Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Medfest 2008

Ceroc Medfest 2008

I have recently returned from the Ceroc Medfest in Lloret de Mar and would like to say what a fantastic time I had.

Over 200 people came. we stayed a a good 3 star hotel in the middle of Lloret. All dance activilties were contained in the hotel which reserved a very large room for our exclusive use for the week.

The structure of the week was as follows;

-each morning there were 2 one hour workshops
    -each afternoon there was two hours of dancing round the pool
    -each evening there was a fun class and then four hours of freestyle from 10 pm to 2 am

The teachers, Howard Temple, Maja Hoddell and Vicky McFarland ably supported by there demos Rebecca/Dani, Ken and Jamie produced absolutely tip top workshops. For examples look at the Ceroc Ealing Facebook site for videos of each workshop taken by Howard.

The DJ's, Rob Ambridge and OXO worked tirelessly giving us the best tunes each afternoon and evening and even running on substantually longer than the planned end times some afternoons and evenings.

The hotel accommodation, facilities and food were acceptable and good value when compared to the cost of the holiday.

If you are thinking of a dance holiday next year this is one holiday you should put on your list. I understand that they are hoping for 300 people next year and if they achieve those sort of numbers there will be a Blues Room as well as a and General Room each evening for freestyles. Ceroc have already organised three superb teachers Howard and Maja again and Debbie Attwood who taught two years ago when I attended and the cost at the moment is £450 to include flight and half board.

Re: Ceroc Medfest 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ant View Post
    ...holiday report...
    Oooh, this sounds much better than the Barcelona holiday I went on 4 years ago (not the teaching I should add, that was first class). I paid over £500 for just B&B, we were split over 3 hotels, and the evening freestyles were all over the city!

I think I'll go look this one up - cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    Oooh, this sounds much better than the Barcelona holiday I went on 4 years ago (not the teaching I should add, that was first class). I paid over £500 for just B&B, we were split over 3 hotels, and the evening freestyles were all over the city!
    I can certainly understand that. But from a different perspective, that's exactly why I like the Barcelona holiday so much! If you're there working, it means you can actually get out and see different things, rather than the just the inside walls of the hotel.

Last year, Marc was the only teacher and dj until the weekend, so it meant morning and afternoon workshops, as well as setting up and dj'ing every evening. So I really enjoyed having dance studios outside the hotel and all the different clubs we went to in the evenings.

This year, it was a Godsend to have Debbie & Phil there with us, sharing the teaching & dj'ing. It actually felt like a holiday!

Wow, Ceroc Med - they've got it easy then with 3 sets of teachers, 2 dj's and morning only workshops!! Think I might look this one up too ...

Rachel x

Commercial Operator

I think these dance holidays sound excellent. Dancing in the sun is so sexy and so enjoyable.

I would want a blues room though to justify the air fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    I think these dance holidays sound excellent. Dancing in the sun is so sexy and so enjoyable.

I would want a blues room though to justify the air fare.
    Funnily enough (or perhaps not) Debbie, Phil, Marc & I were discussing this on our way back from Barcelona. Plans are afoot ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Funnily enough (or perhaps not) Debbie, Phil, Marc & I were discussing this on our way back from Barcelona. Plans are afoot ...
    Hi Rachel any chance of some tango in the plans, I hear that there are some good places to go in Barcelona for this particular sport......????
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

...... Think I might look this one up too ...

Rachel x
    If there was a Blues room next year and Marc and yourself come to help run it I think that would be the icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.

By the way there was an organised visit to Barcelona this year which was about 11/2 hours away. I also understand that about 100 people have already booked prior to leaving this year for next year and that there are groups already lined up from Australia and New Zealand coming as well. So the chances of achieving the target numbers for a Blues Room is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Hi Rachel any chance of some tango in the plans, ......????
    Hi ruby

There was a small neucleus of Tango dancers there this year and Maja and Ken ran a double Tango/Jive fusion class that was very well received.
    Wouldn't be great if there was some time put aside for a Milonga each evening and I think this may be possible if there was a Blues Room.

Whats more if the target number is reached I understand that the Blues Room will be next one of the pools and facilities will be made available for dancing round the pool at night.

How wonderful Tango under the stars, around a romancically lit pool with a cascading waterfall. Care for a dance ?

