Thread: Are you a true romantic ?

Are you a true romantic ?

Its interesting to note , you have to wait till your 53 to become a true romantic, so I've got a few years yet

Question: When will my husband become a romantic? Answer: 53 | Mail Online

My idea of romance is turning up, would people agree ?

Seriously if you buy someone flowers you must have done something wrong ??

Re: Are you a true romantic ?

I notice that number 7 on the list is breakfast in bed, I was wondering if this was the man lying in bed expecting the lady to run up and down the stairs with it, if it is, I have experienced true romance.

Blog Entries

Getting flowers means you've done something wrong ??? OMG

I think your either a true romantic or your not. Romance comes from a wanting to do something for somebody that makes them smile and happy, i dont think its something you can force or make happen and if you do, it will soon wear off and leave the partner thinking....well wot happened to the good ole days when i used to get this and you used to do that.

. Its such a pleasure to be romanced by a true romantic when you get one. Little things like opening doors, hand in the small of your back when you walk in front of them when they open the door, holding hands, little notes, flowers, texts, little gifts, cuddles, kisses on the nose.. for me just one of those little things can make an ordinary day a wonderrful one.

My god,all your days must be wonderful,you get all them gestures from me,it comes natrual to me. You have either got it or you aint. You can not pretend to be a romantic,it wouls stick out like a sore thumb and run out of steam very quickly. Flowers,door opening,love notes ect ect ect.these are the tricks of the trade to woo all you ladies.

Scarface out xxx

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Seriously if you buy someone flowers you must have done something wrong ??
    Gav must be seriously messing me about then He buys fresh flowers (and arranges them nicely in a vase for me) every week.

The flowers thing is only if a bloke starts buying them all of a sudden after years of not bothering. He's deffo shagging someone else if he does that.

I am definately romantic
    I bought barbs fish and chips from the chippy at brean so she wouldnt have to cook my dinner on saturday

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    My god,all your days must be wonderful,you get all them gestures from me,it comes natrual to me. You have either got it or you aint. You can not pretend to be a romantic,it wouls stick out like a sore thumb and run out of steam very quickly. Flowers,door opening,love notes ect ect ect.these are the tricks of the trade to woo all you ladies.

Scarface out xxx
    You have it in buckets baby.....

Tricks of the trade eh!!!! - well let me tell you.. us ladies have tricks of our own.... we know when to swoon and when not too, we know when to smile sweetly and when not too... so you romantic guys think you have woo'd us when in actual fact... we reeled you in. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    You have it in buckets baby.....

Tricks of the trade eh!!!! - well let me tell you.. us ladies have tricks of our own.... we know when to swoon and when not too, we know when to smile sweetly and when not too... so you romantic guys think you have woo'd us when in actual fact... we reeled you in. xxx
    Yeah Yeah Trouble,only you know the truth.........

Scarface out xxx

Don't fancy the walk in the rain. What's romantic about getting soaked to the skin? Oh I get it.

Champagne on ice would be my favourite, preferably with a dancefloor nearby.

It's definitely the little thoughtful things that count. I don't like big extravagent gestures - the little things that are special to you and your partner are the best things and they're the easiest things to do on a regular basis.

If you have someone special in your life then they should know just how special they are and vice versa.

The main thing is it needs to be genuine and honest...not done just to impress or win someone over.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    The flowers thing is only if a bloke starts buying them all of a sudden after years of not bothering. He's deffo shagging someone else if he does that.
    and if he tends to be practical in nature, suspect the florist in the first instance

Buy me a rose
    Call me from work
    Open a door for me, What can it hurt?
    Show me you love me by the look in your eye
    These are the little things
    That mean the most in my life

Daisy

(A Romantic Little Flower)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
    Buy me a rose
    Call me from work

Daisy

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so sweet I think i do have my romantic moments, just can't think of any at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
    Buy me a rose
    Call me from work

Daisy

The reality:

She says "Buy me a rose" - I buy her a rose - She says "Ouch! You could have taken the thorns off first numbnuts!"

She says "Call me from work" - I call her from work - She says "Whadda ya mean you're working late again?! Your dinner's in next door's dog" (we don't have a dog)

She says "Open a door for me, What can it hurt?" - I kick the door open in a manly style - She says "OUCH! You pea brained idiot, you must have known I was the other side!"

