Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Champs - Results!!

Re: Scottish Champs - Results!!

What a great day. And night. Lots of fantastic dancing. Well done to everyone who took part

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I think a special mention go to CJ and Yliander's AWESOME spotlight performance. Though it didn't win yesterday its on the most innovative, emotive and powerful I've seen in this category for a long time.

After seeing the new routine I was blown away. HUGE respect to the pair of you
    Fantastic performance guys. Well done

Just a little mention for Flower Man... you were fab! You did manage to confuse me, though! For those who know me, I'm sure that's hard to understand, but really, sometimes I do get confused - not that much, though! When I saw you out of your outfit at night... (dressed fully, can I just add!) I thought you were a different person It wasn't until Sheena told me today at the tea dance who you were! I feel so silly right now! I do apologise... We had a great dance yesterday, Flower Man! It was a shame I didn't get a dance with Dreadful Scathe...

Oh, and a special mention to Filthy Monkey... Thankyou for all the dances, especially the last few songs in the blues room, you did what you said you would, thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by thundercat View Post
    What a fab day,well done on reaching the second round of the lucky dip and to all the winners.Would love to see the pics,where are they!!!!!!!!!!! looked in photos can't see them.
    Thank you! It was all due to Alex, my lovey lucky dip partner
    The photos are in an album in my profile, sorry don't know how to put them anywhere else

Thanks to all CEROC Scotland for a fantastic weekend.. Our favourite competition!

Highlights
    - Franck,Sheena - Lovely!
    - CJ & Yliander - I had a lump in my throat.. Surprise of the Day!
    - Venue - Brilliant..
    - My lovely partner.... awww!
    - Everything else...

See you next year!

I have to say I was only there till 5-5.30 (though the gig wasn't that good and wish I stayed) but it was an amazing day and thank you to everyone who made it possible! Congratulations to everyone who won

CJ and Yil The performance you put on was too good for words, it blew me away. On to of that the choice of the song was exceptional!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Nik – fantastic outfit (Flower Man). Still had me laughing at the end of the day. Great idea and well done to you and your clan for raising so much money. ALSO, respect for coming out of retirement and dancing so well. Some great moments on the video. A nicer chap one couldn’t hope to meet.
    I'm touched. Seriously. Though mainly by TigerPants when we had our dance. (I cheated - i let him lead for just the end of the first song and led him for the whole of the next one. Charlie is a brilliant follow)

Von – despite her nerves, she was GREAT. Never looked out of place in the Advanced category, had a smile that lit the room, and a wiggle to keep ones attention.
    She was brill, and even though she was shaking she didn't dance nervous at all. She managed to make me less nervous!
    Go VON, Go VON...etc... First time I got to look at the wiggle properly was on the video afterward, and my word, it IS a good wiggle

You were looking good yourself Gus and I managed to get a dance with Lindsay who was fantastic (on many levels )

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu Baby View Post
    Just a little mention for Flower Man... you were fab! You did manage to confuse me, though! ... I feel so silly right now! I do apologise... We had a great dance yesterday, Flower Man! It was a shame I didn't get a dance with Dreadful Scathe...
    Sorry to confuse you, DS is a better dancer than me. Eh...hang on ! cheers though.

Oh, and a special mention to Filthy Monkey... Thankyou for all the dances, especially the last few songs in the blues room, you did what you said you would, thankyou
    I was a bit preoccupied most of the day - children and silly costumes and such and such. I would have liked to say hello to filthy monkey, clueless, billi wizz and all the other weirdos from the forum Ive not officialy met. I did get to meet and dance with - the lovely BattleCat and BatNurse, but i had lots of other dances so some of them surely must have been on the forum. Oh and Lulu Baby of course

It was a shame Mr Lampert couldnt make it, I hear his leg is still not well!

Quote Originally Posted by batnurse View Post
    I've posted some photos!
    Thanks to those who've commented on my photos but I can assure everyone that I don't have an obsession with Charlie and CJ, it just so happens that the photos of them turned out well...although CJs kilts are magnificent

Totally brilliant day, really relaxing, so glad that I changed my mind at the last minute and went along. Thanks to Peaches for ALL the great dances especially Back To Basix which was a total hoot. Thanks also to Chrissy (?) my lucky dip partner who held me brilliantly to stagger into the final, I'm sure no-one noticed the fall

Loved the music throughout the day and evening and had some fantastic dances. Special thanks to Nik for the dance, thankfully the Flower Man had left the building by that point so I managed to concentrate on the dance rather than the costume - well done Firefly and Von don't know how you managed to cope with him but you did and with great style too.

