Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this luvvie posting a good or a bad thing??

Is this luvvie posting a good or a bad thing??

Now then now then now then! Ok sport fans here we go again.

Is there too much luvvviness or is there to much venom and bile about dancing.

Personally dancing is one area of my life that I immensly enjoy and really put in the effort to have a goodtime packed with fun and enjoyment.

Breeze for me was another magical weekend filled with love and affection, couple this with great dancing and good company and there does not seem to be anything else I could ask for really.

Ceroc, Jive Addiction and everybody else who runs weekenders strive to supply great weekenders and most people cherish this hard work and commitment.

I personally have not had a bad weekend anywhere dancing and try to make the most of them. For crying out load some of the women would be arrested if they wore the outfits that they wear whilst dancing on the streets, just this is enough to attend.

So why is there this doom and gloom culture on the forum?

I dance to enhance and enrich my life, I love it and cannot understand all of this nastiness, it baffles me no end.
    I get down right dirty with women and men in a safe and controlled enviroment and it is great dancing with hetrosexual men, like meself, to push the boundaries and have fun knowing it is just fun and dancing.
    Goes without saying I would slip old David Bailey one, as he is my Master, but you get my drift.

So my question is this.....Why moan and bitch constantly about the dance scene?

If you don't like it take up another hobby, like suicide bombing or similar.

Personally i love the fluffy bunny loviness of it all and pray that this attitude will endevour for all time enabling sad little me to enjoy a fantastic pastime that pleasures me no end.

Bit of a ramble, but you get my drift.

Ps did I mention that I am quite tall?

Re: Is this luvvie posting a good or a bad thing??

Dave I have to agree with you, I would much rather read positive and pleasant feedback than nastiness. I assume that people who are on this forum enjoy dancing and that is why they join a dance forum as opposed to a alternative forum. I also see there is a need for constructive criticism, where forum members can suggest ways to improve events. When something has gone really well and the majority of attendees enjoyed themselves what is wrong in expressing this. If I read a positive post it more likely that I will want to try and attend the event next time

I also recognise that there is place for debate for other subjects outside of dancing such as politics where there will be a wide variation of views and see this as healthy but I hate reading posts where the arguments seem to get personal and at times nasty

PS Height is all relative I’m sure Jay Jay thinks you’re a giant to me you're pleasantly eye level

I would rather read honesty.

I think lover dovey posts are fine if they are honest.

Same with the bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post

I personally have not had a bad weekend anywhere dancing and try to make the most of them.

So why is there this doom and gloom culture on the forum?

So my question is this.....Why moan and bitch constantly about the dance scene?

If you don't like it take up another hobby, like suicide bombing or similar.

Personally i love the fluffy bunny loviness of it all and pray that this attitude will endevour for all time enabling sad little me to enjoy a fantastic pastime that pleasures me no end.

If we talk about the issue of dancing and ignore all the other threads about proving God does or doesn’t exist then Id say.

Over the years I think this forum has helped change a number of things that have occurred on the dance scene for the better.

Whether you call it bitching is a moot point. However the gender weekenders have helped ladies no end. If no one had’ complained’ on here via e-mail etc who knows where we would be.

Feed back on weekenders, again many have seen it’s as having a moan but if there is a common theme it’s picked up and acted on, then what’s wrong with that?

This could range from more water coolers, advance lessons, checking in and all sorts

The fact there isn’t much ‘bad’ coming out from Breeze may disappoint the likes of DB but it suggest the previous ‘moaning’ has worked and a product is very close to what people want. If 25 people had said the Blues room didn’t work im sure it would be looked at again

Of course I don’t pretend the forum drives all these changes; however it is a powerful tool

One person moan can be ignore, to ignore 10 or 100 or more do so at your peril

Ps factual correction, id put you at 'almost quite tall'

I think you will find that I am quite tall or almost very tall me old lover.

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    I would rather read honesty.

I think lover dovey posts are fine if they are honest.

Same with the bad stuff.
    I also like honesty, I also think that constructive critisisum and well balanced points of veiw work better for me.

If its lovie its lovie if its cr&p its cr&p.

There are some people that come on the forum just to moan and neaver say anthing good, and there are some that only post to try and 'suck up' bit that life in general.

Personally dancing is one area of my life that I immensly enjoy and really put in the effort to have a goodtime packed with fun and enjoyment.

Breeze for me was another magical weekend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~snip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could not agree more and as someone said at the weekend maybe all the love that people had at the weekend might make this place better for all of us it has been a bit depressing lately maybe it will now get back on track
    ya make a good girl when ya dancing though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Dave I have to agree with you, I would much rather read positive and pleasant feedback than nastiness

as well although constructive criticism is good as well so long as it isnt just bitching for bitchings sake

PS Height is all relative I’m sure Jay Jay thinks you’re a giant to me you're pleasantly eye level
    I think you will find that I am quite tall or almost very tall me old lover.

Magnificent ya might be but i am sorry to let you know tall your not

DTS, a belated "Hear Hear" for this thread babe

I think that because dancing is such an involved, passionate hobby there will always be heated discussions, criticisms etc from people who get inflamed about certain topics...but the flip side is that the same intense feelings create the friendships, feel-good factor, and general well-being that has pervaded the forum of late.

