Thread: Snow!

Snow!

Did it snow today where you were?

I had to travel from Shrewsbury down the M54 and then onto the M6 today, two hours to go 40 miles through the fluffy white stuff.

It was a slow crawl, but the winter wonderland feel of it was magical

Re: Snow!

Yup - snow on the M6 at Stafford travelling up to Manchester

Luckily it didn't delay me too much and it was lovely to see the countryside looking all wintry

Bloody snow....in October... *** is the world coming to...bah, humbug etc.etc.....

Nope, no snow in Glasgow

Blog Entries

Nor in Edinburgh, but the howling gales and horizontal rain finally let up, resulting in a lovely crisp clear day... so I ain't complaining!

It didn't snow today where I am but last Tuesday it was snowing heavily on the 3 Munros I climbed on the Monadhliath Mountains at the back of Newtonmore. I was walking in a steady 4" to 6" of the stuff with the occasional 8" to 12".
    I'm sure I'll be in some more of it when I'm out on Friday on the Cairngorms.
    Last edited by Brian Doolan; 14th-March-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Yep, snow.........got stuck on the M6 coming back down to Stafford from Warrington.

Santa is on his way!

Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
    Santa is on his way!
    Oh purleeeease, dear god save us from all the Santa talk . It's not even November yet. No more mentioning of the "s" word, right (or I stop feeding the baby reindeer)

Just been for my normal Tuesday night swim. It was sleeting when I left home and snowing by the time I came out of the pool.

Yep, snow up here. Rather disconcerting (and slippy) walking along white pavements with soggy dead leaves under the snow.

Mostly thawed now, but still some on my lawn. Temperature didn't get above 3C up here today.

Very pretty, if unseasonal.

No Snow here in London, however when waiting for the bus tonight something hit my head. At first I thought someone had tapped me but no one was near. Then seconds later another "thump" .. is someone thowing something at me I wondered??

No HAILSTONES !! the size of Bigga marrowfat peas .. all of a sudden the heavens opened and they came down in bucketloads. Thank heavens for the bus arriving as they Bl**dy well stung !!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    No Snow here in London, !
    Lots of snow here on the posh side!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    Did it snow today where you were?

I had to travel from Shrewsbury down the M54 and then onto the M6 today, two hours to go 40 miles through the fluffy white stuff.

It was a slow crawl, but the winter wonderland feel of it was magical
    Belfast doesn't cope well with snow, so I was glad there wasn't much today. I remember one time it taking 3 hours to go 8 miles along a main route out of Belfast when it hadn't been snowing long - and that wasn't in rush hour. Trying to go anywhere by car in rush hour when its been snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Belfast doesn't cope well with snow, so I was glad there wasn't much today. I remember one time it taking 3 hours to go 8 miles along a main route out of Belfast when it hadn't been snowing long - and that wasn't in rush hour. Trying to go anywhere by car in rush hour when its been snowing...
    The Great British Transport Network grinds to a shuddering halt at the first hint of a snowflake... Everywhere else they just get on with it although we are the country who stops trains because some leaves *might* have fallen onto the line...

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRobMan View Post
    The Great British Transport Network grinds to a shuddering halt at the first hint of a snowflake... Everywhere else they just get on with it although we are the country who stops trains because some leaves *might* have fallen onto the line...
    I think you will find that other countries have trouble when it snows as well Doesnt make the headlines but if it did some people would be whinging about other countries news being on the news. Part of the problem IMO is that roads are congested enough anyway and anything that starts causing a problem can quickly cause everything to come to a halt

Not so sure about leaves on the line. It does affect some other areas but we do seem to be badly hit. Maybe other countries have fewer trees next to the line?

Anyway, the snow in the south seems to have been the earliest since 1974 or more likely 1934. Remarkable given the mildness of recent winters that we should get snow in April and October.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    No HAILSTONES !! the size of Bigga marrowfat peas .. all of a sudden the heavens opened and they came down in bucketloads.
    Did i miss something? Was it during the day? I didn't see any hailstones although i was trapped inside at work actually for a change paying attention to customers and running around like a headless chicken, so thankful for Relentless

I haven't seen any snow lately but it'd be so romantic watching the snow cuddling upto each other with that special someone

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Taken this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Yep, we had snow in Birmingham. My friend and I had decided that we would do a little shopping in Birmingham, it was a bright sunny day so we decided to take the train into town rather than drive and pay the extortionate parking fees. Oh boy did we regret that decision, we got caught in a rather heavy snowfall and were absolutely frozen by the time we got home. However, curling up on the sofa with a fleesey throw and a big mug of hot chocolate watching the snow fall outside once we got home, made up for it!

Heavy snow but didnt settle where I was , although some cars had loads of snow on them as we went into town . So 200ft elevation made all the difference, size does matter

Around High wycombe at 11am today was picture post card stuff

Of course trains all mucked up, they only had 8 days warning

Quote Originally Posted by Jhutch View Post

Anyway, the snow in the south seems to have been the earliest since 1974 or more likely 1934. Remarkable given the mildness of recent winters that we should get snow in April and October.

1934 london and 1974 South East

Thread Information