Thread: Blatant racism ?

Blatant racism ?

Ok its no secret (well not now) I read the Daily Mail

It’s also not a ‘surprise’ that there is an article today about a tax payers paying £170,000 a year on a single Afghan mother with seven kids (mainly housing benefits). Details of which you can find by Google. Paying cira £12,000 a month rent for her rather then the market price cira £3,000

What does surprise me was the head line banner the pages given to it , photo of their house and what I would describe as blatant ethnic striing at best, racism at worst

I wonder with the credit crunch starts to bit and councils can no longer spend £700 on each storm hole cover (was that Wandsworth ?) that the papers are largely going to dictate feeling towards ethnic groups and stir up trouble.

Will Jo blogs say I can’t get a mortgage blame my foreign neighbour who is on welfare?

If this is a protracted deep recession people are going to look at people to blame

Incidentally the husband is a Tax driver (1 line in 4 pages) and the land lord and council all have acted within the law and as per guide lines. If anything it’s the government that’s the arse hole not the Council ( new guidelines April 2008)

Re: Blatant racism ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Ok its no secret (well not now) I read the Daily Mail
    Is that past tense and once, or ongoing ?!

I wonder with the credit crunch starts to bite and councils can no longer spend £700 on each storm hole cover (was that Wandsworth ?) that the papers are largely going to dictate feeling towards ethnic groups and stir up trouble.
    I don't think it's specific to ethnic groups on benefits...just anyone on benefits. Some people are just ignorant. For example, there's a woman at my office who's catch phrase is "I'm paying for that.!". She's constantly going on about how her taxes pay for this and that she is basically hateful towards anyone who receives any help from the government whatsoever.

*She doesn't understand, for example, that the tax credits I receive actually save the government thousands of pounds a month. If I didn't receive that help towards my child care expenses, I wouldn't be able to work at all...and that would cost the government at least 4 times as much money.

Of course, my work colleague isn't normal...she's clearly an ignorant twat without any facts and who prefers not to listen to the facts. Having said that, it's not surprising that people generally have a moan about the government handouts when the media constantly throw images at us like the one stewart38 mentioned.

I also think sometimes peoples views are biased to their own circumstances. I support the governments Tax Credit system, because it helps single parents go to work, others might think differently.

*I don't like using me as an example, but it's the best example I can give...you know, seeing as it's me and all that.

I would describe as blatant ethnic striing at best, racism at worst
    What is ethnic string and where can I get some? Does it come in different colours?

Thread Information