Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Perfect Dance

Re: The Perfect Dance

I'm in two different minds about this one. On one hand, I can sometimes have a dance where I think 'Right, I can just go home now, that was so perfect that if I have another dance, I'll ruin it!'. On the other hand, it's sooooo tempting to continue dancing with that same partner, even though I know deep down that the next dance is bound to be a bit of a disappointment - there's no way I can have two absolutely perfect dances in a row!

These dances are rare. I still remember one particular dance I had at Blaze II where absolutely everything 'clicked'. The music was right, the connection was perfect, and both my partner and myself just lost ourselves in the music. When the track stopped, it was a bit like waking from a trance. I really wanted it to continue, my partner didn't want another dance, as he was sure the next one could never be as perfect. He was right. We did have another dance later that evening, and although it was still a really good dance, it wasn't in the same league as that first one.

is this the thread where i say every dance with me would be the perfect dance for whoever i am dancing with

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    is this the thread where i say every dance with me would be the perfect dance for whoever i am dancing with
    No, it's the one where you laugh at your own jokes

Well, I generally never follow up my most memorable dances with a request for another since invariably those dances result in me needing time away from the floor to, ahem, allow the swelling to subside Having said that, I can't remember the last time this happened. WCS must be bad for the circulation

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Well, I generally never follow up my most memorable dances with a request for another since invariably those dances result in me needing time away from the floor to, ahem, allow the swelling to subside
    For me, it would be because she would have done a runner if that'd happend!

Ups and downs of dancing apart, I'd always look for another dance if I'd had a 'perfect' one - you never know, the next one might be even more perfect (plus I'm a greedy sod when it comes to wanting more of a good thing )

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Well, I generally never follow up my most memorable dances with a request for another since invariably those dances result in me needing time away from the floor to, ahem, allow the swelling to subside
    Surely it cannot be that perfect if she trod on your foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Surely it cannot be that perfect if she trod on your foot?
    A foot? That's nearly 12 inches long

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    12 inches surely you wouldnt use that as a rule

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I love to dance with dancers I don’t know because you just don’t know what you’re going to get and it could just be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    I cant wait for the day iam good enough to have a perect dance

Be sure that when it happens i will let you all know

Scarface out x
    I had perfect dances as a beginner.
    It's all relative.
    Won't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    These dances are rare. I still remember one particular dance I had at Blaze II where absolutely everything 'clicked'. The music was right, the connection was perfect, and both my partner and myself just lost ourselves in the music. When the track stopped, it was a bit like waking from a trance.
    It's when you are able to slip inside the music instead of plodding along beside it. That's what causes the trance effect.

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    12 inches surely you wouldnt use that as a rule
    Yes I wood - straight up, honest Guv!

Yes I wood - straight up, honest Guv!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    What is a perfect dance...??

Ive had some great dances.... breathtaking, gorgeous and absolutely to die for is that the same.??
    Agree with Trouble, Jay Jay, Caz, Lory ....

The irony is that "perfect" is often used as a measure - a dance competition or where a couple is practicising their moves, so focus is equally or arguably greater on technicalities of the dance in addition to the chemistry. In the context of this thread though, I think we are talking more about the chemisty, and perfect will be as Trouble describes (un-measurable)....

I've had memorable dances (where less was definately more ), perfect dance-nights and been to perfect venues and in the context of this thread, the empathy felt towards your perfect partner, the lovey-doveyness, the magic, the sensual take my breath away moments experienced during a dance, the connection, those subtle leads/moves that create big illusions ..... if it happens, why leave it at one if you can prolong the experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Obviously it doesn't count if it is with a regular partner.
    Hmm, I must be missing a point, why would it not count?

Bibi

Quote Originally Posted by Bibi View Post
    Agree with Trouble, Jay Jay, Caz, Lory ....

The irony is that "perfect" is often used as a measure - a dance competition or where a couple is practicising their moves, so focus is equally or arguably greater on technicalities of the dance in addition to the chemistry. In the context of this thread though, I think we are talking more about the chemisty, and perfect will be as Trouble describes (un-measurable)....

I've had memorable dances (where less was definately more ), perfect dance-nights and been to perfect venues and in the context of this thread, the empathy felt towards your perfect partner, the lovey-doveyness, the magic, the sensual take my breath away moments experienced during a dance, the connection, those subtle leads/moves that create big illusions ..... if it happens, why leave it at one if you can prolong the experience?

Hmm, I must be missing a point, why would it not count?

Bibi
    It doesn't count with a regular partner because it is almost certain that you will have another dance with them however good the first one. Although recently I had a fantastic dance with someone and he asked me straight away for another - this was also excellent. Then he later (brave man) asked for a third (panic on my part!) - this turned out to be even better - so I may have to reconsider .....

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Obviously it doesn't count if it is with a regular partner.
    Depends on what you call a regular partner.....my partner doesn't dance full stop, so when I go to venues I am on my own so to speak. Having said that at each venue I have my regular favourite dancers, so I can generally guess who will be there and knowing the ones I am in 'sync' with, we will and do tend to look out for each other knowing that it works so well for both of us.

But sometimes like Maxine said earlier when someone you haven't danced with before (the element of surprise) turns out to have that 'wow' factor, as happened to me last night at Berko it just leaves you coming home with a huge smile on your face and that feeling that you can't wait for next week to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post

But sometimes like Maxine said earlier when someone you haven't danced with before (the element of surprise) turns out to have that 'wow' factor, as happened to me last night at Berko it just leaves you coming home with a huge smile on your face and that feeling that you can't wait for next week to come...
    Glad someone else has the same opinion! I thought most folk had the halloween bug - as they were a frightfully experimental, cheeky, vivacious mood - it must have been those folk visiting. What an awesome night it was! I'm still (maybe we ought to move this to the "was last night amazing for you too?")

Yes, back to the "The Perfect Dance" thread, last night was perfect and I did have a couple of perfect dances.

Bibi

Quote Originally Posted by Bibi View Post
    Glad someone else has the same opinion! I thought most folk had the halloween bug - as they were a frightfully experimental, cheeky, vivacious mood - it must have been those folk visiting. What an awesome night it was! I'm still

(maybe we ought to move this to the "was last night amazing for you too?")

Bibi
    It certainly was a good 'un

Thread Information