I see that a pop star is now in trouble.

This is another one of those events which one stares at in the same way that you watch Kerry Katona on daytime TV or listen to Russell Brand on the radio. All the time you are thinking: if this was an earth tremor it would be obliterating countries...

Apparently, people who are related to victims of knife crime now believe they are entitled to be the arbiters of public taste where there is any suggestion of cutlery being used outside a dining room.

Last year, the release of Gone baby gone was allegedly delayed in the UK out of some idea of sensitivity to the Madeleine whatsername kidnapping. That's the sort of thing which is ridiculous; I remember wondering at the time if it was justified. Well since then I've watched Gone baby gone and it resembles the Portuguese situation in the same way that Prime Suspect resembles Miami Vice - not at all.

I've been made redundant recently; I think I'll start complaining every time the subject of redundancy is brought up in fictional TV programmes. It offends me, you know, and if these other people have a right not to be offended, so do I!