Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever dressed inappropriately for work?

Cool Have you ever dressed inappropriately for work?

So I went out with Genevieve last night to our regular rock n roll night, and carefully packed all my clothes for work, because I was staying over......All, except for my Safety shoes.
    As a result I've had to come to work this morning in my 'black and whites!' Nobody accepts that it is a genuine mistake, they think I'm attention seeking because it's my birthday!! and it doesn't help because I'm wearing a black shirt and pink tie!

Now everybody is calling me Al Capone and making gangster jokes

Luckily my work is mainly office-based, so I can hide away for most of the day, but word has started to spread - Now I wish I'd bought my trilby and violin case!!

So I wondered, has anyone else made such a silly mistake!!

Re: Have you ever dressed inappropriately for work?

I'm wetting myself.........I knew it would happen!

You poor thing, do you have the limelight at last??

You didn't have to make a complete meal of it with that rendition of 'Fat Sam's Grand Slam' you know

Yup

Travelled down to Exeter the night before a work meeting to go dancing and forgot to pack my work clothes for the next day

Luckily I had my jeans with me but it could have been quite a bit more embarassing

Blog Entries

Oh ive done loads of silly things like that. Been to work in odd shoes... getting dressed in dark does things like that. Travelled to london by train not realising that i had mascara all over bottom of my eyes where i had sneezed and it was still wet. Thought i was getting a lot of admiring looks until i got to my clients and a mirror.

Black underwear under a white blouse... i do that a lot as most of my underwear is black. Really tacky and most annoying but i put my underwear on and then decide what to wear. I should change that order really.

ive put natural colour stockings on one leg and black on the other..... once i did that.. wot a nightmare.

I have been out several times with odd earings and once I put eyeshadow on one eye but not the other!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Oh ive done loads of silly things like that. Been to work in odd shoes... getting dressed in dark does things like that. Travelled to london by train not realising that i had mascara all over bottom of my eyes where i had sneezed and it was still wet. Thought i was getting a lot of admiring looks until i got to my clients and a mirror.

Black underwear under a white blouse... i do that a lot as most of my underwear is black. Really tacky and most annoying but i put my underwear on and then decide what to wear. I should change that order really.

ive put natural colour stockings on one leg and black on the other..... once i did that.. wot a nightmare.
    I'm perhaps not quite that bad but am pretty similar in that I get dressed in near darkness and only ever give myself 10 minutes between getting out of bed and getting into the car. I also use the blowers in the car to dry my hair on the way to work, so I usually arrive looking incredibly wierd and wind-swept.

There have also been a few times when I've only learnt at lunchtime that I've just done half my makeup, or my skirt is inside out. Amazing no-one says anything! Or - the one that makes Marc laugh the most - when I put my knickers on sideways - leg through the waist hole and then wonder why my morning is so uncomfortable!
    R.

You mean like Superman?....underwear on the outside instead?

I remember on one occassion I had organised a day at the office where I had put time aside to get my filing done and paperwork up to date. I wasn't seeing anyone that day so decided to put an old pair of leggings, and a scruffy but comfy jumper on, no make up and unwashed hair just scrunched up in a pony tail.

At around two oclock in the afternoon I got a call from a solicitor to tell me to meet him at Court because a child who had been missing had turned up, but we needed to apply for a Recovery Order. I was motified, sat sitting in a corridor in court looking a proper Aunt Sally, getting really funny looks from people turning up to court dressed like that. In the end none of the actual courts were free and we had to meet the Magistrates in their coffee lounge and apologise for my inappropriate attire at court.

Never again, I decided that my lippy will always stay in my hand bag after that.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

I've done that, but mine has been a black stocking and a navy one. So note to self after that is put the light on when getting dressed on a dark morning.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Have only done it once mind you - think I changed my mind half way through getting dressed as to what to wear. Problem was, I had a job interview later that day, so I went rushing down to M&S at lunchtime to either buy a new top or new bra!

Does this thread only apply to the female sex,because us men never do that,we dont wear enough clothes to get it wrong, pants,socks,shoes,shirt,tie,and a bloody suit...job done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    Does this thread only apply to the female sex,because us men never do that,we dont wear enough clothes to get it wrong, pants,socks,shoes,shirt,tie,and a bloody suit...job done
    ERRRR HELLO!!!

phone call received last Tuesday"
    Scarface.. you never guess what ive done this morning
    Trouble.. what you done?
    Scarface.. Ive only gone and worn the wrong jacket with my suit trousers
    Trouble.. Never..
    Scarface.. yeah luckily ive got my overcoat on all day so nobody will notice.

CASE RESTED.

ERRRR HELLO!!!

phone call received last Tuesday"
    Scarface.. you never guess what ive done this morning
    Trouble.. what you done?
    Scarface.. Ive only gone and worn the wrong jacket with my suit trousers
    Trouble.. Never..
    Scarface.. yeah luckily ive got my overcoat on all day so nobody will notice.

CASE RESTED.
    forgot about that

We were doing a spoof video at work one day, and I was dressed up in full equestrian attire, including whip and spurs...
    Only thing is, I'd forgotten the bag with my reg workclothes at home that morning...
    Yeah, that was fun after lunch....

only thing I have done other than the usual of odd socks, pants inside out etc.. is wear my t-shirt inside out all day til someone pointed it out to me at lunchtime! luckily for me i hang most of my clothes up inside out (yeh weird i know) so i put them on the right way.. cos i dress weirdly.. i dont have the trouble of stockings etc.. that would mean wearing a skirt to work and my work mates might keel over if they saw me in a skirt!!!

Recently I spent the entired time "on the door" at the Watford Twisted for the Utopia team, wearing my top "inside-out" and "back to front "

Not only did no one notice, but a couple of people even remarked how nice my top was

I only noticed when I got ready for dancing

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

The only thing like that I've done is worn blue trousers to work instead of black ones - which would be fine if I didn't have to wear a black suit as the company uniform...

Mufti days at school were always entertaining, there was bound to be one poor soul who forgot and came in in their uniform - a couple of times people got it the other way round and turned up in random clothes on uniform days.

I walked around Tescos for an hour on Sunday with a peg attached to my cardigan. No one told me. Kids thought it was funny though.

I did go to work once with two left shoes on. They were both black but were totally different styles. you'd have thought I would have noticed they didn't match.. you'd have thought I'd definitely noticed one foot was a little "pinched" but I didn't

It's fun living in Beoworld.. but I really must visit reality more often

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I did go to work once with two left shoes on. They were both black but were totally different styles. you'd have thought I would have noticed they didn't match.. you'd have thought I'd definitely noticed one foot was a little "pinched" but I didn't

It's fun living in Beoworld.. but I really must visit reality more often
    Just like the man with two left feet, who bought a pair of 'flip flips'

Thread Information