Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoes

Re: Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Gosh, have you parted with cash already?? (Hope you read my disclaimer!)Took me 3 months to pick the style I wanted. Which one did you choose?
    I got the
    Vida Mia - Valencia (adjustable) (6440)

Adjustable across the foot , and "instant buckles that have you up and dancing in 10 seconds (not 5 minutes as you fumble to put on your shoes with normal buckles). Frayed straps are a thing of the past, because the buckle is set only once."

I've got these on my Heavenly dance shoes and it means I get at least one extra dance in!

I'll keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Toasti View Post
    I got the
    Vida Mia - Valencia (adjustable) (6440)

Adjustable across the foot , and "instant buckles that have you up and dancing in 10 seconds (not 5 minutes as you fumble to put on your shoes with normal buckles). Frayed straps are a thing of the past, because the buckle is set only once."

I've got these on my Heavenly dance shoes and it means I get at least one extra dance in!

I'll keep you posted
    Oooh yes, gorgeous. Did you go for the 6.5 or the 8.5 heel?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inky66 View Post
    I think Heavenly dance shoes do a service where you draw around your feet and then they make them to size...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I don't know that they make them specifically to your foot though, I think they use that to work out which size to make for you.

I have narrow feet too and one pair Heavenly made for me was size 4 foot with size 3 width which seemed to work.
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news ladies but I've been to 'Heavenly' today and Sandy informs me, that they no longer make shoes for narrow feet!!

They now only use a standard last (sp?)

I took my Mum along, specifically for this reason but Sandy explained, that they'd had a lot of trouble, with shoes not fitting and they were left with the problem of selling on, non standard sized shoes!

She did explain that, if someone was an old customer and had had shoes from them in the past and were happy with them, then they would make another pair from that pattern but the customer would have to agree to buy them, even if they don't fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    Heavenly Dance shoes now do WCS shoes
    Yes, she's just had a massive delivery from China, she's been waiting for it 5 months but the only colour she's got, is Black. She wants to see how they do before ordering more in, cos she has to make a massive order!

They're quite reasonable though, I think they were £35 or £39?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Yes, she's just had a massive delivery from China, she's been waiting for it 5 months but the only colour she's got, is Black. She wants to see how they do before ordering more in, cos she has to make a massive order!

They're quite reasonable though, I think they were £35 or £39?
    I thought they made them as well - they had a wide selection of them in lovely colours shoes with very flexi soles at Southport - I was dissapointed to learn that the flexi soles can only be put on the low heeled wcs sandals

I thought they made them as well - they had a wide selection of them in lovely colours shoes with very flexi soles at Southport - I was dissapointed to learn that the flexi soles can only be put on the low heeled wcs sandals
    They do make them as well - I ordered some

I thought they made them as well - they had a wide selection of them in lovely colours shoes with very flexi soles at Southport
    Yep, I have WCS sandals from them (see pic a few posts back) with the flexi soles. But maybe Lory is talking about other WCS shoes, not sandals?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I thought they made them as well -
    They do!

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well.

I meant they've taken stock of a job lot of ready made WCS sandals (all black), which they can sell on at a cheaper price

The ones they make, are exclusive to you but also cost a lot more.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Oooh yes, gorgeous. Did you go for the 6.5 or the 8.5 heel?
    The 8.5 . I thought they'd be great for Tango, and if they turn out to be a good fit I'll get some of the lower ones for MJing - they're very stilletto-ey though - Im worried I might break them!

Can't wait for them to arrive (I would put a drool icon here but I think it looks like someone throwing up )

Quote Originally Posted by Toasti View Post
    The 8.5 . I thought they'd be great for Tango...
    Too right, it had to be the precipitous ones, really. I don't think they'll break, probably made out of kryptonite or something.

Smile Re: Shoes

I'm not feeling too great tonight so the bad news is I didn't make my Tango class .

The good news is that the above mentioned shoes arrived and they're amazing!! Normally, shoes are too wide around the heel and, although I have some heel inserts, I still slide around. Not to mention sliding through open toe shoes, or bruised toenails from closed toes. These fit perfectly around my heel and they are so well padded I can't even tell I've got them on. And although the front is adjustable the setting they arrived with is perfect for my feet! Who'd have guessed I've got Argentinian feet??!!

They look beautiful and I'm going to give them a whirl MJing at Brighouse tomorrow. Jivecat I owe you a drink if we ever meet .

Oh, and in a one woman attempt to reverse the current credit crunch I also bought a swirly skirt I've been eyeing up for ages and a pretty top. They both arrived today too so I'm sat here looking the part even though I'm not up to dancing tonight.

I have decided I need some silver and some gold shoes. May have a look at yours Toastie and see what the height is like, 3 1/2 inches, I think I'd get vertigo, but I do have some 3inch from ballroom.

I am sorry if I missed this but what is the link to where you bought these shoes please.

p.s you were missed tonight will catch up soon, we did ochos by the way.
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

new suede soles and flexible WCS soles

Last Saturday at Twisted I wore some new shoes for the first time. Although they were fairly comfy I had some trouble dancing as the new, still fluffy, suede soles were sticking to the floor too much - even in the slippy corner of the dance floor. I usually stick to leather soles. My dancing was so dire that one partner asked me what the hell I was wearing on my feet! (it's ok, I know the guy and he had evey reason to make the remark!)

So, the question I have is:
    What can one do to make new suede soles smoother/faster?

Another dance shoe related question I've been thinking about for a while is to do with flexible soles on WCS dance shoes. I havn't bought any of these yet but I'd like to hear from any Westies who have and whether they really do make a difference

Commercial Operator

A while ago, I mentioned having bought a pair of shoes from Vidadance - I've been using them solidly for the last couple of months, so I thought it time to post some thoughts on them.

These are beautiful looking shoes (I bought the stone colouring, and will probably by buying a black pair soon to go with them)
    Soft (but strong) leather for most of the uppers gives an incredibly comfortable feel to them. The soles are hard, leather, which gives a wonderful surface for controlled slides. While it looks like a split-soled design, they don't feel like it to wear, and give a great deal of support, while providing flexibility where you need it. There's nice little touches too, like the laces, which are of a broad variety which like to stay tied (unlike the laces on my Aris Allens, for example)

The manufacturing is superb - these shoes just exude quality. While a mere two months use is far too short a period to give a good idea of their longevity, I'd be very surprised if these didn't last me years.

There are only two things I don't like about them. Firstly, there's virtually no cushioning in the shoes. I know people who use 'em who don't have a problem with that, but it's not good for my feet. The problem is easily solved, however - I just use memory foam insoles.
    The other issue is that the back section of the heel is made of rubber, not leather. This is less of a problem than I'd expected, and I know some people who find it very handy - but personally, I prefer a pure leather heel. Just a matter of what one is used to. Again, easily solved - I plan to take 'em to a cobblers to get the rubber section replaced.

Overall, even with those two niggles, these are easily the best dance shoes I have ever owned, and well worth every penny.

Thread Information