Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this luvvie posting a good or a bad thing??

Re: Is this luvvie posting a good or a bad thing??

djtrev what I am talking about is feedback for the organizers of the weekend, positive and negative can be done nicely. breeze was a storming weekend and most of the comments have reflected this.

Dancing is a nice happy social hobby, so why all of the venom and nastiness?

A great dancer, who I look up to once said to me "Why associate with miserable unhappy people? Better to be friends with happy and cheerfull people."

Never a truer sentence spoken IMHO.
    We all have different views on dancing and we all enjoy it, so why is there so much nastiness associated with it?

Baffles me mate. I have posted some right crap on here over the years but have changed recently and realise happiness is a state of mind, to be happy...be happy

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Methinks you have got the wrong end of the stick there.I dont think Trouble is talking about positive and negative feedback.I assume that she is referring to what Rocky once described as 'brown nosing'.
    If it isnt Trouble I apologise.
    i dont think its brown nosing to come back from a weekend on a real high and thanking the people who helped make it such
    as for the thankyous on here they are just a quick and easy way of saying i agree with what you are saying

Seems to me certain people really dont want others to be friendly on here or even to have a good time
    what a shame i feel sorry for those people

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    i dont think its brown nosing to come back from a weekend on a real high and thanking the people who helped make it such
    as for the thankyous on here they are just a quick and easy way of saying i agree with what you are saying

Seems to me certain people really dont want others to be friendly on here or even to have a good time
    I could not agree more. I came on this forum a year ago and quickly stopped posting because I felt it was a more like a bear pit than an extension of my dancing that I love and enjoy. Don't get me wrong I can argue with the best of them but that is not why I dance.

I think that where an event has been good the the organisers should be told about it. We are quick enough to tell them when they have not done a good job. From a customers point of view, I did not go to Breeze but because of the positive feedback I am now seriously thinking of going to Camber for instance.

I think that all people need to do is think about the relevence of some of there posts and then how they should express those posts bearing in mind this is a dance forum and that people dance for enjoyment not aggravation.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Sometimes telling the truth is too much to bare
    And if they don't find out the truth until you are bare it can be a deal breaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    ..., I would much rather read positive and pleasant feedback than nastiness. I assume that people who are on this forum enjoy dancing and that is why they join a dance forum as opposed to a alternative forum. I also see there is a need for constructive criticism, where forum members can suggest ways to improve events.
    Can't argue with that.

When something has gone really well and the majority of attendees enjoyed themselves what is wrong in expressing this.
    Absolutely.

If I read a positive post it more likely that I will want to try and attend the event next time
    Totally.

However, I'd far rather read a negative post than travel to an event where I'm going to be disappointed.

in a world of my own... where people are nice and there's lots of honey!

Haven't been around for a wee while so maybe a bit off par with this but it's what I think so.............

Dancing is great fun, it's more fun to be with happy non whingeing folk who are having a great time and being nice to one another....

Being a luvvie doesn't, to me, mean sucking up, to me it means being generally a huggy happy touchy feely person. that doesn't mean to say that being luvvie means you cant make a constructive comment about a dance weekend or whatever btw.

Better on the whole for the happiness of life to try and keep whingeing and nastiness to a minimum (sometimes that means biting your tongue n not saying a word!) than to be in the middle of angst ridden battles with folk.

Here, have a huge hug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post

I take offence at that comment Martin. Thats not what is being said at all.

Brown nosing as its been described by somebody else but in my opinion is better described as luvvie duvvie bollox is lovely sometimes.......but it can get very boring. Nobody is saying you cant be friendly or have a good time at all. So keep your feeling sorry for people to yourself. Nobody has said such a thing and i take your comment to be insulting.

Anyone who knows Trouble knows, that the only brown nose she's got is the lovely one on her face. She speaks her own mind and is not influenced by others.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Anyone who knows Trouble knows, that the only brown nose she's got is the lovely one on her face. She speaks her own mind and is not influenced by others.
    let me give you a luvvie duvvie hug baby

xxxxxx

You know what guys, I spent yesterday afternoon at a funeral.....and to be able to have a look at the Breeze Aftermath thread later on in the evening for a bit of a luvvy duvvy feel, however boring some might think it is, it is a nice thing and when you personally get a mention it is a real uplifter

Thread Information