View Poll Results: who's going to the ball?..

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going

41 83.67%
  • I'm not

8 16.33%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Utopia Twisted Masquerade Ball

Re: Utopia Twisted Masquerade Ball

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    (and I couldn't believe the pot and kettle nature of your earlier comments re: my, ahem, extended girth when I saw you podging over the waistline of your evangelical preacher suit on Saturday )
    To be fair I was only initially having a pop at your womanly hips, you brought your 5 bellies into it. But you're right white is soooo unforgiving and one can only hold one's podge in for so long (not that I've ever clamied to be svelt)..

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    .........Gutted Scarface missed it.
    missed him too

Also missing where the beautiful 'other halves' lovely Mrs Underpar and the lovely (nearly) Mrs. Spikey Steve

I wish all three better and hope to see them on New Year's Eve

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

A few comments/ideas for improvement:

Teach the lesson in the blues room if it is blues related or alternatively offer a more upbeat tempo in the other room. I found myself just sitting there watching the lesson even though I hoped it might start earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    oh and on a final note i loved foxy's tail and had to lick it every time i saw him!!

I had a ball at the ball!

Great night's dancing - enjoyed it far more than the first one. Only had one less than good dance all night and several dances. Due to the numbers attending it was quite hard to find individuals so inevitably I missed a few. It took me ages to hunt down Ruby Red but so glad I did. It's not often you can bag the trouble sisters in one night these days but this was one of those rare exceptions - treble trouble I guess (loved it!). Hadn't seen Mel and Tonic for ages either so that was another treat. Caz was on top form - glad you made the long journey south. Memorable dances also with Liz Mccaig, Jay Jay, Batgirl, Sunny Bunny, Minnie M., Zebra Woman and several non forumites, (some familiar, some new to me).

I liked the blues room - some great tunes were played in there. The only problem was that two hours wasn't long enough and just as things were getting really warmed up it had to close which was a pity but necessary I suppose to allow the cafe to open which was certainly popular. Most of the tracks played in the main room were good - there was just the odd track which left me and some of my partners wondering why on earth it had been chosen, but on the whole the DJ's did a good job this time.

Good to have the photographer there but did find the one on the dance floor became annoying once it got really crowded. I had to take evasive action a couple of times and I saw one or two minor collisions. The flash going off in your face also got on my nerves once the dance floor got really busy. In future could photographers are asked to get off the floor after the first hour and a half to two hours of free-style rather than being there all night.

I am not a fan of fancy dress in general but I did actually quite like the masks. It's cheaper and easier than fancy dress and helped to make the event special. Good to also see so many lovely outfits from the ladies (and some of the men made an effort as well).

Well done everyone for taking on board some of the feedback from the first event and making this a night to remember.

The photographs taken on the night will be appearing on the Clifton Gould photgraphy web site very soon according to a message just added to their site (under recent events)
    Last edited by Lost Leader; 22nd-December-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: web-site has just been changed to explain what the hell is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    The photographs taken on the night will be appearing on the Clifton Gould photgraphy web site very soon according to a message just added to their site (under recent events)
    Also on Blacktiepix.com

Quote Originally Posted by tsh View Post
    stroke his tail... not lick.... ahem.... rude boy!

I am not looking forward to the pics from the door.. very dodgy one of me... ahem... oh well.. hopefully it will be too x rated for the website... and no it doesn't involve foxy's tail....

I had a great evening, enjoyed the music, the venue, the snack bar, the craic with Maxine about her satsuma's and Jivelad, well what can I say JL, you always make me smile. Really good also to catch up, chat, laugh and cuddle with people whom I only get to see normally at weekenders.

Thank you to all the lovely leaders who invited me to dance, I thoroughly enjoyed every single dance I had and I hope you all did too. One of the many highlights for me was being tagged by three men, which I found very sexy and very complimentary.
    Me being me I always leave something this time my shoes!! I would like to thank Val for her help today, and I have now found them, and also Ant who will collect them for me tomorrow.

Gutted also that Scarface wasn't there, but we did make up for it on Sunday, and our dances were worth waiting for

Last but by no means least thank you to my hosts, Trouble and Scarface, the fun started when I arrived on Friday and just continued right up to my leaving today.

Happy Christmas everyone xxx
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Pics are up! Here: http://www.cliftongould.com/utopia08/index.htm
    There are over a 1,000 shots so it'll take you while - But start by watching the initial slideshow that he has created on the opening page - it's fab!
    Last edited by Rocky; 23rd-December-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Brilliant photos! Was so sorry to miss this, but great to see the pictures. Thanks, Rocky
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Thread Information