CJ and Yliander were stunning, no gimics this time and an inspiring showcase

Great to see such inspiring dancers in the Jack and Jill and this was, for me, a welcome additional category and hopefully one that will continue in the future.

Such a friendly competition and it all run like clockwork apart from allowing that Frenchman to announce the results

Huge thanks to the whole team and everyone else there on the day for making this man a happy Tiger Pants once again.

Commercial Operator

Well, now that I've recovered, I'm able to say a few thanks, myself.

Again, well done to the team involved.

To use the lady's own words, I would dearly like to thank Anita's tits. They kindly lent me some of their tape so I could do a last minute repair on my shoes!!!

I would like to thank Jay, Harmonmie and Honor for their support. I just hope the shouts of "Go, Papa, Go" didn't put anyone off during the back to basix!!

Thanks, go, also to my partner, Yvonne from aberdeen, in DWAS as she caried me through to the final!!

Lastly, I want to thank everyone, and I mean everyone, who has commented on our latest showcase. We are absolutely delighted that the combination of the expression, the outfits, the moves used and the music has struck a chord and the feedback has meant so much.

I am going to say stuff and I hope it's taken for the right reasons. We put onto the backburner our last showcase, for various reasons. So, on Monday we sat down and put this one together. We rehearsed it Wednesday, performed it on Thursday, did an almost run through with the right dress on Friday then performed it on Sat.

Yes, it lacked a certain polish on Saturday and the second performance was way more confident than the first but we love it. Why am I sharing this?? Well, it's generally held that a good showcase will take months of choreography, then months of rehearsal to be ready. What I am sharing is that with some hard work, lots of perspiration and a some belief~ it can be done a lot quicker than that. Knowing this, maybe more people will bite the bullet and put something together for this category...

We'd designed it to be a one-off, but from what people have said maybe we should take it out on the road. To us, showcase is different: it isn't just a dance, it isn't just a performance: it's theatre. We really can't express hopw delighted we are that it has touched people (their word, not ours) and we thank U most sincerely for your support and encouragement.

What a great weekend

Enjoyed every single dance on Saturday.

Well done to everyone who competed and especially those who won - there was certainly some great dancing

CJ and Yli - fab showcase, fab dress and doesn't CJ brush up rather nicely?

Friends who pushed the boat out and can be truely proud of themselves - Von and Pauline were fantastic as were their partners, Gus and Flowerman.

My lucky dip partner the Whale was fabulous and I hope he now realises that WE LOVE DANCING WITH HIM

Special thanks to Brian who agreed to partner me at 10 pm on Friday night. We went out to dance to the music and have a ball. We had an amazing set of dances. More soon, please Brian

Franck, Sheena and all the organisers and people who worked so hard on the day - great stuff, thank you

Registered User Little Black Dress's Avatar

What a great weekend!

Aurion and I had fantastic time. Coming in as runners up in the Intermediate was the icing on the cake for us. We were really surprised and overwhelmed by the result

Thank you to everyone for your support and comments - it really means a lot to us

Congratulations to all the winners - are you all going around with big grins on your faces like we are?

The atmosphere of the whole day was really relaxed and it ran so well and on time. BIG respect to Sheena, Franck and everyone involved in the organisation of the event

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post

I was a bit preoccupied most of the day - children and silly costumes and such and such. I would have liked to say hello to filthy monkey, clueless, billi wizz and all the other weirdos from the forum Ive not officialy met. I did get to meet and dance with - the lovely BattleCat and BatNurse, but i had lots of other dances so some of them surely must have been on the forum. Oh and Lulu Baby of course
    I feel pretty annyoed with myself for leaving early as I would have been able to say hello and dance with more forumites (esp DS )

Has anyone uploaded videos?

Superb weekend! I'm in lots of pain today but i really don't care!

Huge thanks to Flowerman for asking me to partner him - totally chuffed! can't believe we had never danced before - EVER till the friday night !! mega pleased that we have now and it's lovely dancing with ya with and without the cape!!!! still smiling!

Thanks to everyone who kept me stable on the day - i don't think i've been that nervous before - poor flower man nearly had his petals shaken off. if you ever need a calming team of friends then i throughly recommend: pauline, vikki, gus & lindsay and carl (and a sneaky gin and tonic!!) all helped BIG time.

special thanks to greg for the giggles in the lucky dip.

