Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blush (Cerocport) - The Official Line Up

Re: Blush (Cerocport) - The Official Line Up

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    So... line-up... any other goss?

Any news on the DJ front?

So are you going to tell them all your future weekender plans then? Do you think everyone who's on good terms with John and Wes should tell them? Or is your relationship special in some way?

I'm sorry, I can see Andy's point, he's a teacher, but you're a normal punter, so why is it important to tell people? Unless you have a commercial relationship with either of them - are you teaching the snake?

I wasted all my time learning to spell

Seriously, I don't see why it's good manners to specifically ring someone up and tell them that you're going to a competitor's weekender? I mean, you know, so are 1,500 others, many of whom no doubt will also be friends to J&W.
    well david I can't be botherd to give you a reply to this as I suppose you will delite it and neg rep me again, funny I would have thought a bit of infraction as well ? I hope your power gives you all you desire and having a patetic did at my spelling make you feel good.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fletch, are you trying to sabotage this thread? Because you're doing a damn good job of it, if you're not.

Commercial Operator

Why?

Should we all ring John and Wes to tell them where we're going then?
    So are you going to tell them all your future weekender plans then? Do you think everyone who's on good terms with John and Wes should tell them? Or is your relationship special in some way?

I'm sorry, I can see Andy's point, he's a teacher, but you're a normal punter, so why is it important to tell people? Unless you have a commercial relationship with either of them - are you teaching the snake?

I wasted all my time learning to spell

Seriously, I don't see why it's good manners to specifically ring someone up and tell them that you're going to a competitor's weekender? I mean, you know, so are 1,500 others, many of whom no doubt will also be friends to J&W.
    Well, both myself and DS thought it was a bit strange, that's all.

And yes, also a bit unusual to publicly announce it...
    I went to the gym at lunchtime, does that help?
    Fletch, are you trying to sabotage this thread? Because you're doing a damn good job of it, if you're not.
    An here we have the 2008 Ceroc Scotland Forum Carbonated and Miscoloured Kitchenware Award goes to Mr David Whatever He's Calling Himself This Month Currently Bailey

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    please don't tell me what to do, i'm going to Eclipse, its booked and paid for, I didn't feel I needed to tell them I wanted to tell them OK !
    Well you did mention common courtesy taught by your mother and father, which suggested you do feel the need to be polite rather than just "choose" to. Its really about the sense of urgency that you seemed to be suggesting. This was all that me and DB were querying.

BTW i'll do what I wan't. thanks for the advice.
    I wasn't giving any. Really.

i'v gone no where, i'm glad you lot have.
    What I mean is, there is very little negative feeeling anymore. In general.

I hope your power gives you all you desire and having a patetic did at my spelling make you feel good.
    Well to be fair, you had a dig at his "common courtesy" first

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    An here we have the 2008 Ceroc Scotland Forum Carbonated and Miscoloured Kitchenware Award goes to Mr David Whatever He's Calling Himself This Month Currently Bailey
    So, I guess you've not been asked to DJ then?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would have hoped that the friendships I've built over time with John, Wes and Mike etc. would be seen as independent of my choices regarding which weekenders I go to from now on. And that they know me well enough to know, I won't be basing my decisions on any of the recent developments!

I'm afraid, as I've said many many times before, I'm totally selfish when it comes to dancing and choose my weekends based on, who's going where and which ones I 'think' I'll have the best time at etc.

If people wish to restrict themselves, to support one organisation against another, then that's up to them. But I (as a punter) won't be cutting down my choices because of something that I feel has nothing to do with me.

And I wont be phoning anyone to explain myself either (they'll probably read it on here anyway )
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Rocky has invited you to teach at Blush hasn't he
    Good grief... so much I want to say to qualify this statement but I shall dissist... just suffice it to say that it will NEVER happen..

As for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    ..Speaking personally, I am both a consumer and a dance teacher. As a consumer I'm not prepared to give Ceroc any of my money because I can get all the dancing I want without compromising my moral decision not to support Ceroc HQ financially... As a dance teacher, however, I probably wouldn't turn down the work if they offered to pay me..
    I've never heard so much rubbish. Either you have ethics or you don't. If for whatever reason you decide not to go to 'A's events based on some kind of misguided moral imperative, how on Earth can you justify working for them??

It's a bit like saying you won't buy clothes from XYZ store because they employ child labour - but given the opportunity for 30 pieces of silver, you would be happy to work for them! Ridickolous!

Anyway, it's totaly academic..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I would have hoped that the friendships I've built over time with John, Wes and Mike etc. would be seen as independent of my choices regarding which weekenders I go to from now on. And that they know me well enough to know, I won't be basing my decisions on any of the recent developments!

I'm afraid, as I've said many many times before, I'm totally selfish when it comes to dancing and choose my weekends based on, who's going where and which ones I 'think' I'll have the best time at etc.

