Thread: New toilets at Rugby

Thumbs up New toilets at Rugby

Yes, it's finally happened. The frankly nasty toilets are no more, having been replaced by brand spanking new ones (in the ladies at least) and even the mens has had a bit of a tart up. The one aspect of Rugby as a venue which was less than great has at last been more or less sorted and when Rachel gets out the tables of free toiletries for the monthly free-styles visiting the loos will be a much more pleasant experience than in the past .

Re: New toilets at Rugby

Well maybe they can sort out their workshop booking system next I was originally hoping to come along today (Sat) for the workshop and the freestyle, I'm in the area for the day. The online system has the wrong price on it (double) and Ceroc Central don't seem to respond to telephone messages. So see you some other time

It seems that these forums work where more traditional means of communications fail Marc (and LL) have PM'ed me about this, so at least contact has been established

Use of the on-line booking system has now been abandoned for these classes. From now on you can just turn up and pay on the door. I don't think more than 15 couples have ever attended any of the workshop held so far and the gender balance has been very even, probably because it is cheaper to come as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    I don't think more than 15 couples have ever attended any of the workshop held so far and the gender balance has been very even, probably because it is cheaper to come as a couple.
    I got the distinct impression from the emails and the PM's that these are really couples workshops, with the lack of any kind of balancing booking system that's probably how they will end up anyway. I think the idea of these mini-workshops before the freestyles is a good one, it's a pity there's not more of them, but something that does cater for the single dancer would be nice.

I think to begin with Marc and Rachel were worried they might end up with a significant imbalance of genders, however experience to date is that this has not happened. The workshops are not aimed strictly at couples. There is rotation of partners, unless couples want to stay fixed. Obviously if there were say 5 spare men or women it would be a bit problematic for a workshop but one or two people rotating is not really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Obviously if there were say 5 spare men or women it would be a bit problematic for a workshop but one or two people rotating is not really a problem.
    ...that's the problem if you have a 'turn up on spec' system, you have no idea who will attend, it's why I wont bother. If you come as a couple you can always fix if it is imbalanced, I don't have that option, so it's not worth the risk IMHO

Never mind, we're now way off topic, one for a different thread one day

Thread Information