As Sandie Shaw said, Long Long Live Love. (and the Luvvies)...bring on the sweetness!
    Last edited by Kel_Warminster; 14th-October-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    DTS, a belated "Hear Hear" for this thread babe

I think that because dancing is such an involved, passionate hobby there will always be heated discussions, criticisms etc from people who get inflamed about certain topics...but the flip side is that the same intense feelings create the friendships, feel-good factor, and general well-being that has pervaded the forum of late.

As Sandie Shaw said, Long Long Live Love. (and the Luvvies)...bring on the sweetness!
    Well allow me to thank you and mention that I am considerably taller than you and martin Gold..

Other people I am taller than include the diminutive Under Par, a veritable midget compared to my magnificent tallness.

My tallness is overshadowed by my long flowing healthy hair.

In general I find I respond with a smile to the luvvie posts. People are happy, maybe (could it be?) honestly happy. It's not like the world is suffering from an overdose of love and kindness. So I like those posts.

When feedback is constructive (positive ot negative) that is also good and very useful if the recipient deals with it well. It can be very hard to take negative feedback and the person receiving it often takes it as being far more personal and forceful than the giver ever intended. That is why the structure of starting with good stuff is such a great idea - if someone tells me something they like about me (OK they need a good imagination) then I can take the "room for improvement" stuff much more readily.

In my limited world I reckon things work as follows:

Speaker says: I love your work
    Receiver hears: That was good

S: I like you
    R: You are OK

S: That was OK
    R: That could have been a lot better

S: I didn't really like it but it wasn't bad - just not my thing.
    R: You are so crap it's unbelievable

S: You were rubbish
    R: (so this is what it feels like to be shat on from a great height or to be appraised by the judges on SCD - I want to curl up and die)

Or something like that. Or maybe it's just me

PS Height is all relative I’m sure Jay Jay thinks you’re a giant
    Everyone is a giant in my eyes........well when I look up that is, maybe that is why I have such a stiff neck after a lot of dancing

I am considerably taller than you and martin Gold..

Other people I am taller than include the diminutive Under Par, a veritable midget compared to my magnificent tallness.

My tallness is overshadowed by my long flowing healthy hair.
    ok we will call you dts rapunzel from now on

DTS don't ever change, with your magnificent tallness you must be holding up the sky by now and we don't want it falling on our heads do we......!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Over the years I think this forum has helped change a number of things that have occurred on the dance scene for the better.
    I think that posts from this forum have helped weekender organisers to improve their product to such an extent that everybody now has a good time. I also think it very positive to let organisers and fellow forumites know when things have gone well. Positive feedback is just as informative as negetive feedback. You don't want to fix something that is not broken and people that have not attended a particular event may then want to attend the next one.future ones.

I was wondering what other areas (purely from a dance enjoyment point of view) fellow forumites feel need improving and how best we could use the forum to effect these areas.

Two areas I have in mind as as follows;

1 Normal weekday nights
    2 Consistancy of weekend freestyles

I am sure there are other areas people may have in the back of their minds.

DTS because you are much bigger than me, you can then work out how best to organise threads to effect some changes but please don' feel I am putting you under any pressure.

Blog Entries

I find all this positive ego bashing, pat on ya back bollox all quite repulsive if im honest...... ooh your so this..oooh your so that.... oooh luvie luvie...

I like to hear the truth about dancing..... full stop.

Im not interested in anything else, i like to hear about the venue, what the dj's were like, who shagged who and who wanted to give who one but failed.

Thats so much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I find all this positive ego bashing, pat on ya back bollox all quite repulsive if im honest...... ooh your so this..oooh your so that.... oooh luvie luvie...

I like to hear the truth about dancing..... full stop.

Im not interested in anything else, i like to hear about the venue, what the dj's were like, who shagged who and who wanted to give who one but failed.

Thats so much more important.
    Oh Michelle it's nice to have a compliment now and again and also to give credit to someone when credit is due.........it's a far cry from being complimented on the way you ironed a shirt or finished the washing up that was left in the sink!

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    I think that posts from this forum have helped weekender organisers to improve their product to such an extent that everybody now has a good time. I also think it very positive to let organisers and fellow forumites know when things have gone well. Positive feedback is just as informative as negetive feedback. You don't want to fix something that is not broken and people that have not attended a particular event may then want to attend the next one.future ones.

I was wondering what other areas (purely from a dance enjoyment point of view) fellow forumites feel need improving and how best we could use the forum to effect these areas.

Two areas I have in mind as as follows;

1 Normal weekday nights
    2 Consistancy of weekend freestyles

I am sure there are other areas people may have in the back of their minds.

DTS because you are much bigger than me, you can then work out how best to organise threads to effect some changes but please don' feel I am putting you under any pressure.

This is a job for the Master.....David Bailey, I am mere dust upon his shoes, Tango ones at that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Oh Michelle it's nice to have a compliment now and again and also to give credit to someone when credit is due.........it's a far cry from being complimented on the way you ironed a shirt or finished the washing up that was left in the sink!
    blimey, i would get a new partner if i was you. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    blimey, i would get a new partner if i was you. !!!
    Yeah doesn't look too good in print does it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    If you are talking about ‘truth’ on this thread ........after me and the other half moved in to our new house it was about 9 weeks before I asked where do you put the dishwasher tablet

Sometimes telling the truth is too much to bare

Thread Information