Thread: Best way to get through that those first few post-weekender days?

Best way to get through that those first few post-weekender days?

Having had such an (unexpected) great first night back at my local Ceroc venue yesterday after the blinding weekend that was Breeze , I was wondering how other forumites get over the first few days back in "reality" after weekenders?

I usually get back to dancing as soon as I can, look back over photos, forum posts etc from the weekend and laugh/smile...chat with other friends who went, and sleep!

Do you have any special recipe to beat the imminent "blues" that threaten to set in after a great weekender like Breeze?

Re: Best way to get through that those first few post-weekender days?

To be honest I dont get the blues too much.probably because my thinking behind it is this - if you had such a good time at the last one the next one should be just as good. Looking forward rather than back. xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Pixie View Post
    To be honest I dont get the blues too much.probably because my thinking behind it is this - if you had such a good time at the last one the next one should be just as good. Looking forward rather than back. xx
    Funny I don't get them as bad as sum, I didn't get them when I came home from SP but i'v come back from Breeze with a nasty cold and i'v realy got the blues......i'm feeling sorry for myself, lonley, miserable, unloved, boooohoooo i could go on.

I do know it dosn't last long. I hopI will be ok by the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Funny I don't get them as bad as sum, I didn't get them when I came home from SP but i'v come back from Breeze with a nasty cold and i'v realy got the blues......i'm feeling sorry for myself, lonley, miserable, unloved, boooohoooo i could go on.

Doesn't this just show how in theme you are - surely everyone coming back from Breeze should have the Blues to some extent ! However, I do sympathise as I've been really down too and I haven't got the excuse of a cold (for once!). Keep your chin up though because you looked absolutely fabulous all weekend and especially on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Doesn't this just show how in theme you are - surely everyone coming back from Breeze should have the Blues to some extent ! However, I do sympathise as I've been really down too and I haven't got the excuse of a cold (for once!). Keep your chin up though because you looked absolutely fabulous all weekend and especially on Sunday!
    Have to agree - though your dress on Friday night, I thought, was the most amazing I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    Having had such an (unexpected) great first night back at my local Ceroc venue yesterday after the blinding weekend that was Breeze , I was wondering how other forumites get over the first few days back in "reality" after weekenders?

I usually get back to dancing as soon as I can, look back over photos, forum posts etc from the weekend and laugh/smile...chat with other friends who went, and sleep!

Do you have any special recipe to beat the imminent "blues" that threaten to set in after a great weekender like Breeze?
    I am feeling extremely down right now but it has nothing to do with the weekender being over. On the way home on monday i had some news that makes how i feel pale into insignificance i am not going to say what it is (although i have told a couple of people on here) although some people might see me as being extremely angry all i can do is apolagise and say there is a very good reason

After my weekender at Hayling Island, I went to my local venue on Tuesday and had a really crap night with everything you could possibly think of going wrong, including wardrobe/shoe malfunctions, bad music, guys asking me why I looked so frightened and elbows going in all the wrong places. But then went back tonight and had an absolutely fantastic evening that features on the all-time best-so-far list.

What is it that makes this good time/bad time cycle happen? It's a complete mystery to me sometimes.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

I have been fighting the post weekender blues. It has been coming in waves and i dont know how to stop it so if anyone has a cure, please let me know!!!

Commercial Operator

Post weekender blues is a toughie to cope with. It is really hard to make sense of it.

I guess we have just had three days of pure excitement and happiness. All other worries or problems drift away. It's like a mini holiday and when it's finished we so want it back.

I look through the photographs and read the reviews. That helps me keep the good feeling.

It's tough this time though as Stokie is away through the days working so I am feeling blue alone.

Roll on the next one that I can go to.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

I find having loads of sex with my partner helps

I get through like TB said by reading reviews, looking at the photos but most importantly of all working out my next weekends dancing.........so now it has turned around from looking back to looking forward and I can't wait for Friday .........is there no end to this girls addiction....hope not

I am suffering today

I was fine- even great Tuesday and Wednesday but today the blues has descended

DTS and I went to Stevenage last night and although it was ok, it just seemed to bring me down.

Need to pull myself together and, as Jay Jay says - look forward to Camber.

Going to Bump & Hustle and Hammersmith at the weekend so hope to cheer up by then.

Rachel
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post

Need to pull myself together and, as Jay Jay says - look forward to Camber.

Going to Bump & Hustle and Hammersmith at the weekend so hope to cheer up by then.

Rachel
    x
    Look forward to Camber! I haven't even got that, so wish I was going , but on the bright side there is a lot coming up before then kicking off like you say with Bump & Hustle..should be a good night, especially with Marc Forster doing a bit of DJ'ing there mmmmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Look forward to Camber! I haven't even got that, so wish I was going , but on the bright side there is a lot coming up before then kicking off like you say with Bump & Hustle..should be a good night, especially with Marc Forster doing a bit of DJ'ing there mmmmmmm!!
    and we got dusk till dawn to look forward too as well
    With the awesome Rocky and silverfox on the decks for 12 hrs who could want for anything more

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    and we got dusk till dawn to look forward too as well
    With the awesome Rocky and silverfox on the decks for 12 hrs who could want for anything more
    Don't rub it in...........not able to do that either

I'm always gutted to leave a weekender, particularly as I have to go home Sunday as not able to have mondays off. However I love my job and usually look forward to seeing all the kids on the Monday who cheer me up and make me feel good.

However this weekender seems to have affected me differently. When it was time to go on Sunday I couldn't face the goodbyes and even had a little cry as I was putting my stuff into the car. I think it was a combination of things, work is particularly stressful at the moment so wasn't actually looking forward to it, wasn't going to see my lovely man for 2 weeks (only 1 left now!) and just the generally fantastic weekend I had.

I'm generally a very positive person and thought I would bounce back real quick, but this hasn't been the case, hoping a weekend of relaxation and pampering will sort me out - any othe suggestions gratefully accepted!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    I'm always gutted to leave a weekender, particularly as I have to go home Sunday as not able to have mondays off. However I love my job and usually look forward to seeing all the kids on the Monday who cheer me up and make me feel good.

However this weekender seems to have affected me differently. When it was time to go on Sunday I couldn't face the goodbyes and even had a little cry as I was putting my stuff into the car. I think it was a combination of things, work is particularly stressful at the moment so wasn't actually looking forward to it, wasn't going to see my lovely man for 2 weeks (only 1 left now!) and just the generally fantastic weekend I had.

I'm generally a very positive person and thought I would bounce back real quick, but this hasn't been the case, hoping a weekend of relaxation and pampering will sort me out - any othe suggestions gratefully accepted!

I think cos there seems to be lots of us that had a fab weekend and now feeling I'm wondering if the weather has some thing to do with it, cos I normally get like this after SP but this is the most down iv been after a weekender for ages, the sun, laughs, dancing, friends, etc were just fab, are we getting S.A.D. looks like a long winter ahead.

i'm like the grim reeper

I have some crystal i'v been holding and i'm off shopping in a bit, with that mad Gippo he will make me laugh

big hug Tash xx

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I find having loads of sex with my partner helps
    S38 rub it in

A SH&G wouldn't come a miss

dream on fletch dream on

Thread Information