Loved Loved Loved CJ and ylander's showcase - Ylander the dress was amazing and CJ - that's the first time i've seen ya in trousers - very Antonio Banderas!

Gus & Pauline, Lorna & Sam, Vikki and Iain - i have vid footage of you guys so i'll get cd's and send to ya this week. all looks superb - i watched it on a loop last night!

And thanks to everyone who kept me dancing on saturday night - i had a ball
    (Phil and Charlie - didn't manage to get ones with you so you will be stalked at the next event!!!!)

big hugs everyone

Von
    x

My first trip to scotland, and wow, what a fab weekend!! Congrats to Sheena & Frank (and team!) for such a well orgnaised event, and thanks for giving us southern-ers a really really warm welcome

Was great to meet some scots, and formites - and thanks to Filthy Monkey for teaching me how to post on here

Apologies now to anyone I may have danced with after about 9.30pm… (I blame it on a lack of food and not the volume of alcohol…!)

Unfortunately I have a lasting memory of Saturday eve of Jamie attepmting to stick a whole mug in his mouth in the Quality Inn. He he he. Lots of other more pleasant memories too tho!!

Hope to meet more forumites v soon
    Debbie
    xxx

ps, my camera broke on friday, so if anyone has any photos - would love to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Sorry to confuse you, DS is a better dancer than me. Eh...hang on ! cheers though.
    I feel so stupid! When you came and asked me to dance, and said "so you're LuLu Baby" I replied with "yes, and you must be Flower Man!" It didn't click AT ALL the whole day... I said to Sheena at the tea dance "was Dreaful Scathe there last night?" So, up until then I had no idea! I really enjoyed the dance we had, and was planning on asking you for more later on, but you had disappeared...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants
    Totally brilliant day, really relaxing, so glad that I changed my mind at the last minute and went along.
    I'm glad you changed your mind too This comp, for me, wouldn't have been the same without you there... Can't believe it's a year ago since we were in the lucky dip together!

Thanks to Peaches for ALL the great dances especially Back To Basix which was a total hoot.
    You two were brilliant to watch - such fun! So, Charlie, the in and out?!

Huge thanks to the whole team and everyone else there on the day
    Such a well organised event. Huge thanks to Franck and Sheena, and everyone else who helped organise and run it all. No-one sees the hard work you guys have to do, we just see the end product... you should be proud of yourselves. Dancing has made me so happy this past year, without you, it wouldn't have been possible. A special thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ
    I would like to thank Jay, Harmonie and Honor for their support. I just hope the shouts of "Go, Papa, Go" didn't put anyone off during the back to basix!!
    That was so funny! I really do think Honor would have been on that dancefloor with you if one of the judges hadn't sat down beside her!

Quote Originally Posted by CJ
    To us, showcase is different: it isn't just a dance, it isn't just a performance: it's theatre.
    I totally agree, CJ. And you and Yli's showcase was just that... You both already know how I feel about it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieDancer View Post
    My first trip to scotland, and wow, what a fab weekend!!
    It was great to meet you, Debbie. And John too. Fantastic dancers! I really wish I could dance like you...

All in all, a great weekend. I'd just like to end it by thanking everyone who danced with me over the weekend, you're all great.

Had a great time at my first champs, thanks to Franck, Sheena and team for your hard work organising a great event.

Thanks also to all the men who were kind enough to dance with me, I didn’t have a dance all day I didn’t enjoy.

Thanks to filthy monkey for giving me some hints and tips, will be practising them tomorrow night. Dave, as usual our dances were lovely, the man who stole me from Mr Fitz, looking forward to being stolen again….the evening flew by and I floated home on the memories of all the great dances.

A special thanks to Flowerman for the dances and his lovely fairies for the flowers. Well done on raising so much for the charity.

Hi,

just got back. What an exhausting weekend!!

(apologies first of all for sneaking away after competing in the open final but my nephew was being christened in Birmingham on Sunday morning at 10.30am and we had booked ourselves into a hotel which closed at midnight so needed to get on the road)

Big thanks to Franck, Sheena and team for organising a great day. I had a brilliant time. Was lovely to chat to people that I haven't seen for a while.
    And of course to spend some time with Emma before she moves to the States. (Good Luck honey )

I would like to thank my brilliant partner, Sam, for getting us to the final again. We really enjoy dancing in front of the home crowd and would like to thank everyone who was cheering us on. Apparently we came third, which we are pleased with so thank you again for all the support.

A huge thank you also to my fabulous lucky dip partner, the lovely JohnS. I have never had so much fun on a dance floor. What a guy!