I think I'll go look this one up - cheers!
    I went on a Barcelona holiday (Debbie Attwood teaching) 3 years ago , 2005
    4 hotels and all different places at night and it was great
    Been on the one Hotel base type thing with dancing just in the hotel and there great to
    I’ve never had a bad dance holiday some just better then others

Hi ruby

There was a small neucleus of Tango dancers there this year and Maja and Ken ran a double Tango/Jive fusion class that was very well received.
    Wouldn't be great if there was some time put aside for a Milonga each evening and I think this may be possible if there was a Blues Room.

Whats more if the target number is reached I understand that the Blues Room will be next one of the pools and facilities will be made available for dancing round the pool at night.

How wonderful Tango under the stars, around a romancically lit pool with a cascading waterfall. Care for a dance ?

Sounds fabulous, I'd never refuse you a dance
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    I went on a Barcelona holiday (Debbie Attwood teaching) 3 years ago , 2005
    4 hotels and all different places at night and it was great
    Been on the one Hotel base type thing with dancing just in the hotel and there great to
    Yeah, perhaps I should add further, that I did enjoy the Barca trip, but the Medfest one sounds even better to me.

I'd much prefer to meet up to 300 or so fellow holidancers on a regular basis through the week, rather than the 30 or so we had at our small hotel in Barca

Rubyred - we weren't actually thinking of tango, but I'd never rule that out for the future! I'm always happy to hear about tango being fitted into a dance holiday.

Personally, I really fancy the Ceroc tango breaks in Berlin with Anya the rep who was there with us in Barcelona. She's amazing and stunninly gorgeous - loved by guys & girls alike. (And she does Salsa, David!)

R. x

...Anya the rep who was there with us in Barcelona. She's amazing and stunninly gorgeous - loved by guys & girls alike. (And she does Salsa, David!)

R. x

Anya was the rep in Lloret and I could agree with you more about her. She was around all the time and worked tirelessly to ensure everybody had a good time and where possible incorporate any reasonable suggestion you had into the holiday programme.

Yeah, perhaps I should add further, that I did enjoy the Barca trip, but the Medfest one sounds even better to me.

I'd much prefer to meet up to 300 or so fellow holidancers on a regular basis through the week, rather than the 30 or so we had at our small hotel in Barca
    Were you there in 2004 or 2005 did you get some Minggers ?

My hotel had about 12 women and 3 men dancers , use to hobble out at night

If there was a Blues room next year and Marc and yourself come to help run it I think that would be the icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.
    Unfortunately, they haven't asked us to do Ceroc Medfest next year. But I have no doubt it will be great - brilliant if they can get a blues room going too.

They did, however, ask us to do the Cuba holiday next March! I have a feeling we will be able to incorporate all kinds of what we want there.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    ...blahcelona...

My hotel had about 12 women and 3 men dancers , use to hobble out at night
    Aug 2004. I didn't mean the 30 or so in our hotel were 'minggers' (in fact they were a great bunch), just that I'd prefer to meet even more people

I have recently returned from the Ceroc Medfest in Lloret de Mar and would like to say what a fantastic time I had.

Yup, me and Mrs Fitz were there as well for a week in the sun and a bit of dancing in the evenings. Must say we had a fantastic time. Lovely atmosphere around the place, some truly wonderful dancers, and the standard was very high. Just a great place to dance. I can see this as an event that could get bigger and bigger.

Really liked the ballroom venue for the dances each evening, and even with 200 folk there still loads of room to dance. Proper air conditioning too!!!

Hmmm, maybe I should make my holiday next year a dance holiday?

Villemo, you up for it?

Actually, if we could organise a huge group of friends to go together, that would be fantastic! Ooooh, all my favourite dancers, sun, sea, sand, music........ It would be heaven!

We flew out to Barcelona in 2000 to visit friends who were there for a Ceroc Dance Holiday - the numbers of females were so low that when we got there that we were asked by Phil Roberts to make up the numbers in the classes which we did with pleasure.

It was on a much smaller scale then so it is great to hear that things are taking off with such big numbers for the Lloret holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    Hmmm, maybe I should make my holiday next year a dance holiday?

Villemo, you up for it?

Actually, if we could organise a huge group of friends to go together, that would be fantastic! Ooooh, all my favourite dancers, sun, sea, sand, music........ It would be heaven!
    Sounds pretty good to me, but who's gonna rub sunscreen all over me???

Thread Information