There used to be a Ceroc Mag. It was quality glossy printing and probably seen as too expensive for results achieved.

I helped Phil Roberts with the Ceroc Central database before it was converted into the Franchise version. I at last managed to get a table of postal areas and coordinates from the Internet and complete an old project to see how distance of a member from a venue affected the number of visits per member. I thought that CC was not doing enough neighbourhood advertising, shop windows etc. I thought that neighbourhood members might be more regular.

The results were amazing. I was so wrong. The number of visits per CC member is very consistent almost regardless of distance. The distances represented are very large, far beyond franchise size, even one as big as CC. We all know how far forumites travel, we are far from exceptional.

It is evident that Cerocers travel far outside franchise boundaries. It therefore seems likely that we are losing business by not promoting venues and events outside franchise boundaries enough. There is not even a link to neighbouring franchises on the CC website.

It would seem that a quarterly Ceroc mag containing a list of all venues and events in the country would result in more business for all. It could contain beginners tips. It could be distributed free to doctors and dentists. It could be sold.