Congratulations to all the winners and runners up.
    I hope that all our visitors/spectators/competitors will continue to support this event and spread the word. Very friendly and well organised event.

To echo the comments in earlier posts, I also really enjoyed CJ and Yli's showcase. Brilliant choice of music. I thought I recognised it.

The music throughout the day was great. (Was pleased to hear so many tracks that I play regularly. The Aberdeen crowd now know where I get all my tracks from - Sheena's playlists)

Roll on next year.

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Like to echo others to say how great this weekend's champs were.

Respect and thanks to Sheena and Franck and their team for organising such a well-run event.

While I had fun in the Lucky Dip, with a great partner too, I was happy to watch and leave the serious competing to others this time. Especially good to see so many local dancers do so well.

While there's always surprises (some happy, some disappointing) I thought the judging was by-and-large fair and consistent.

The music was the best I'd heard at any competition, though I thought some of the music given to the advanced and open dancers would be "easier" for me to dance to than the music in the intermediate category. Maybe other dancers would disagree though.

I liked the new "Back to Basix" category, thought though it was a bit mean to play a track like "Cocaine" which cries out so much interpretation.

In some senses though, this category rewarded the best pure dancers, and so maybe this was the perfect track. When all the fancy moves are taken away, it all comes down to basic musicality and how well you move.

I think if I ever feel like competing again, this might be the category for me.

As a social event, it was lovely to see and dance with folks from around Scotland I don't often get to see. So many lovely dances, I couldn't begin to name names. Still recovering from it all...

While every venue has its pros and cons, I think overall Ingliston beats Musselburgh. I'm looking forward to next year's event, and perhaps other events at this venue.

Congratulations to all the winners, runners-up, and competitors who took up the challenge.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Had fab day,enjoyed every minute, really happy TP decided we should go and enjoy the day and have a laugh, we certainly did that.
    Sorry to Brian and Louise for causing a wee stir during the Back to Basix (we were trying to put you off) didn't work though. When are you guys gonna retire and give the rest of us a chance.Thanks for your company on the day.

Big thanks to Brunton for entering 45+ with me at last minute and admitting in front of everyone you are over the hill.....oops I mean over 45
    Great venue and music and a big well done to all who supported the event to make lots of money for the charity.

to all the winners, and a special thank you to Sheenaand Franck

Me and Charlie are going to practice his favourite new move where it looks like he is falling all over the place....its a move......honest

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Respect and thanks to Sheena and Franck and their team for organising such a well-run event.
    Only disappointment was how quiet it was (for the size of venue i mean), I'm thinking of ways to help make it busier next year

While every venue has its pros and cons, I think overall Ingliston beats Musselburgh. I'm looking forward to next year's event, and perhaps other events at this venue.
    I agree. It still had - shoe shop, changing bit, canteen area etc... but there was a bit more space for them - and its certainly an easier location to get to for everyone (bar those to the east of Edinburgh). The extra bit of dance floor added to the side, i assume, made it a similar dance floor space to Musselburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Sorry to Brian and Louise for causing a wee stir during the Back to Basix (we were trying to put you off) didn't work though.
    They're pros, they can't be put off in that way

Big thanks to Brunton for entering 45+ with me at last minute and admitting in front of everyone you are over the hill.....oops I mean over 45
    You were right the first time

Me and Charlie are going to practice his favourite new move where it looks like he is falling all over the place....its a move......honest
    I've been doing that for years - do you want pointers ?

Just wanted to add to the chorus of those saying what a fantastic day it was. There were so many great points to the day...

The organisation - everything running to time, with the whole day running incredibly smoothly.

Watching some wonderful and inspiring dancing, in all the categories.

Special mention for CJ and Yliander's showcase - so emotional and beautiful

Perhaps it was the presence of children there, but the whole day had a lovely relaxed and family feel to it.

The fabulous Flower Man - made sure my first competition was definitely one to remember!

On a personal note, I felt my dancing improve over the course of the day. I've felt recently that my dancing was stagnating, and my initial nervousness at competing (even if it was only in the Lucky Dip) somehow transmuted into a determination to simply enjoy myself and have fun. Add to that the many wonderful partners with whom I danced during the day, most of whom I had either never met before or get to dance with all too rarely, and I felt my joy in dancing coming back. I am slightly horrified at seeing myself dance on video, but even that let me see some of the areas I need to keep working on.

All in all, a truly inspiring day. to all involved.

Thread Information