Thread: Ceroc central empire splits

Ceroc central empire splits

The mega franchise that is Ceroc Central will shortly be a thing of the past. It is being split up into 3 (I think) smaller franchises. The name "Ceroc Central" is being retained for the southern part of the current franchise (Bedford, Buckingham, Milton Keynes, Luton etc). The middle bit (which includes Northampton, Wellingborough, Daventry Rugby etc.) is apparently going to be called "Ceroc Passion" and I think that the northern part of the current mega franchise will be the third of the smaller franchises (if so this will presumably include places like Leicester and Nottingham).

Not sure what this will all mean for us punters. I am also not yet aware of any information regarding the why and wherefors of all this, the personalities involved, future plans, implications and so on but doubtless more will emerge over the coming weeks. Failing that we can all speculate about it here of course.

The new world order comes fully into effect from January apparently.

Re: Ceroc central empire splits

I had posted that Ceroc Central southern section had been taken over by Michaella.

AFIK (E&OE) the northern bit has been taken over by Jeff Kerr (Ceroc UK) who already runs other venues in Nottingham, Derby etc. I do not know who the franchise owner of the middle section is now. It was owned by Mike Ellard and managed by David Bradley.

Michaella and Phil Roberts had built this massive franchise starting from a class in a small back room in a pub. It shows what can be done.

I doubt the humble punter would notice any difference ...yet, but smaller units would surely benefit everybody, as long as they don't start competing with each other,(Which invariably they will - business is business!) but I would think geographically there's plenty to go around.
    Does anyone know whats happened to Ceroc Midlands - they seem to be sharing staff with Ceroc Kidderminster and the new Ceroc Shropshire now. Could this be a new harmonised Ceroc!

Quote Originally Posted by Jivejunkie View Post
    ... I would think geographically there's plenty to go around...
    I kept telling Phil Roberts places where I thought he should open new venues, based on analysis of his database. Rushden was one such, and last I heard the independent that moved into that venue was still going. There are many other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivejunkie View Post
    I doubt the humble punter would notice any difference ...yet, but smaller units would surely benefit everybody, as long as they don't start competing with each other,(Which invariably they will - business is business!)...
    That started as soon as CC was split into three administrative areas after Phil sold out.

I have not been out of Michaella's area since the split.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I had posted that Ceroc Central southern section had been taken over by Michaella.

AFIK (E&OE) the northern bit has been taken over by Jeff Kerr (Ceroc UK) who already runs other venues in Nottingham, Derby etc. I do not know who the franchise owner of the middle section is now. It was owned by Mike Ellard and managed by David Bradley.

Michaella and Phil Roberts had built this massive franchise starting from a class in a small back room in a pub. It shows what can be done.

I think u mean Jeff Kremer.. also runs Doncaster / Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    I think u mean Jeff Kremer.. also runs Doncaster / Sheffield
    I think I do too.
    Apologies.

Thread Information