Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: What Made You Frown Today

Re: What Made You Frown Today

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybunny View Post
    Flat battery this morning.
    Looks like I'm driving to Watford then tomorrow

Not necessarily. I will await the RAC man's verdict tomorrow morning.

Preferred outcome - revived battery that would benefit from a nice long run out to Watford.

Probable (expensive) outcome - brand new battery.

Getting a phone call from doctors.. after having my 4 tubes of blood taken the other day... saying "it isn't urgent but your results have come back and the doctor wants to see you... can you come tomorrow morning"... tomorrow is SATURDAY... no one goes to the GP on a saturday.. as far as i recall it is emergency surgery hours only.... hopefully it will just be to tell me that i am deficient in summat but kind of unnerving when i make such phone calls to patients and know the terminology.....

Having a daaaance disaaaastaaaa daaarling

I thought the washing machine had finished washing my shirts for tonight's Xmas party dance,and opened the door.....and the water gushed out! Stupid thing was filling up still, and the door lock wasn't working

PS Good luck Caz, hope everything is OK for you at the Doc's

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybunny View Post
    Not necessarily. I will await the RAC man's verdict tomorrow morning.

Preferred outcome - revived battery that would benefit from a nice long run out to Watford.

Probable (expensive) outcome - brand new battery.
    You might just need to top up the water in the battery.
    But use distilled water. (like you put in the iron)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    PS Good luck Caz, hope everything is OK for you at the Doc's

Thanx guys..update is that I have some kind of special anaemia so need tablets to replace my B12 levels as my body can't absorb it or summat... explains the tiredness.... got to be repeated in 4 weeks.. more worryingly is that my thyroid hormone is producing too much (double the amount apparently) so I may need medication for that.. apparently that can make you a bit hyperactive (but i like being hyper.... I can't imagine me being "normal"...)... got to be re tested again tho... yuk.. more needles.... :sulk:

but I am okay.....so thank you

Something that made me frown (actually, it made me bloody furious!) over the weekend:

I've been selling my ceramics at a stall in a shopping centre in Dundee this weekend, sharing it with a friend, and doing a few hours each every day. On Saturday I phoned my friend to ask her if a particular piece was still there (ie not sold), because I'd decided to give it as a present to a certain poor forumite who's currently in hospital.

My friend told me none of those particular pieces had sold yet, but was a bit confused as to exactly which one it was that I meant, as my description didn't really fit any of the work on display. No wonder - the piece was actually not there, some b*gger had stolen it!!!

Awww, sorry to hear that, LM

What made me frown today? Having to leave my doggy at the kennels so I can go home for x-mas. I wish he could go too!

This is will make me frown tomorrow and just make me

Im working 1pm-1am tomorrow (with a 2 hour break) - i HATE retail!!! I can't wait to leave for hopefully a better proper decent job

Just hope no-one attempts to wind me up even if its a joke because they just won't like me after i rip their head off

This story in the Cambridge Evening News

Not a comedy story by any stretch of imagination but I can't get the thought of the fella who intervened trying to run a dog over with his van out of my mind.

When I was a kid, me and a couple of friends were trapped on the back of a coal delivery lorry because a psycho dog wouldn't let us down.

And then as a teenager delivering the local paper at Xmas time I got my arse nipped by a crazy alsatian kept by a couple at the top of our road - not much of a bonus

someone being murdered in doncaster over the weekend... pretty nasty.. a lass about 28 they reckon.. maybe prostitute cos of area was found in but still no one deserves that...

also having to get another emergency appointment at doctors (after being told on phone that i wud have to wait until after xmas) but went in and explained to receptionist that i needed to see someone today....getting called back when halfway home to go back "immediately".... having an allergic reaction to the tablets the GP put me on.. i am now officially allergic to vitamins lol.... oh well.. now on steroids to counteract allergy... taken 2 antihistamines today already... and i am still (just) awake... feet in bits... all swollen and red and itchy, spreading up legs... :sulks:

hmpf..

The Fact that my alarm clock for the deaf decided to break today, and i had to order new one and it doesnt come until after 2nd January!! Had to make a pleading call to my local deaf club to borrow an alarm clock that they use for demos until my new one comes.

That is bad thing about being deaf, you cant just walk in any shop and buy new alarm clock, you have to order it from a specific company which is expensive but you need it!!

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    When I was a kid, me and a couple of friends were trapped on the back of a coal delivery lorry because a psycho dog wouldn't let us down.

And then as a teenager delivering the local paper at Xmas time I got my arse nipped by a crazy alsatian kept by a couple at the top of our road - not much of a bonus
    I got nipped by a small yappy dog when i was doing Xmas post one year.

I was shocked as dogs usually like me, otherwise I would have not gone up the bath.

it waited till I bent down to post letters in one of those very low letter boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky_Cat View Post
    The Fact that my alarm clock for the deaf decided to break today, and i had to order new one and it doesnt come until after 2nd January!! Had to make a pleading call to my local deaf club to borrow an alarm clock that they use for demos until my new one comes.

That is bad thing about being deaf, you cant just walk in any shop and buy new alarm clock, you have to order it from a specific company which is expensive but you need it!!
    I use a mobile with a very strong vibrating alarm. (nokia)
    Put it under my pillow.
    I find those special clocks useless.

Waiting for my daughter to get home don't normally wait up but too many drunks on the road tonight.............things we do huh!

.......at least I can keep myself amused on here

1. getting home from work at 0230 knowing I have to get up again for work at 9 am

2. driving to work only to find out Mrs par hasn't put any petrol in her car for weeks.... couldn't find an open petrol station and the fumes just managed to get me to work........ but I still have to get home

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    1. getting home from work at 0230 knowing I have to get up again for work at 9 am

2. driving to work only to find out Mrs par hasn't put any petrol in her car for weeks.... couldn't find an open petrol station and the fumes just managed to get me to work........ but I still have to get home
    Damn, that's a real bummer - hope someone can give you a lift back home.

Just sitting here, quietly freaking out...Got 6 days left before I start work in London. Don't know the ceroc venues down there, don't really know anyone. Going to miss all my Worcestershire friends..Feel I'm starting all over again. I know I'll be ok, just, well, confidence not my strong point....

Quote Originally Posted by Rogboy View Post
    Just sitting here, quietly freaking out...Got 6 days left before I start work in London. Don't know the ceroc venues down there, don't really know anyone. Going to miss all my Worcestershire friends..Feel I'm starting all over again. I know I'll be ok, just, well, confidence not my strong point....

dont go then sorry i couldnt come for the curry i carnt face you going i dont want to say bye tonight ok ill just go or you can just go or you will start me all over again

Quote Originally Posted by sway View Post
    dont go then sorry i couldnt come for the curry i carnt face you going i dont want to say bye tonight ok ill just go or you can just go or you will start me all over again
    I won't say the ''G'' word to you...

still having no voice! i am such a talkative person... i need to talk!!

Thread Information