Thread: Ceroc is now famous

Ceroc is now famous

You know how bands view that they've officially "made it" when their music is played in the cafe in Eastenders......

Would it be same if Ceroc was mentioned on Neighbours - it was mentioned tonight as a potential dance class for Steve & Miranda (the episode shown here in Oz, so it'll be on telly in several month's or so time in the UK).

(I'll attempt to justify watching Neighbours, but we all know that it's not socially acceptable to admit regularly watching is it?)

Re: Ceroc is now famous

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    (I'll attempt to justify watching Neighbours, but we all know that it's not socially acceptable to admit regularly watching is it?)
    Surely in Oz it would count as high culture?

Blog Entries

That depends... are you a student?

You know how bands view that they've officially "made it" when their music is played in the cafe in Eastenders......

Would it be same if Ceroc was mentioned on Neighbours - it was mentioned tonight as a potential dance class for Steve & Miranda (the episode shown here in Oz, so it'll be on telly in several month's or so time in the UK).

Just out of interest I watched the episode on the internet

Video - Neighbours

at 6:25 Miranda sais she has signed them up to do "Latin American, Ceroc, Swing" classes

at 13:38 the kids show a vid of "Conway's dance" which has a Waltz on it (ballroom stuff) and the kids try a Waltz.

It will be interesting to see what they finally do... (but not interesting enough for me to watch neighbours every day, so maybe you can tell us when it happens SteveK )

There are 2 MJ companies in Melbourne, Ceroc Melbourne and LeBop... I wonder which one will feature in Neighbours, or maybe they will be doing the "Latin American, Ceroc, Swing, Waltz" ?

My thoughts are they will never make it to a class - the researchers are using buzz words, someone dies, or is involved in a car accident and one of the cast gets pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Surely in Oz it would count as high culture?
    The usual (semi-unfair) joke here is that if you want to find culture, the best place is the yogurt section of the supermarket.....

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    That depends... are you a student?
    Nope - my (dreadful) excuse is that it happens to be on when I'm usually eating my tea....

(Time to come clean - I was in Melbourne a couple of months ago, and managed to do a visit to Pin Oak Court/Ramsey Street, and got to meet some of the cast at a thing for british backpackers; including Dr Karl!!! Neighbours Night )

Thread Information