Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

Commercial Operator

Re: What made you smile today?

Watching Flowerman dance at the Scottish champs on FB. The bit that really made me smile was the little kid in the background.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlie Bird View Post
    Arranging a weekend dancing with friends.

Roll on Friday.
    Cant wait Cant wait Cant wait....... Bed changed and ready. xxx

Seeing this thread alive and kicking, one week on after its inception

Sometimes, when you hit the 'Post New Topic' button, you think to yourself "Is it worth posting this?...thankfully, the answer on this occassion seems to be 'Yes'

Thankyou all for the 'in the spirit of the thread' posts made so far
    Last edited by Gojive; 21st-October-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: its not it's numbnuts!! :blush:

Watching Flowerman dance at the Scottish champs on FB. The bit that really made me smile was the little kid in the background.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

that was CJs daughter Honor suggesting I looked silly. As if

The cost of my dental treatment is going to be way less then I thought

But they cant save the tooth out next week

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oooh how I love a good ending....

My son came home for lunch yesterday and told me that the sweet old guy (74) at his work, had had his van stolen in the morning. (Apparently he was in a habit of warming it up, by leaving it running on his drive, with the keys in it )

Anyway, today, he gets a phone call from one of his neighbours, saying he was about 8 miles away and was positive he's spotted the van parked up but with different number plates.

So he jumped into one of the other workers cars, with his 'spare' set of keys in hand and sped over there and low and behold, IT WAS THE VAN.

So, one of the young guys, jumped in it and stole it back, only to find when they got it back, it had a boot full of new tools

Ooooh sweet justice! definitely made me smile!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Gorgeous flowers arriving at the office for me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    So, one of the young guys, jumped in it and stole it back, only to find when they got it back, it had a boot full of new tools

Ooooh sweet justice! definitely made me smile!
    Although I agree that it should be a case of tough sh1t for the original thieves losing their tools, I'm afraid the law would probably see it very differently and your son's boss might find himself in trouble if he keeps the tools without mentioning it to the police.

Also, if they stole the van, there's a more than average chance that they stole the tools too. So there may be a tradesman out there with no tools having to make an insurance claim (or worse still buying new ones because he has no insurance).

Sorry, didn't mean to p1ss on your fireworks.

Misreading an email !!

On of my collegues here sent me a link to a charity called Scots Care.

Scotscare - The charity for Scots in London

Apparently set up to help unfortunate Scots living in London.

only That's not how I read the link.. I read it as Scot SCARE which is an altogether different charity.. it involves volunteers sneaking up behind unsuspecting Scottish nationals and shouting "WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR HAGGIS!" in their ears before running off again

My boss calling me just now to say he doesn't need a lift in to work, as he's not coming in today / Piece and quiet to get on with coding all day (and a 'little' bit of surfing of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Misreading an email !!

On of my collegues here sent me a link to a charity called Scots Care.

Scotscare - The charity for Scots in London

Apparently set up to help unfortunate Scots living in London.

only That's not how I read the link.. I read it as Scot SCARE which is an altogether different charity.. it involves volunteers sneaking up behind unsuspecting Scottish nationals and shouting "WE'RE COMING FOR YOUR HAGGIS!" in their ears before running off again

I find a bigger scare to be "The bar's run dry!!"

or

"There's a hole in your pocket"

Blog Entries

Just getting up made me smile today. Life is just so great isn't it.

Thundercat's photos from the Champs last weekend ......ah the memories.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

...being recommended tvtropes.org - i thought "nah it cant be that addictive"...1 hr later I was still reading... brilliant

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Although I agree that it should be a case of tough sh1t for the original thieves losing their tools, I'm afraid the law would probably see it very differently
    Well, yesterday was a day when the police didn't come out in a very good light in MY eyes.

Firstly, when the van was initially reported stolen, the police didn't even come to see the old guy to take a statement.
    Secondly, the guys at my sons work 'did' ring the police to tell them that the van had been spotted but the police said, it was not a priority and wouldn't be able to get there for an hour and actually agreed to them going to get it back, if they had some keys to it, as the property was rightfully theirs.
    Thirdly, the police were invited to come around to take finger prints and a statement etc but apparently they weren't interested!

Lastly and completely unrelated, last night my son was very nearly home from work on his push bike, when suddenly 2 police cars sped up to him, one nearly knocking him off his bike. They jumped out, shouting for him to stop, then he was knocked to the ground, handcuffed, searched, then stood up with his face pressing up against the wall (he's got marks) and questioned!

Luckily, a couple of the shopkeepers know him well (and me) and came to his defence, stressing that whatever it was, it couldn't be him!!
    Then another stroke of luck, his boss drove by and saw Adam. He came over and vouched that he'd only left work 2 minutes before.

this all happened metres from my house, I heard sirens but I was on the phone and didn't bother to look out!

The police did a quick 'background check' and then apologised for such a brutal arrest, saying it was a case of mistaken identity. They were after a serial offender, who matched his description.

The policeman then went on the commend him on being such a polite and courteous boy!

I think they'd have found that out a lot quicker if they'd given him a chance to speak in the first place!

Sorry, it didn't make me smile!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Walking past Sleeping Beautys castle and thinking... bloody hell, I work here

Blog Entries

Well, yesterday was a day when the police didn't come out in a very good light in MY eyes.

Firstly, when the van was initially reported stolen, the police didn't even come to see the old guy to take a statement.
    Secondly, the guys at my sons work 'did' ring the police to tell them that the van had been spotted but the police said, it was not a priority and wouldn't be able to get there for an hour and actually agreed to them going to get it back, if they had some keys to it, as the property was rightfully theirs.
    Thirdly, the police were invited to come around to take finger prints and a statement etc but apparently they weren't interested!

Lastly and completely unrelated, last night my son was very nearly home from work on his push bike, when suddenly 2 police cars sped up to him, one nearly knocking him off his bike. They jumped out, shouting for him to stop, then he was knocked to the ground, handcuffed, searched, then stood up with his face pressing up against the wall (he's got marks) and questioned!

Luckily, a couple of the shopkeepers know him well (and me) and came to his defence, stressing that whatever it was, it couldn't be him!!
    Then another stroke of luck, his boss drove by and saw Adam. He came over and vouched that he'd only left work 2 minutes before.

this all happened metres from my house, I heard sirens but I was on the phone and didn't bother to look out!

The police did a quick 'background check' and then apologised for such a brutal arrest, saying it was a case of mistaken identity. They were after a serial offender, who matched his description.

The policeman then went on the commend him on being such a polite and courteous boy!

I think they'd have found that out a lot quicker if they'd given him a chance to speak in the first place!

Poor thing. Have a hug that always makes me smile getting a cuddle x x

i have been smiling everyday since i,ve been sharing my life with Trouble

OMG that sounds really scarey, hope your son is ok now and not forgetting yourself
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Thread Information