Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secret Dancing....

Television?

Why is ther no Ceroc advertising on TV? (That I have seen). I know its expensive but you never know....

I saw a show called dancing on the street where they just filmed all of these average everyday people dancing and there were some cerocers (or similar) on there....

Originally posted by linda
    Great idea Sheena!

The MAd crew and some more of the lovelies from Dundee would be glad to give you moral support James

Maybe we could do a routine like we did for Franck's birthday I think that would get their attention, don't you??

Linda
    Great idea Linda... I'll selflessly volunteer to do Franck's bit....

James..x

Originally posted by DavidB
    I think bigdjiver has a point. But how many people actually see any Ceroc advertising before coming along for the first time? It still seems predominantly word-of-mouth that keeps the beginners coming.
    You sorta made my point, How often is word of mouth from a V&L type? In our area the V&L image is on the posters and flyers. The flyers work are given out at busks. I have not met a "saw the poster" inductee, although there are not too many posters around.

... the last thing we need is promotional material that even hints at "come to Ceroc and you can look as awful as this", or "the most you can hope for is this friendly village hall"

[/B]

I show people the DWAS (lucky dip) from the Le Jive champs video. Along with Jack & Jill Public there is Rena in the midst of it showing what modern jive can be.

Originally posted by Jive Brummie
    Great idea Linda... I'll selflessly volunteer to do Franck's bit....

James..x
    Does that mean you'll wear a kilt too? And if so will you be a true Scotsman?

Linda

Originally posted by linda
    Does that mean you'll wear a kilt too? And if so will you be a true Scotsman?

Linda
    ..........er.... no, and...............no!!

J..

To get back to James's original comments. I think that James is experiencing a very obvious display of the UK 'macho male' attitude to dancing.
    Just compare it to the Euro male attitude to dancing or South America where men seem to have a very different mind-set and have realised how very attractive it is to us girls to have a man who can dance!
    Isn't time to educate these beer swilling Neanderthals that dancing isn't a threat to their manhood!
    After all look at the Aussies and our own dear James, you just don't get any more macho than that!

Linda

(the quiet one)

B.T.C.
    Thankfully I don't have to put up with any of the negative comments James faces.

Most of my colleagues know I dance and quite frequently I'll be asked how it's going and if I'm off anywhere. Of course a few might be saying things privately but a few have come along to try Ceroc so they know what it's about.

Even some of the students know and they seem either interested or mildly surprised.

Adult men are just the same as boys (and many girls) in as much as they may be quite pleasant on their own but as soon as there's a group they take on the heard mentality and do/say things they'd never so on their own.

Keep up the good work James - its their loss.

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    A moment of silent contemplation please - the thought of James in a kilt.............................................. ...................................

*happy sigh*

Originally posted by Forte
    Are they? Sorry... It's genetic...
    I've been giving the male lead a go in the beginners classes lately and the men on either side of me ALWAYS make a comment such as pointed looking at my chest, then at their own and saying..."you don't look like any man I'VE ever seen" Well thank God for small mercies (or large ones, come to that.... )

Commercial Operator
    Originally posted by Bardsey
    you don't look like any man I'VE ever seen"
    SNAP

Originally posted by Andy McGregor
    SNAP

Originally posted by Emma
    A moment of silent contemplation please - the thought of James in a kilt.............................................. ...................................

*happy sigh*

Steady on tiger.....

:sorry

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Horsey Dude:
    I saw a show called dancing on the street
    Where did you see the show, HD (and can you remember when)? A few of us from London danced for the camera crew over the space of a couple of weeks, but I never saw when it was on. I'd love to see the finished show (and see which of us actually made the final cut).

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Originally posted by Jive Brummie
    Steady on tiger.....

:sorry
    Sorry James......it was irresistable!

I have my own building company, when I first got into Ceroc I was employing over 30 builders - sweet little chaps - needless to say I suffered until I went for a drink with them,
    Four very nice young ladies walked into the bar and the builders heads were turned in a predictable way.

These girls were all dancers, they walked over to me lots of hugs etc. typical dancer greeting - The men's look was precious then dropped jaws all round when they played a slow danceable track and I had a blues dance with two of the ladies.

All has been ok ever since

Hey Jive Brummie. I've never been hassled at any workplace about dancing. Ever. In 10 years.

If someone even brings up the topic of dancing in an even oblique manner, such as "I like that song just now", (close enough), then they get 5 minutes from me of the benefits, health, fitness, social, fun, of going to ceroc/jive, an introduction to their local teacher, a timetable with the best classes for them circled, an introduction to a partner of the opposite sex, cute, who would go with them, and an offer to accompany them to their first class. If they are into rugby or soccer, it will improve their co-ordination and speed of their footwork. Get the message, I won't shut up.

They don't like it? Objections of any sort are irrelevant, because they haven't been yet so they are not qualified to have an opinion. Yes I will stop hassling you if you go at least once. I get them alone because they are weaker that way. They also become quite scared of the issue.

If they have been at least once then they aren't in any position to hassle you.

Deal with Macho attitude with Macho attack.
    100% of people confronted alone and hassled to death will at least say "yes I could consider going along one day" in order to escape. They are now weak. In a group attack situation like you describe I would turn to the people I have gotten a 'consider' from and say "actually X and Y are going to come along some time". Instant attack collapse.

If I hear an ABBA track start up it reminds me that I haven't tried to get them along to dancing for ages and I turn to them and get the word in first. They start avoiding me whenever they hear ABBA being played.
    Last edited by JamesGeary; 24th-November-2003 at 11:35 AM.

Originally posted by bigdjiver
    You sorta made my point, How often is word of mouth from a V&L type? In our area the V&L image is on the posters and flyers. The flyers work are given out at busks. I have not met a "saw the poster" inductee, although there are not too many posters around.
    I've not met a 'saw the poster' coca-cola drinker either. I imagine in both cases it still has an affect mind you.

Originally posted by JamesGeary
    I've not met a 'saw the poster' coca-cola drinker either. I imagine in both cases it still has an affect mind you.
    I do not doubt that it is effective, just what effect?

Have you never seen a poster that puts you off a product?

I admire your positive approach to Ceroc promotion. I am the same. The last attempted recruitment was a workman in our house who used to rock and roll jive. I preloaded the video at the DWAS clip, as I do, and left it for him to peruse. Unsupervised he fast forwarded in error (he was that sort of workman) and got a clip of superb fast Lindy in a championship final. He fast forwarded again to the aerials final. No sale.

BTW: I try and promote Ceroc on other forums:

> Well, I know Xerox machines, but what is Ceroc?

It is where you try and copy the dance teacher.
    Last edited by bigdjiver; 24th-November-2003 at 12:39 PM.

Originally posted by Divissima
    Where did you see the show, HD (and can you remember when)? A few of us from London danced for the camera crew over the space of a couple of weeks, but I never saw when it was on. I'd love to see the finished show (and see which of us actually made the final cut).
    It was two couples on the footpath in a fairly open area...... thats about all I remember. i am not sure when I saw the show.....

Thread Information