If people wish to restrict themselves, to support one organisation against another, then that's up to them. But I (as a punter) won't be cutting down my choices because of something that I feel has nothing to do with me.

And I wont be phoning anyone to explain myself either (they'll probably read it on here anyway )

not that im friends with anybody in particular.... just dancing faces who i say hello too and have a laugh and a joke with.

I already have a weekender booked in Feb...... so cant go to this one but thats the only reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I've never heard so much rubbish. Either you have ethics or you don't. If for whatever reason you decide not to go to 'A's events based on some kind of misguided moral imperative, how on Earth can you justify working for them??
    Ummm. Yes.

Actually, that's a good question...

Ummm. Yes.

Money

Commercial Operator

It's a bit like saying you won't buy clothes from XYZ store because they employ child labour - but given the opportunity for 30 pieces of silver, you would be happy to work for them! Ridickolous!
    I think that this comparison is ridiculous. Ceroc are not doing anything as immoral as employing child labour - although my impression is that a huge number of their teachers are only just out of nappies

As I said, I am disgusted with what Ceroc did regarding Southport and wouldn't give them my money. Them giving me money is something completely different - in fact, it's the opposite of me giving them money. Therefore you could say it would be a moral victory.

Anyway, it's totaly academic..
    Absolutely right*. Ceroc would never ask me to teach at a weekender. I'm too old, my semi-circles are rubbish and my hand bounce is non-existent.

*Rocky got something right All he needs to learn now is to see the other person's point of view**

** And humility***.

*** Etc

Commercial Operator

Ummm. Yes.

When I'm getting overloaded with offers to teach at weekenders I'll start turning them down. Right now I'm delighted to be asked and never say "no". I'm a "yes" kinda guy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor View Post
    ... I am disgusted with what Ceroc did regarding Southport and wouldn't give them my money. Them giving me money is something completely different - in fact, it's the opposite of me giving them money. Therefore you could say it would be a moral victory.
    You would hope though that Ceroc were making money at the same time as giving you money, no?

Based on your superior dance technique and teaching methods, Ceroc should expect a huge rush of applications for any of their weekenders you teach at. No?
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Commercial Operator

Money

It's not worth giving up a weekend for the money - I could make more by running a Saturday dance. However, I love teaching at weekenders, why would I say no to something I love?

am I ? but then again as YOU know i'm not tht bright, so hunny bun do tell, and then perhaps I will be able to tow YOUR line an follow YOUR rules. my little sugar lump

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    and I would have said the award for trying to play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Its really about the sense of urgency that you seemed to be suggesting. This was all that me and DB were querying.

what urgency are you on about ? I seemed to be suggesting? I say what I mean unfortunatly there are some that don't like to hear it so delite it, truth hurts.

spit it oit man and say that you meen so I can answer all this round the houses **** does my head it, plain speaking we know where we stand.

So, I guess you've not been asked to DJ then?
    Yawn

who's trying to sabotaging the tread ? I think one of these for mr?

were we to nice calling it CerocPort

PS thanks for going so easy on me IOU 1

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Ceroc should expect a huge rush of applications for any of their weekenders you teach at. No?
    No.

Although I could increase my imaginary price if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Based on your superior dance technique and teaching methods, Ceroc should expect a huge rush of applications for any of their weekenders you teach at. No?
    Sorry new to the thread

Is Andy teaching at Soutport ?

Where is my cheque book , im sure all my friends will be please

Commercial Operator

Sorry new to the thread

Is Andy teaching at Southport?

Where is my cheque book , im sure all my friends will be pleased

Blog Entries

am I ? but then again as YOU know i'm not tht bright, so hunny bun do tell, and then perhaps I will be able to tow YOUR line an follow YOUR rules. my little sugar lump
    Errr... OK.

Here's a link that may help

And they're not my rules, they're Franck's. If you want the rules changed, I'd suggest starting a separate thread for discussion?

and I would have said the award for trying to play games.
    I've no idea what you're on about here. Considering you say what you mean... And are you implying that I'm being sneaky and devious here, and not saying what I mean?

Blimey, this whole thing has me , I've no idea why you're getting so worked up about the issue, but I think maybe we should just drop it?

who's trying to sabotaging the tread ? I think one of these for mr?
    Actually, you've got a point, Andy's probably the point of departure as much as you.

were we to nice calling it CerocPort
    God knows, I've lost track of what the hell's going on with this thread. I thought we were talking about classes at Southport, but what do I know?

PS thanks for going so easy on me IOU 1
    Oh good.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I've no idea what you're on about here. Considering you say what you mean... And are you implying that I'm being sneaky and devious here, and not saying what I mean?
    I think we can summarise with:

CerocPort = good name
    Fletch = polite person
    Dancing = Fun

Thread Information