She says "Show me you love me by the look in your eye" - I wink - She says "Did you just wink at that short skirted tart walking past??...THWACK!"

She says "These are the little things" - I "fluff up" - She says "That reminds me, must try that acorn soup recipe tomorrow"

She says "That mean the most in my life" - I say "You mean the most to me too" - She says "No dipstick, you misheard! I said You're the meanest man in my life!"

(Gojive - a strangely single little jiver)

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

I am romantic but i dont celebrate valentines day instead we try and make special days all year round!

Flowers, lovely but i dont need them
    chocolate, i can buy it myself
    hold the door, why i can do it myself!
    jewellery, dont really wear it!

Romance to me is making me feel a little special more than once a year.

I love my friends because they make me feel special too.

I love dancing with certain people cuz they make me feel a little special.

Thats what its all about and i am happy to tell most of my friends that i love them and i try and make them feel special too.

Romance is great but you need to have good friends and family and thats when it all comes together and gives you that warm fuzzy feeling!

[quote=Trouble;507316] those little things can make an ordinary day a wonderrful one. /quote]

Like putting a cameo rose pendant in the bottom of a box of roses and getting your 4 yr old son to give it to his mum on Christmas day

Like phoning up all the Boots stores in the North West and travelling miles to get the very thing your girl wants for her birthday, cos you know what it is,cos you quizzed her something rotten about what she wants in a way she would never suspect.

Like the look in your eyes when your girl walks into a room, and she is on your arm, and Jools Holland takes a fancy to her whilst staying in the same hotel

Like when your girl is pregnant, and you don't have a lot of money, and you have no car so you have to get on a coach, but you say, I want to surprise you, and she doesn't know where she is going, and its in a beautiful, but inexpensive, art neuvo hotel in Morecambe [Which has now been beautifully restored by the way]

Like listening very carefully to what your girl is saying, and getting her the CD which has the track on it that she loves

Like when your girl has just been working from 8.30am, and had the most horrible day arriving home at 11pm after having to deal with a horrible child protection investigation, and you have her favourite meal, drinks and candlelight to greet her when she comes home.

Thoughtfulness, listening, being there, and cuddles will always get you great sex guys !!!!!!!

Alas it takes more than romance to make things last.....run out of smilies would have put the sad one on being the romantic I am ha ha!!
    Last edited by rubyred; 15th-October-2008 at 12:13 AM.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Thoughtfulness, listening, being there, and cuddles will always get you great sex guys !!!!!!!
    !!! you hit the nail on the head!!!

Blog Entries

[

!!
    Absolutely..... you cant beat a cuddle. I love a cuddle i do especicially when there is a neck nuzzle involved as well. LOL

Not if you and your girlfriend aren't sleeping together...

These seem to be appreciated:

When you're getting into or out of a car, open the door for her - ladies, we're doing it for you because we want to be nice, not because we think you're actually physically incapable of opening a car door.

Find out what her favourite flowers are and keep an eye on the last bunch - if they're wilting, get some more.

Make a fuss of "little" milestones - dress up for a fancy meal maybe.

Give frequent shoulder/back/foot/tummy rubs (last one particularly if it's her time of the month).

Dance with her in front of people, even if it's just swaying from side to side.

Text her kisses, just because.

In public, kiss her neck, breathe gently in her ear, and whisper sweet/naughty things to her, so that no one else knows.

Tell her every time you see her how beautiful she is, how much you love her and wouldn't have anyone else, and how much you're looking forward to the future with her.

Basically don't worry about sounding or looking daft, remember that the only person you're doing all this stuff for is the only person whose opinion of it matters, and deep down nearly every woman/girl loves being romanced

Cuddles are just great I love cuddles. Honestly i don't ask for much I love it when you're cuddling that special person then fall asleep in their arms

When i finish work or having a bad day/week and all i want is a big cuddle its all worth it because for me it just helps me de-stress and forget about anything thats bothering me

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred
    Alas it takes more than romance to make things last.....run out of smilies would have put the sad one on being the romantic I am ha ha!!

Thread Information