    Well, as in presumably they will have already had to have paid to get a wristband (that should have come with accomodation), and now have to pay for the accomodation (that should have come with a wristband).

Basically, they're being asked to pay £100 for 3 nights in a self-catering Butlins chalet, sharing with someone they don't know, sleeping on the sofa bed.

Could probably get a room in a reasonable B&B locally for that price, with a room, bed, and breakfast.
    Well it did come with accomodation, but that doesn't mean it necessarily should. Separating the parts, does potentially allow more people to go.

If I wanted to go and didn't have a ticket I'd prefer to have the option to buy at an inflated price, rather than to not to have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    Only that it seems like loads of people have been trying to get wristbands so it is feeling like a "must-do" event
    Fair enough. It will be interesting to see if excess demand, makes a difference to an essentially unchanged event.

None of those are SE ...

South vs South East probably really matters.

I think last year there were 2 South East Camber weekenders in the second half of the year. This year only one. If you consider the main cachement area to be South London/Surrey/Sussex/Kent any other location looks a long way away.

The Forum Legend

Well it did come with accomodation, but that doesn't mean it necessarily should. Separating the parts, does potentially allow more people to go.
    Well, not really. Cos you need a wristband to get into any of the dancing or workshops. So, you can come and stay in a chalet in wet and windy Camber Sands. But you can't do any dancing. Doesn't seem like much fun to me!

I can understand that someone may want to sell a ticket and not want to share with the random person buying it. So, for someone who has friends that they can share with, buying a wristband is reasonable.

I'm not sure that I could imagine paying twice, once for the wristband, and then again for the accomodation. Those, I suppose for someone with the money, and the desire to come that much, it's possible that it happens.

I still think that £100 for the accomodation, without the wristband, is rather over-priced, which was my original point. Especially if they've already sold the wristband to someone else. I guess that if it works, you could make a tidy profit. I've heard of ticket touts for music and sport events, but for a Ceroc weekender?

Has it, though? Or is it just because a few forumites have raised it as an issue?

Well I had 8 e-mails in one day when I had a spare female ticket so yes there was a rush on tickets

I've mention elsewhere the 'problems' I had getting tickets and then 'deciding' as I really wanted to go , I'd get 4, needed 2. Sold the other 2 (female) but not with out incident

I think there was a 'Brean bounce' taking place, people hope Bliss would be the same ??

As Bliss was nothing special I cant see such a demand for next year but who knows ?

I dont think it can be 'regulated' it might mean people just book earlier and ceroc 'wins'.

I hope that guy who was holding out for more re his male ticket got less for it

Thread Information