Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Champs - Results!!

Re: Scottish Champs - Results!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

They're pros, they can't be put off in that way

Too true, they are an amazing couple an absolute joy to watch and great company too. At least they are slightly younger than me so looking forward to a Fitz free seniors for a few years to come

to all of the above - Particularly on the organisation side of things - I still don't see how you all managed to keep us on time and under control

Watching all the competitors was awesome - who knows maybe I'll gain the nerve to compete next year?

As noone has said this before can I mention the Blues room? (are any of you surprised?) It was perfect, intimate and dark, with Tiggerbabe's superb music

Sometimes it was lovely just to sit out and chill to the music, and there wasn't that much room to do so, as a result I am sure we could have filled the room next door as well.

Looking forward to next year - when can I book?

Whitetiger

Hi,

for anyone who is interested Sam has uploaded 2 clips of us at the champs. One from the heat and one from the final (which will explain the repetition of some of the moves).

I noticed that Filthy Monkey is also on there too.
    (Looking good - sorry i didn't get to dance with you.)

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Ooops, meant to say

put a search in for sam&lorna champs 2008

or champs 2008 to get FM's clip

Lxx

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Loved the bit where someone at the camera agrees with (presumably) your daughter and says "Yes, he does look a bit silly".

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings ....................

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Loved the bit where someone at the camera agrees with (presumably) your daughter and says "Yes, he does look a bit silly".

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings ....................
    it actually sounds like Honor, CJs daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Hi,
    for anyone who is interested Sam has uploaded 2 clips of us at the champs.
    They are on You Tube , found after I trawled fruitlessly through the Ceroc Forum Videos!!!

Commercial Operator

it actually sounds like Honor, CJs daughter
    She has her father's tact!!

She did however ask me to pas on both our thasnks to Sheena for "America" I just hope it doesn't raise false expectations of Neil Diamond at every Ceroc bash she attends!!

great clips! awesome dancing!
    thanks chaps.

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Just want to say a HUGE thank-you to everyone who came along to the Champs, those who competed, those who watched and supported and those who came along to the parties and danced the nights/afternoons away

It was a brilliant day and everything went to plan, and thanks to the fabulous crew who gave up their time to help out I actually enjoyed it, too .

It was great to see the success of the new categories, both Back to Basix and the Invitational Jack and Jill produced some inspiring dancing and both will be included in next year's event.

The set up/dismantling crew, the door and gate staff, the judges, Obi & Mel and Franck to them all.

Thanks also to those who were sponsored for the event. Flower man and his little helpers definitely added to the fun of the day

We also received many of the cash prizes back from the winners

I've still some sponsor money to collect but the estimated figure raised for the Aberlour Childcare Trust stands at £4,184.66p.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

woo

Commercial Operator

Just want to join in with all the positive comments about the Scottish Champs! Well done Franck and Sheena (again!!) and all the crew.

It was the first competition Judith and I have ever entered. We thought if we were going to do it anywhere, it would be in Scotland, coz you're so friendly up there. I was nervous as anything! Mind went blank a couple of times right in front of the judges... but hey... let's put it down to experience. We really enjoyed the day. Now we're left deciding whether to enter competitions again?

CJ and Yliander.... awesome!! I am gob-smacked that it only took a few days to put together! Stunning!

John .... really enjoyed your Open and Jack and Jill final. Thanks also for looking after Judith in the Lucky Dip!

Nice to have a Blues Room afterwards... Sheena... lovely dance.... and Nessie Monster... and all the others. Thanks.

So... thanks everyone for making the atmosphere of a competition so warm and friendly.

Morris and Judith

Not been on the forum for ages - not been dancing for ages apart from the odd Monday night in Dundee and sporadic Lindy Hop here in Brussels.

Anyway it was great to get along to the Scottish Championships after a long gap and I just want to add my thanks to all that's gone before to Sheena and Franck and the organising team for a great day. It was good to catch up with some old mates - even managed a Lindy Hope with Denise

I enjoyed Michelle's Aberdeen cabaret - brought back memories of Sheena's Proclaimers cabaret and Wendy's Chicago routine that were such hard work but a lot of fun

The showcases were brilliant and I can't believe CJ and Yliander did that in a week from scratch - a m a z i n g

Looking forward to next year.....

Dave

Now that I’ve finally caught up with myself properly – I would like to say thank you to everyone for sharing their enjoyment of our showcase – I’m blown away and humbled by the responses both on the day, here and the private messages that still keep turning up. I think the one that will always stand out is the gentleman who couldn’t wait to tell us how it had affected him and come back stage straight after the first performance to tell us. Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement it means more than you can possibly know.

As CJ said we designed it as a one-off – but given the response we may have to keep it around a bit longer

Also like to say thank you to my Lucky Dip partner Ian – for some of the most fun dances I’ve ever had in Lucky dip!!! And to Honor for being our own one princess cheering squad in Back to Basix.

Once again well done to Franck & Sheena and all the team on a very well run day!! and a grand fundraising effort!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Man View Post
    A great day, thanks to both my partners - the lovely Firefly in the Lucky Dip and the lovely Von in the Advanced. As usual I danced simply and nervously in competition and danced much better when the pressure was off when it was all over and i was out of costume.

I've raised about £300 (with hopefully more to come) in sponsorship and an extra £107.61 (as Franck said, who gave the 61 ? ) on the day by selling artificial flowers via the lovely flower fairies.
    *Gasp of sudden realisation*

You are him dressed as you and he is him being disguised as you!

(Also thanks to Von for letting the cat out the bag )

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    *Gasp of sudden realisation*

You are him dressed as you and he is him being disguised as you!

(Also thanks to Von for letting the cat out the bag )
    you have the most perfect forum name

Better late than never,

We had a great time at the champs and at least managed to get to the second round of the intermediate. Sorry to my lucky dip partner Ashley...hope you get a better partner next time! Not sure if competing is really our thing to be honest, but it's always inspiring to watch good dancers.

Tigerpants and Peaches, just great to watch as always - you guys always look like you're dancing to the music rather than doing moves and so smooth and so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post

On a personal note, I felt my dancing improve over the course of the day. I've felt recently that my dancing was stagnating
    I've felt the same recently, but two dances with you cured me of all that! One of my favourite dancers and on awesome form on saturday. Pretty please come to the Inverness weekend...

Congrats to Little Black Dress and Aurion, unfortunately we didn't get to see the finals, but just to see how happy you both looked was great, and glad you're still willing to dance with mere mortals like me.

And finally, well done Sheena and Franck for all the organisation - I was amazed that TB found the energy to do a blues room on saturday night - we were fully expecting to find her fast asleep with a bottle of champagne in hand having had two hours sleep the previous two days, but ever the pro! Must be a nightmare trying to keep everything on track, but well done and congrats on the amount raised.

And finally finally well done to Flowerman and the Flower Fairies for their effort and general cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by blackisleboy View Post

We had a great time at the champs and at least managed to get to the second round of the intermediate.

......and you looked great, thanks for wearing brown and white much easier to spot in the crowd.

Glad you noticed we were having fun -especially with the in-and-outs......one of the very few moves I do know.

Thundercat has posted his photos from Saturday. Thanks for sharing Neil.

Thread Information