Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, which has been the best MJ Weekender ever?

Re: So, which has been the best MJ Weekender ever?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post
    Lounge Lizard's set early Monday morning was the best I've ever danced too
    That was one of the amazing moments in my dance experiences too, and was one of the most memorable sets I have danced to. He was a bit on fire that night, Mr Lounge Lizard, where are you, come back Peter you are missed.xx
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Oh dear, we have a moderator wannabee - the very thought of rules for a thread
    I'll do you a deal - actually say which weekender was your favourite Modern Jive weekender, then you can try to subvert this thread as much as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove View Post
    I'll do you a deal - actually say which weekender was your favourite Modern Jive weekender, then you can try to subvert this thread as much as you like.
    I don't have a favourite so I can't name one.

I'm not trying to subvert the thread, just suggesting that a slight re-titling would make a whole lot more sense.

Wink Re: So, which has been the best MJ Weekender ever?

My first two MJ weekenders have to be the best so far for me (for dancing!) both at Camber in 2006, Storm and Bliss I think. I was without a car for the March one so it took me 6 hours by train, with 5 changes (it cost me £11 return!) - I enjoyed it so much that I ditched the car and did it the same way in the October.
    I say Camber for the dancing - but Breeze 2008 was my favourite for an entirely different reason!

I've had many good weekenders over the years, and each with their own ups and downs. However, to have to pick one, I'd probably go for the very first weekender I did.

This was the Partyweekender at Warmwell, circa April 1998, which opened my eyes to the world beyond bog standard class nights with familiar faces each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivejunkie View Post
    but Breeze 2008 was my favourite for an entirely different reason!
    I wonder how CerocPort will be

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    That was one of the amazing moments in my dance experiences too, and was one of the most memorable sets I have danced to. He was a bit on fire that night, Mr Lounge Lizard, where are you, come back Peter you are missed.xx

come back LL I missed you mad, wild, fun set

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    I've had many good weekenders over the years, and each with their own ups and downs. However, to have to pick one, I'd probably go for the very first weekender I did.
    May 2004 Franco Camber for above but I think before the blues room lost that XYZ factor at Southport. Got to be June 2006 (or 2005 ) I dont keep a list

I think the whole Southport experience over the five years stands out for me. I can't differentiate between the events because it was a weekender in progress and process and there were too many great memories.

I suppose doing the very first performance cabaret in June 2004 with N & N stands out as a personal favourite because of the enthusiasm shown by the people who participated and I liked it when the people agreed to meet in the Latin Quarter an hour before doing it in front of the crowd.

Every cabaret was a great moment (not counting the 'I AM A PIRATE' routine in June this year which seemed to be done for a laugh!!! - sorry guys!!)

It says a lot when even the train journey becomes part of the joy for this.

Looking forward to going east of Grantham in February and beyond

best
    johnnyman

Difficult. Cos generally I think they are all great and to pick one out just doesn't make sense... but, if ya force me...

1) Breeze 2007. This was just a fantastic weekender. Highest standard dancing I have seen anywhere, anytime. Very inspiring. Better chalets. The Drifters were a great surprize. Whoo! Only weekender with a half-decent Blues room. Just everything was top notch, even the free Dodgems. Lucky and Ruby, first masterclasses (great idea) for me. And it had mugs!!! And we got given water as we left!!! This weekender set a new standard yet to be matched IMO.

2) Storm 2006. It was Ceroc's first weekender, had a very 'novelty' feel about it which added to the excitement a bit IMO. This weekender got me back into weekenders after, I dunno, many, many years since my last one, so gets a special mention

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

My favourite has to be Beach Boogie 2004 and not just because i was on my honeymoon. Some great people there and some great teachers and a marvelous atmosphere. Most memorable thing other than all the dancing, topless amir, johnnys balls, starfish yuko, "that" Nigel and Nina impersonation, my shoddy demoing and doing a cabaret where we managed to kick Lindsay Brown in the head* (oops, it never happened in practice ) is sitting out under the stars watching Finding Nemo on the big screen and eating ice cream with my new wife. Nice

* it was a sore one, but by my reckoning, although stunned for a good 10 seconds , she only missed ONE step

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    My favourite has to be Beach Boogie 2004 and not just because i was on my honeymoon. Some great people there and some great teachers and a marvelous atmosphere. Most memorable thing other than all the dancing, topless amir, johnnys balls, starfish yuko, "that" Nigel and Nina impersonation, my shoddy demoing and doing a cabaret where we managed to kick Lindsay Brown in the head* (oops, it never happened in practice ) is sitting out under the stars watching Finding Nemo on the big screen and eating ice cream with my new wife. Nice

* it was a sore one, but by my reckoning, although stunned for a good 10 seconds , she only missed ONE step
    I was at that one

I never did see the photos taken from the helicopter, where we all layed out on the grass to spell 'Beach Boogie' . I also remember during that cabaret, that joke with someone dressed as a snail with a girl on his back. "Who's that?" - "Michelle"

Thread Information